Sign in to follow this  
open goal

women presenters

[quote user="Canary Ascent"][quote user="Scooby"][quote user="Norwich Fan"]

I no i will get shot down for this but

They have a place in the womens game.. Lets leave it with that.

I dont want to see a women presenting, refering mens football

Discuss

[/quote]

Do you think that people should be allowed on this board if they can''t spell, or know anything about grammar?

They have a place in school.  Let''s leave it at that shall we?

[/quote]

Oh look out, the grammar police are about again. I think the OP is on a wind up.

[/quote]

And I think that Scooby has just whooshed right over your head [:)]

Honestly, I don''t know what you are complaining about... Women refs?! Why not;

[img]http://www.theoffside.com/files/2008/09/hot-ref.jpg[/img]

[url]http://www.theoffside.com/files/2008/09/hot-ref.jpg[/url]

(apologies for the casual sexism...)

As everyone''s saying, if a female presenter can do a good job, then she should. I trust Gabby Logan''s take on football far more than I do Graham Taylor''s or David Pleat''s.

The only thing I find ironic is when the media make a point about them using both genders because, y''know, they''re not chauvanisitic, but then only employ women who are blonde and attractive. Sky Sports News seem to recruit their presenters from modelling websites. I wonder why this would be....?

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]As everyone''s saying, if a female presenter can do a good job, then she should. I trust Gabby Logan''s take on football far more than I do Graham Taylor''s or David Pleat''s. The only thing I find ironic is when the media make a point about them using both genders because, y''know, they''re not chauvanisitic, but then only employ women who are blonde and attractive. Sky Sports News seem to recruit their presenters from modelling websites. I wonder why this would be....?[/quote]

Supply & demand, that''s why! If it was presented by a couple of munters some men would flick the channel over much sooner than they would with a couple of fit birds reading from the autocue!!

I know what he was saying McD P but he has just picked me up on another thread for posting a mistake. The point of the post was very clear.

I''m fed up with you lot getting all high and mighty and making out we can''t post if we go to school. My point is as valid as anyone elses on here.

[quote user="Scooby"]Like the space shuttle Mac .........................[;)][/quote]

And just because I wasn''t around for the first launch you feel you can bully me around on here. Well done. I hope you feel so big.

For McD, I was referring to a mistake Scooby pointed out on another post of mine. I got the jist of what he was saying here.

No worries Macdougall. I can take a joke. I''m just getting a little fed up of all the references to the ''school holidays'' on here.

AND to add to the argument, I positively encourage women presenters. Georgie Thompson of SSN is one of my favourites [;)]

Right, I''m off to fix a puncture on my BMX so I can get to the game this evening.

(that''s a joke btw, I''ll be on the train)

Ok Ok Ascent, calm down.  You really need to develop a thicker skin. From time to time on here we like to have a little joke, and if someone post something ridiculous (i.e. sexist) then they''re going to get shot down in flames.  If, as in your case, you start being abusive and using foul language then you are going to be chastised. There is no need for it!  As they say in the military "if you can''t take a joke, you shouldn''t have joined"

[quote user="Canary Ascent"]

Right, I''m off to fix a puncture on my BMX so I can get to the game this evening.

(that''s a joke btw, I''ll be on the train)

[/quote]

That''s the spirit - good gag btw [:)]

[quote user="Scooby"]Ok Ok Ascent, calm down.  You really need to develop a thicker skin. From time to time on here we like to have a little joke, and if someone post something ridiculous (i.e. sexist) then they''re going to get shot down in flames.  If, as in your case, you start being abusive and using foul language then you are going to be chastised. There is no need for it!  As they say in the military "if you can''t take a joke, you shouldn''t have joined"[/quote]

Thanks for the advice. I may have used a reference to a male''s genitals to describe you but I felt that was just reward, at the time, for your blantant disregard to a serious post of mine. Maybe I was a bit wound up due to all of the ''school holidays'' jibes on here and in hindsight may have been inapropriate. For that, I appologise.

I am off now, enjoy the game all. Here''s to a possitive result tonight. OTBC 

[quote user="Canary Ascent"]

[quote user="Scooby"]Ok Ok Ascent, calm down.  You really need to develop a thicker skin. From time to time on here we like to have a little joke, and if someone post something ridiculous (i.e. sexist) then they''re going to get shot down in flames.  If, as in your case, you start being abusive and using foul language then you are going to be chastised. There is no need for it!  As they say in the military "if you can''t take a joke, you shouldn''t have joined"[/quote]

Thanks for the advice. I may have used a reference to a male''s genitals to describe you but I felt that was just reward, at the time, for your blantant disregard to a serious post of mine. Maybe I was a bit wound up due to all of the ''school holidays'' jibes on here and in hindsight may have been inapropriate. For that, I appologise.

I am off now, enjoy the game all. Here''s to a possitive result tonight. OTBC 

[/quote]

Apology accepted, enjoy the game.

[quote user="Norwich Fan"]

Discuss

[/quote]I am sorry but I cannot agree with that. You view is based upon years of a male dominated sport and what you are actually stating is a fear of change.For me if the commentator depicts acurately what is happening I couldn''t give a monkeys whether they were male or femaile. There are quite a few male commentators that are a crock of pants to be honest and are only given the time and credit they get because for the most part they are outspoken.As for refs and linespeople. Again if they can do as good a job as any of the currently exhisting referees why not? Its not as if women are inferior in decision making, some may argue that actually they would be better as they can multi-task.The other way to look at this is that having women more predominantly involved in the game may eventually lead to the shake up it requires, they wont be as old fashioned and stubborn as the FA seems to be at the moment in regards to things like video assistance to refs or goal line technology.Lastly as a side (and a joke) is Neil Warnock not twice as bad as any moaning mother?

[quote user="chicken"]Lastly as a side (and a joke) is Neil Warnock not twice as bad as any moaning mother?[/quote]No he isn''t. The factor is at least 7 or 8.

[quote user="Norwich Fan"]

Discuss

[/quote]

is that you mike (newell) ?