Sign in to follow this  
In Dubious Battle

Hughes, Rudd & Steer

Scotland have not qualified for the world cup, even if they did the chances of Stephen Hughes making the 22 are minimal.Declan Rudd & Jed Steer are away with pretend England squads. I guess my point is, why have we allowed our team to be weakened in this way? I hate Alex Ferguson as much as the next bloke, but when he complains about international football has he got a point?

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]Scotland have not qualified for the world cup, even if they did the chances of Stephen Hughes making the 22 are minimal.

Declan Rudd & Jed Steer are away with pretend England squads.

I guess my point is, why have we allowed our team to be weakened in this way? I hate Alex Ferguson as much as the next bloke, but when he complains about international football has he got a point?
[/quote]

Hughes case was interesting, because with Flecter, Scott Brown in their midfield, I don''t think he can get a chance there.

Also players cannot reject their call up by their country? I don''t know...

Obviously (I think) players can reject call ups, but who would really want to if it was their debut?  The real issue here is that we don''t get a week off like the CCC and Prem, but for obvious reasons. That we have players good enough to be considered for such an honor is a great sign of things to come. How many Walsall or Leyton players will be gone this wknd?  Besides, it gives the manager an easy way to test some players who might otherwise be left off the team.  Look at it from the positive side and it''s pretty impressive!  We''re Division 3 and we got 3 players being called up. We barely had that many when we were Prem! 

brown and flecher both pulled out thats why hughes has his chance the most capped scottish midfielder in the team for Japan is Charlie Adam and he has only had four caps the rest of the midfield they are taking there have none or maybe one cap to there name

[quote user="King Korey"]Havent Leeds got there game called up this weekend because of international call ups? Surely that is favouritism..[/quote]

I think you''re allowed to postpone it if you have three first team players called up, but the opposition have to agree. 

Agree Wiz. International football is the pinnacle of a player''s career regardless of how committed to a club they may be, and regardless of whether it may be a "pointless" friendly. This is the only type of games these players are really going to show why they deserve to play competitive international games.

Technically we could argue that all 3 would have had a role in todays game couldn''t we? Also i''d like to see who Leeds 3 are, considering Sondgrass pulled out of japan match

We allegedly pay Stephen Hughes £7,000 a week, he is taking the week of to go and work for another employer. In the very least i hope we are not paying him this week. Declan Rudd had just established himself in the first team by going off with England he has let Forster back in. Surely gaining the no1 jersey permanently at Norwich City is more crucial to his development as a player than playing with a load of kids?I suppose some people value international football more highly than me. I honestly could not care less about the England team.  

As a club we are not in a position to prevent any of them playing. The players themselves are in a position to pull out but i would never expect any of them to do that no matter what level they play at or how far down the eventual pecking order they might be.

In terms of getting it called off, why should we?? Hughes hasn''t been starting recently and Rudd is unlikely to be first choice in the grand scheme of things. As for Steer, thats just clutching at straws.

Let em go, let play for their country and lets also go to Carlisle without em and get 3 points.