Sign in to follow this  
The Young One

Lee the new signing

Just wonder whether Lee was offered to Norwich just before administration of Palace was announced.He would be ideal for Norwich, he wanted to stay here and his fee was the stumbling block which mustnow be a fire sale price.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]So is Lee the new signing then or not ?  Cos the way the title reads suggests he is.[/quote]Course he isn''t lol.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="blahblahblah"]So is Lee the new signing then or not ?  Cos the way the title reads suggests he is.
[/quote]

Course he isn''t lol.
[/quote]

now your not just saying that to cheer me up are you ?

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="blahblahblah"]So is Lee the new signing then or not ?  Cos the way the title reads suggests he is.[/quote]Course he isn''t lol.[/quote]

[/quote]Past his best striker, the wrong side of 30.Sound like a Lambert signing to you?

[quote user="Brendan"]Why doesnt anyone like him? I think he''s as good as Holt. Much more lazy though. [/quote]Well he''s not as good as Holt then, is he?

Lambert has said he does not want people at the wrong end of their career or teenage premiership hopefuls.

Cannot see this one happening thankfully.

I agree cant see it happening for one second but tell you what 6 month loan deal to cover Holt and to rest Holt towards the end of games when we are winning wouldnt be that bad would it? Its the one position we cant cover with a similar type player

He also wants hungry players. Not one who gives the impression that he has been stuffing his face for the last three years.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="blahblahblah"]So is Lee the new signing then or not ?  Cos the way the title reads suggests he is.[/quote]Course he isn''t lol.[/quote]

[/quote]Past his best striker, the wrong side of 30.Sound like a Lambert signing to you?[/quote]Good point !

[quote user="Lambert is King"]I agree cant see it happening for one second but tell you what 6 month loan deal to cover Holt and to rest Holt towards the end of games when we are winning wouldnt be that bad would it? Its the one position we cant cover with a similar type player[/quote]

Would be an ideal way to use him! Just when the defenders think Holt has battered them as much as he can, on steps Alan Lee... Perfect!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Brendan"]Why doesnt anyone like him? I think he''s as good as Holt. Much more lazy though. [/quote]Well he''s not as good as Holt then, is he?[/quote]Hard working is a great attribute for a Footballer, but doesnt mean they are good. Yes, Holt is awsome! But Lee has a far more proven goal scoring record in a higher division, and for me, proved himself more.

[quote user="Brendan"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Brendan"]Why doesnt anyone like him? I think he''s as good as Holt. Much more lazy though. [/quote]Well he''s not as good as Holt then, is he?[/quote]Hard working is a great attribute for a Footballer, but doesnt mean they are good. Yes, Holt is awsome! But Lee has a far more proven goal scoring record in a higher division, and for me, proved himself more. [/quote]"Proved" is the crucial point there.Lazy footballers and journeymen have no place in our team any more.

Seems like a few posters didn''t watch Norwich last year, he was an ideal target man and caused a lot of problems in the box, a very similar player to Holtremember last years opponents were of a higher standard than this yrs so getting someone like Lee in for a year would be great business this yr as cover forHolt or even play Lee with Holt and alternate with Martin as we were weak upfront without Holt and this was evident against brentford and Walsall.Next year assuming we go up we could see how it stands after 6mth.Can''t understand people saying lee wouldn''t be a good addition they obviously don''t know a lot about football. 

[quote user="Hit Squad"]Seems like a few posters didn''t watch Norwich last year, he was an ideal target man and caused a lot of problems in the box, a very similar player to Holtremember last years opponents were of a higher standard than this yrs so getting someone like Lee in for a year would be great business this yr as cover forHolt or even play Lee with Holt and alternate with Martin as we were weak upfront without Holt and this was evident against brentford and Walsall.Next year assuming we go up we could see how it stands after 6mth.Can''t understand people saying lee wouldn''t be a good addition they obviously don''t know a lot about football. [/quote]So anyone with a differing opinion to yours doesn''t know much about football?Yeah he was alright for us last season but I don''t think he would bring anything new to the team we haven''t already got, oh and we can''t afford Champ wages for someone to sit on the bench just in case Holty gets injured. It would be another short sighted, short term signing that we have been too guilty of in the past.And he''s ex scum.[:)]

Can''t see it happening. I''ve said a few times on here I think he would be a perfect addition to our squad to help gain promotion, and still think so. First and foremost it''s all about getting out of this division and he provides another option.

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]you must be joking.we have no need for the fat arsed pikeywhat next? sibierski? killen?[/quote]

Don''t really see what Lee would offer, not for me , just wondering Fillet do you refer to Wes as that midfield gem pikey and Doc as the ginger Pele pikey, Spillane as the next big thing pikey or is Lee a genuine caravan loving one off?.......I''m sure you see where I''m going with this.

[quote user="Hit Squad"]Seems like a few posters didn''t watch Norwich last year, he was an ideal target man and caused a lot of problems in the box, a very similar player to Holtremember last years opponents were of a higher standard than this yrs so getting someone like Lee in for a year would be great business this yr as cover forHolt or even play Lee with Holt and alternate with Martin as we were weak upfront without Holt and this was evident against brentford and Walsall.Next year assuming we go up we could see how it stands after 6mth.Can''t understand people saying lee wouldn''t be a good addition they obviously don''t know a lot about football. [/quote]Thank you, Mr Lee.