Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

FFS! Give Lambert Credit!

[quote user="Captain Pugwash"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Gunn did that, Worthy signed him, its Roeders team this etc.

Wake up, only one man and his team has turned City round.

PAUL LAMBERT!

[/quote]

I doubt that any fan would disagree that Lambert has clearly done an excellent job so far and I am confident that he has 100% support from all the fans. However, what has angered many fans is the constant rubbishing of Gunn. Lambert deserves credit for what he has so far achieved. But Gunn deserves credit too for stopping the rot, bringing is some excellent new players, giving academy players such as Smith, Adeyemi etc their chance and so on. What he doesn''t deserve is the constant and gratuitous contempt displayed by so many posters on here. None of us will ever know whether or not Gunn would have been a good manager for us because he wasn''t given the chance to show what he could do with the squad of players that he and Butterworth assembled. Either way it is just pure speculation so therefore pointless. Posters such as Pope Beausant pontificating that "Gunn was a disaster" are just indulging in self-congratulatory hyperbole. It might sound very authoratitive to the Pontiff and his friends on here but it''s just a silly statement to make. However, one thing is indisputable - that Gunn was either brave or stupid to step up to the plate when he did because - fact - he inherited a truly awful squad of players, of which a significant proportion were Roeder''s loanees and the better contracted players wanted to go, a poisonous atmosphere, a rudderless ship of a club suffering from years of mismanagement and misdirection and a thoroughly disgruntled set of fans most of whom were ready to explode with "righteous indignation". Gunn didn''t take the club down, his predecessors, owners and directors had already effectively done that. The trouble is that the one dimensional posters on this MB don''t recognise that fact or are incapabable of understanding it. I fully support Lambert and I have a high regard for him but there is no doubt in my mind that he would not have saved us from relegation had he taken over when Gunn did. I will continue to support Lambert but I will continue defending Gunn as long as silly posters on here continue to feel the need to give ALL the credit to Lambert and at the same time rubbish Gunn.

[/quote]

Gunn stopped the rot Puggy?................jeez!

Excellent new players? Holt was wanted by Lambert at Col who, and Askou granted, then, err?[:S]

PAUL LAMBERT!

[/quote]

I doubt that any fan would disagree that Lambert has clearly done an excellent job so far and I am confident that he has 100% support from all the fans. However, what has angered many fans is the constant rubbishing of Gunn. Lambert deserves credit for what he has so far achieved. But Gunn deserves credit too for stopping the rot, bringing is some excellent new players, giving academy players such as Smith, Adeyemi etc their chance and so on. What he doesn''t deserve is the constant and gratuitous contempt displayed by so many posters on here. None of us will ever know whether or not Gunn would have been a good manager for us because he wasn''t given the chance to show what he could do with the squad of players that he and Butterworth assembled. Either way it is just pure speculation so therefore pointless. Posters such as Pope Beausant pontificating that "Gunn was a disaster" are just indulging in self-congratulatory hyperbole. It might sound very authoratitive to the Pontiff and his friends on here but it''s just a silly statement to make. However, one thing is indisputable - that Gunn was either brave or stupid to step up to the plate when he did because - fact - he inherited a truly awful squad of players, of which a significant proportion were Roeder''s loanees and the better contracted players wanted to go, a poisonous atmosphere, a rudderless ship of a club suffering from years of mismanagement and misdirection and a thoroughly disgruntled set of fans most of whom were ready to explode with "righteous indignation". Gunn didn''t take the club down, his predecessors, owners and directors had already effectively done that. The trouble is that the one dimensional posters on this MB don''t recognise that fact or are incapabable of understanding it. I fully support Lambert and I have a high regard for him but there is no doubt in my mind that he would not have saved us from relegation had he taken over when Gunn did. I will continue to support Lambert but I will continue defending Gunn as long as silly posters on here continue to feel the need to give ALL the credit to Lambert and at the same time rubbish Gunn.

[/quote]

Sorry, I can see it now. Oversaw our relegation to a level we last played in 50 years previously, signed people like Maric, Whaley and Theo and then led us to the worst opening day result in living memory. What was I thinking? How could anyone describe that as a disaster?

