Sign in to follow this  
FU MAN SHOE

Just who got international call ups from Leeds?

I''ve got a nagging feeling, probably unfounded, that Leeds are getting special treatment this season with yet another Saturday rest. Just how many internationals have they had called up this week? I was hoping for Swindon to at least hold them to a draw to shrink the gap between us.

Perhaps we could let Carra out for some international netball games when our fixtures get a bit congested and get a week off. Whatever happened to the ''sacred turf'', they''ll be cancelling games for double booking bloody car boot sales next!

Leeds United''s game at Swindon Town has been postponed due to international commitments.

The game was postponed on Wednesday afternoon, following United''s third international call-up for Saturday November 14.

Central defender Rui Marques was the third player to be called up for international duty after he was named in the Angola squad.

Paddy Kisnorbo has already been named in the Australian squad for

their game in Oman while Alan Martin is in the Scotland under-21 squad

the same weekend. In addition, Lubo Michalik is on standby for Slovakia.

"League regulations stipulate that a game can be called off if you

have three players called up for international duty," said Leeds boss Simon Grayson.

"As it stands we have three called-up and one on stand-by, but there

are still some more squads to be announced and it may be that we lose

other players or have players placed on stand-by.

"We wanted to make a decision at the earliest opportunity to inform people."

United also have Welsh international Sam Vokes on loan from Wolves

who could be called up for the Wales game against Scotland, while Robert Snodgrass was named in the last Scotland squad, and George Burley is due to announce his latest squad on Thursday.

In their defence they did have a few called up:

Rui Marques for Angola

Paddy Kisnorbo for Australia

Alan Martin for Scotland u21

Lubo Michalik for Slovenia

Sam Vokes for Wales

If we were in the same position with Wes, Hughes and erm.... someone else called up I''m sure we''d want games called off - remember well how peed off we use to be when Eadie, Marshall and O''Neill were called up before U21''s counted.

Also I think they''d rather play at the moment as they are on a good run than play it in January when form may have gone and injuries mounted.