Sign in to follow this  
TheFineCity

Brentford not happy with away ticket allocation

Totally blown out of all proportion. Norwich could often sell more home tickets, but some home supporters are left disappointed with the away section full. It''s obvious we meet our obligations. But like many have already mentioned tickets were still available this afternoon, I witnessed someone buying them. Much ado about nothing.

Excuse me morty & other fans on here (thinking we doing well gone to there heads on here ).But may i remind you that Brentford fans were clearing their pitch of snow last weekend to get a match on (TRUE SURPPOTERS).Why all this tat againest them a good pal of mine a Brentford fan and ashamed to hear all this bad feeling dont belive all you see on web sites they respect us as we should them .Yeah hope we win but no need for all this i am the big i am cos we aint

[quote user="bread1"]

Excuse me morty & other fans on here (thinking we doing well gone to there heads on here ).But may i remind you that Brentford fans were clearing their pitch of snow last weekend to get a match on (TRUE SURPPOTERS).Why all this tat againest them a good pal of mine a Brentford fan and ashamed to hear all this bad feeling dont belive all you see on web sites they respect us as we should them .Yeah hope we win but no need for all this i am the big i am cos we aint

[/quote]I think you''ll find, if you read the thread, that the beef started on their message board, with them trying to play the "big bully club Norwich" angle because of their mismanagement of the ticket allocations.

Wouldnt be suprised if we lose saturday after all this drama. The bubble has to burst at some point, and I would rather it happen now than near the end of the season. Every club has a blip and we havent had one under Lambert.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Brentford is hardly miles away, and as for being a tin pot club.....are they the same tinpot club that beat us 2-1 this season? And whats all this "we are a big club" and "all these tin pot clubs" crap? Since weve been in the promotion places ive noticed a serious increase in arrogance from Norwich fans, something that we have never been before, and something I personally do not like.[/quote]

Arthur Wihittle ah ah well said nice football  team great surppoters Knowing me knowing you arthur whittle ah ah

How many do Brentford get for home games? - Probably half the ground capcity!

How many do Brentford normally take to away grounds at places where they''d lots of empty seats? - again probably not many. In fact they took under 200 to CR for the Paint pot trophy match!

Brentford don''t realise the problems we have in that our ground capcity is 10,000 short of what it should be for  a club of our support levels, so every game fans that would of liked to have gone, can''t get in.

I remember going to Brentford in 2001 for 1-0 League cup defeat, getting to the ground in plenty of time yet missing the 1st 8 minutes because Brentford had totally underestimated the Norwich support levels and had most of the away ends turnstiles closed!

Unfortunately due to poor decisions at board Norwich City are in a Division they are too big for and so problems like those encountered by a perrenial small club not used to big crowds (Brentford) are going to occur!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

How many do Brentford get for home games? - Probably half the ground capcity!

[/quote]

They had 5000 for Carlisle at home but over 8000 for Charlton and over 9000 for Leeds.

[quote user="Jerry"]There was still a good 100 or so seats in the away end that were free[/quote]

You beat me to it, was just going to say they didn''t fill the 900 seats they bought.

My thoughts exactly! They moaned about not having a larger allocation then don''t sell what they''ve got. Great to hear the chant, '' You couldn''t sell all your tickets'' so early on.