Sign in to follow this  
Canariesworld

My trip 3 hour plus trip to the pub

Everyone else seems to be telling their story from today so thought i''d join in.

8.15am leave for CR

9.30am leave CR on official coach

1.30pm ish arrive at the ground and head for a local pub

2.05pm rumours start in the pub that the game is off

2.15pm Head back to ground

2.30pm head into the stadium knowing the game is off

2.31pm join in with a chorus of ''On the ball City''

2.32pm went to the toilet in the ground then got back on the coach and travelled back to Nelson''s County

I''ve read on the website that my coach travel will be refunded which i''m rather pleased about because I normally drive to games. I feel bad for the people who drove and won''t get their petrol money refunded.

OTBC

I personally am really unhappy about this all. To only postpone it 1 hour before was a joke. I just dont understand why they couldnt check it in the morning to save us getting there. I will get all my money back as I went on the coach but to have to go all the way there and back for no reason is very annoying

[quote user="Sheffield uni Canary"]yeh i drove down cost me about £20-£30 in fuel, which isn''t ideal, but its not the end of the world[/quote]

Im the same altho it cost me £40 in fuel as im near the coast in norfolk. But not alot we can do :( 

Im just glad im home now.

cost us near enough 70 in petrol, thats 70 quid i could of done with, they should offer free travel to all 2000 or so fans for the replay.

Its a shame in a way aswell because we had around 2,200 fans going and they had even given us some of one of they other stands so would have been a really good atmosphere. Also Walsall are going to lose out on a hell of a lot of money as theres no chance of us bringing such a big following if its on a tuesday night

[quote user="seby1991"]Its a shame in a way aswell because we had around 2,200 fans going and they had even given us some of one of they other stands so would have been a really good atmosphere. Also Walsall are going to lose out on a hell of a lot of money as theres no chance of us bringing such a big following if its on a tuesday night[/quote]

They were giving us free pies so they didnt have to bin them. They will lose out unfortunately

[quote user="cityislife"]cost us near enough 70 in petrol, thats 70 quid i could of done with, they should offer free travel to all 2000 or so fans for the replay.
[/quote]

Agreed... the offer that NCFC has made to it''s fans so far is a joke... although it was obvious that the lame money back for your tickets, plus money back for those few hundred of the two and a half thousand who travelled on coach were the best that the club was going to offer.

The club should be offering refunds for peoples petrol money in my opinion, or at the very least free coach travel to a game of that particular supporters choice (as many will not want to attend the rescheduled game at Walsall).

A decision should of been made on the pitch by 10am at the latest (I believe the ref never even turned up until 11:30am) and as another poster has mentioned on another thread, the pitch played on by Bradford City today makes the decision made in Walsall look like an aboslute joke at best, or at worst a very cynical ploy at the expense of the City supporters who made the journey.

[quote user="cityislife"]cost us near enough 70 in petrol, thats 70 quid i could of done with, they should offer free travel to all 2000 or so fans for the replay.
[/quote]

Even at your outrageoulsy highly taxed prices for gas, 70 pounds for a trip seems way out of line.  You may want to get your car checked out.  Or are you driving a tank?  How many miles is it to Wallsall?  4 hours from Carrow Road according to the originator of this thread, so it can''t be all that far. What are you guys paying for petrol now?  Last time I was there, the price was hovering around a pound per liter.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

[quote user="cityislife"]cost us near enough 70 in petrol, thats 70 quid i could of done with, they should offer free travel to all 2000 or so fans for the replay.[/quote]

Even at your outrageoulsy highly taxed prices for gas, 70 pounds for a trip seems way out of line.  You may want to get your car checked out.  Or are you driving a tank?  How many miles is it to Wallsall?  4 hours from Carrow Road according to the originator of this thread, so it can''t be all that far. What are you guys paying for petrol now?  Last time I was there, the price was hovering around a pound per liter.

[/quote]Depending on where you shop, the lowest I''ve seen is £1.05 and highest was £1.11. I''ve done this journey several times and generally costs me about £30 in fuel with a some left over but that''s in a small engine car. My guess would be that either he is driving a car that isn''t very economic with fuel or the start of his journey did not originate in Norwich... I mean to get through that much fuel Norwich -> Walsall your car would have to do to about 12-15 miles to the gallon!