* slinks off to wash mouth out with soap and water*

Loving the whole Pope/pontiff thing though. How long did you spend working on that?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Beaus - if you really are the Pope/pontiff you would definitely get Delia''s ear. You can command she sells[:O]

[;)]

[/quote]

Bless you my son. Consider all your sins absolved[G]

PAUL LAMBERT!

[/quote]

[/quote]

Can you please explain to me who was in charge of the team when we were relegated then? 

Yes mistakes were made, huge mistakes, which saw us relegated to where we are now for the first time in 50 years, but that was down to Gunny as he was team manager.  And sometimes no matter how much he may have wanted to be a manager for the club he loves, he and his backroom team simply couldn''t get the players to play decent football.

Gunny, and he will always be a legend in my eyes, should never have gone for the job, and the board should never have given him the job, no doubt the cheap option again.  I was one of those who so wanted him to do well, but his naivity shone through and led us, with the help of the players to the here and now.

It''s amazing that since the new CEO and new board members have been here that the club, it seems is more about the football on the pitch, and less about restaurants, hotels and catering.  Also we now have an astute manager, and his backroom team who actually know what they are doing.

It''s a good thing being a NCFC supporter now, we have hope, something we haven''t had for many years, there is light at the end of a very dark, and deep tunnel and we are getting closer to that light.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Beaus - if you really are the Pope/pontiff you would definitely get Delia''s ear. You can command she sells[:O]

[;)]

[/quote]

Have you kissed his ring yet? [;)]

[quote user="Shyster"]Correct.

Needs other options than the diamond though.

[/quote]

While its working why change, would be amazed if Lambert hasnt got something up his sleeve should league 1 suddenely realise how to stop us with the diamond !

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[;)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You just went where I feared to tread[:O]

[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[;)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You just went where I feared to tread[:O]

[;)]

[/quote]

Hahahaha sorry Nutty I couldn''t stop myself asking [:D]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[;)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m quite shocked  mate![:$][;)]

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[;)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No ya not lol besides that''s what Catholics do to the pope isn''t it? hahahaha

At the end of the day the only good things Gunn did during his tenure were to buy Holt, Hughes and Askou and bring back Spillane and Martin.The rest is all down to Lambert.The main decision by Lambert that proves that its his team and all his own doing that were 3rd and not Gunns, is Lambo''s decision to drop Gill and Tudor Jones and bring in Lappin and Smith, who in my opinion have been a revelation this season and along with Holt and Askou have been fundamental to our success.Gunn''s now a marketing manager for a retail shop. Nuff said.

[quote user="Badgerboy"]god yea..norwich are playing with passion and skill,lambert had the balls to put korey smith in and now the youth boys are gagging for a place.

putting pressure on the older players.

havent seen city this good since worthing pre-prem days[/quote]Excellent point!The elevation of Korey Smith and Chris Martin as first names on the team sheet as had a real impact on the squad I feel, its woken up the seniors like Doc and Russell who may have got complacent seeing as tho theyve been ever present for the last 3 seasons no matter how they played simply because there''s been no one else to take there place.And its also given the youth players something to play for that just wasnt there under Grant,  Roeder and Gunn, so players like Daley, Francomb, Adeyemi, Cody, Rudd, Dawkin etc are giving it 110% cause they know theyll get rewarded with regular starts like Smith has done.The young guys are fighting tooth and nail to get in the team and the seniors are fighting tooth and nail to keep there place in the team, the results are obvious.Well done Lambert. Someone once said ''''youll win nothing with kids''''. He turned out to be very wrong.

We also cant overlook McNally and Culverhouse''s importance to our revival.McNally wanted rid of Gunn before the season started and couldnt wait to sack him after the Colchester debacle. McNally knows football, unlike Doomcaster and Delia, and rightly knew who to bring in to turn things around.Culverhouse has transformed the defence and weve looked solid in every game weve played in, apart from the odd game like Carlisle etc where individual errors (Nelson) undid the defence.The solid defence Culverhouse has worked on has set a platform for the front 3 to build on, and funnily enough when a defence does their job and keeps a clean sheet and the attack does their job and scores goals, you win football matches. Simple.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[;)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And choirboys.[:D]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[;)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Should have been this one[:$]

And choirboys[:D]

[quote user="BGGYPOS"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[;)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Should have been this one[:$]

And choirboys[:D]

[/quote]

lol I knew what you meant