Sign in to follow this  
Tookie140

What happens now in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy?

[quote user="Lord Horn"]

[quote user="Mutley"]Anyone know why we didn''t get a bye? Was it that the teams were chosen in the draw to play or get a bye?
[/quote]

Luck of the draw, I think.

[/quote]

16 teams from each section were drawn at random to receive byes - the only condition (from memory) was that the teams receiving byes had not received one the previous year

I would rather beat Leeds in the final, that any other team left in the competition. But equally would be the hardest game so i would happily take Huddersfield in the final.

But were not in the final, were in the 2nd round.

Which means we could play :

Barnet

Brighton

Charlton

Gillingham

Orient

Mk dons

Southend.

Any of them SHOULD be a win. But anything is possible.

I believe the next round is still split into east and west as well as north and south. That means we could only draw one of the south-eastern winners from last night (MK Dons, Gillingham and Barnet) or one of the south-eastern teams given byes (Brighton, Charlton, Leyton Orient, Southend). We are in the hardest section by some distance... just one League Two club and that''s only because they knocked out Millwall!

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]I thought the east/west thing stopped for round two? Could be wrong.[/quote][url=http://www.football-league.co.uk/johnstonespainttrophy/news/trophy-round-2-draw-20090902_2246525_1785722]http://www.football-league.co.uk/johnstonespainttrophy/news/trophy-round-2-draw-20090902_2246525_1785722[/url]I think it''s new for this season.

Think you''re right yeah - Wiki doesn''t mention it (yes, I was sad enough to look it up) so assume it''s a recent addition. Takes away a lot of the interest in the draw when you can play only one of seven teams though...

[quote user="Longy"]The south east section looks the strongest of the lot to me, so rigged!
[/quote]

How can it be rigged?  Its done on a geographical split!  If you look at Northern Section East, thats quite tough too (Huddersfield and Leeds in together)

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

[quote user="Longy"]The south east section looks the strongest of the lot to me, so rigged![/quote]

How can it be rigged?  Its done on a geographical split!  If you look at Northern Section East, thats quite tough too (Huddersfield and Leeds in together)

[/quote]Sigh, I suppose sarcasam is kind of hard to pick up. Next time i will try to find an appropriate smiley to let you know when I am employing sarcasam.