Sign in to follow this  
hugoagogo

Holt only 1 with any credit

Holt is the only player to come out of this total shambles with anything like his reputation in tact.

The goalkeeper whose name i will not try to remember because he should never wear the shirt again would not look out of place in a sunday morning pub team.

Nelson who had a turning circle of a steamliner and about as quick was beyond bad ,slow and basically shit in every area..

We are a national laughing stock.

really? I thought he was ok at best. Looked fat, unfit and was basically a poor alan lee in my opinion. But, i actually suppose he was one of the better ones!

I''m not saying he pulled up any trees just that i thought he did what it says on the tin ran the channels ,battled for his headers and held the ball up when the other clueless 10 got it anywhere near him .All of which i would expect from any self respecting forward i just can not believe how awfull we are as a collective .....matchday host as a manager!

to be fair I thought Wes showed he will be ok, and both the subs had as much of an impact as you could hope for and should both start next week too

Adeyemi was the only glimmer of hope for me. Never seen the kid play before.  When he came on he showed far more composure than the supposed experienced pro''s around him.

[quote user="hugoagogo"]

Holt is the only player to come out of this total shambles with anything like his reputation in tact.

The goalkeeper whose name i will not try to remember because he should never wear the shirt again would not look out of place in a sunday morning pub team.

Nelson who had a turning circle of a steamliner and about as quick was beyond bad ,slow and basically shit in every area..

[/quote]

you are joking!

i think some people are just trying to convince themselves that we didn''t waste another 400k.

personally, i though Martin was the better of the two starting forwards.

he didn''t look in good condition. maybe if he lost a couple of stone he might be able to move

Holt fell over a lot form what i remember.....

Chris Martin did well i thought.. im not his biggest fan but he didnt stop working up front, Cody and Adeyemi did well when they came on too.. everyone else can sod off.... the club should be terminating contracts of most of those players this morning.

jas :)

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."][quote user="hugoagogo"]

[/quote]

you are joking!

i think some people are just trying to convince themselves that we didn''t waste another 400k.

he didn''t look in good condition. maybe if he lost a couple of stone he might be able to move

[/quote]Totaly agree FtFW. Surprised at the support for Holt until I found this thread. Holt did Ok, was not the worst on the pitch - but what does he give us that Martin does not? Effort yes, but slow and overweight. Hoolahan and MacDonald will hurt oppositions more. Adeyemi did enough to be included in the next starting line up. I also thought Tudur Jones showed some promise.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Adeyemi was the only glimmer of hope for me. Never seen the kid play before.  When he came on he showed far more composure than the supposed experienced pro''s around him. [/quote]Maybe Gunn has to realise a 17 year old lad is better than some so called experienced pros.

As always people will have differing opinions on individual players.  For me Holt was about the only good thing on show, although Hoolahan and Martin did not disgrace themselves. Holt put himself about as much as he could considering that we resorted to hoofing the ball towards him and he won quite a lot of aerial battles against their defenders.  Very little was played to his feet and when it was he did well to hold off the oppostion for as long as possible.  Unfortunately, due to the lack of support, he was often uncerimoniously bundled over before he could find a pass.  I do not think he''s overweight though maybe  a little unfit at  this stage, he''s just naturally a very stocky well built guy.  I think, with Cody chasing his flick-ons and creating space with his runs we will see much more from him.

I was disappointed with Holt''s performance yesterday, as I was with Nelson. Why Gunny won''t start with McDonald I don''t know. Who he plays up top with is a tough choice, maybe Maric or Holt. I don''t know whether Martin and McDonald would work.

Difficult to judge him on one game, especially when all around him was going pear shaped, but he looked to be carrying excess weight to me. Yes, he kept trying. What was clear was that you can''t play him and Martin together as they have no real pace, and insufficient guile, between them (ditto Doc and Nelson). Cody has pace, and his pace bursting onto Holt''s flicks began to cause some problems. Whether that means Holt deserves a start ahead of Maric I don''t know, but we shouldn''t see Holt and Martin (or Doc and Nelson) start together again.

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."][quote user="hugoagogo"]

[/quote]

you are joking!

It is all opinions but big time charlie Martin did not win a header ,has very little if any pace and does not score goals.

For Martin see a whole list of previous next big things to be produced by NCFC and never gone on to do anything other than trawl the lower or non-leagues trying to earn a quid ref;Ian Henderson,Ryan and Rossi Jarvis,Chris Llewellen,Adrian Coote,Lee power ........the list goes on and on .

We all want our young players to do well but bar Green and maybe Shackell (considering we got 1m)no young players have come through to do anything for us or in truth for anyone else and i am afraid Martin has shown me nothing to make me think that he is any different.

[/quote]

[quote user="hugoagogo"][quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."][quote user="hugoagogo"]

[/quote]

It is all opinions but big time charlie Martin did not win a header ,has very little if any pace and does not score goals.

For Martin see a whole list of previous next big things to be produced by NCFC and never gone on to do anything other than trawl the lower or non-leagues trying to earn a quid ref;Ian Henderson,Ryan and Rossi Jarvis,Chris Llewellen,Adrian Coote,Lee power ........the list goes on and on .

We all want our young players to do well but bar Green and maybe Shackell (considering we got 1m)no young players have come through to do anything for us or in truth for anyone else and i am afraid Martin has shown me nothing to make me think that he is any different.

[/quote][/quote]