Sign in to follow this  
dpit

Best goal never scored a Carrow Road

Alan Gow vs Cardiff, lovely bit of skill to turn their defender, chipped it round and over the keeper with the outside of his foot and went about 2 inches wide, woulda been a sublime little goal.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Robert Rosario''s 45yd half volley v Southampton in a 4-4 thriller. 1989/90

or

For pure emotion....Ashton''s last minute header v Newcastle. Not the greatest goal but the winner in injury after Kluivert had equilised in the 90th min.

or

Hucks v Cardiff. Ran the legth of the pitch. Vintage Hucks. His best ever goal for us IMO.
[/quote]

I can go along with that one, or foxy against Notts forest in 1988

The move that culminated in Martin heading wide when he should have scored early in the second half last week was pretty tasty with lots of slick passing.

Can''t think of anything earlier than that because I''m getting old and forgetful!

Late 80''s , Wednesday night at home to Forest i think. Ball flies in from the left to obscure angle outside of the right hand side of the penalty area. There was was Peter Mendham to volley it in to the top left hand corner............Offside! Had it have counted, would be one of the great goals seen at Carrow road.

Ok, this wasn''t at Carrow Road, but does anyone else remember Huckerby dribbling around almost the entire Tottenham team at the Lane, only to literally run out of steam by the time he got to Robinson, and barely get a shot off?That would have been SOME goal.

Ok, this is a great thread, and could almost entirely devoted to Huckerby - a great run through zillions of defenders before a shot blazed over the bar? He did that in practically every game.

But he didn''t literally run out of steam at White Hart Lane.

Shall I explain this thread to Houston, or does someone else want to do it?

As for an actual entry, I''ll second Goss''s shot against the bar vs Inter. As far as spectacularness of goal multiplied by importance of game goes, that''s got to be the winner.

While technically not the best shot missed - the one goal that really bloody should''ve been was Cureton missing an open goal from two yards...!

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]

Ok, this is a great thread, and could almost entirely devoted to Huckerby - a great run through zillions of defenders before a shot blazed over the bar? He did that in practically every game.

But he didn''t literally run out of steam at White Hart Lane.

Shall I explain this thread to Houston, or does someone else want to do it?

As for an actual entry, I''ll second Goss''s shot against the bar vs Inter. As far as spectacularness of goal multiplied by importance of game goes, that''s got to be the winner.

[/quote]Can''t believe you caught me doing some top, top Jamie Redknapp style commentary there...[:$]"He''s literally on fire! T''riffic. What a top, top player"

[quote user="Mook"]Ok, this wasn''t at Carrow Road, but does anyone else remember Huckerby dribbling around almost the entire Tottenham team at the Lane, only to literally run out of steam by the time he got to Robinson, and barely get a shot off?That would have been SOME goal.[/quote]Didn''t Ledley King manage to catch him at the last minute and put a foot in just as Hucks was about to pull the trigger? I don''t think he ran out of steam, just got caught by a defender running at full pelt whilst he was rounding the keeper. For me that was the difference between the Championship and the Premiership - had Hucks done that against any Championship team it would have been a guaranteed goal.