Sign in to follow this  
Archie

hartson

accordint to bbc sport he is being tracked by 5 premier clubs for the january window. would of though he is the sort of target man who we may be looking for. personally i wouldnt like to have him,and he''d be upwards of a million i reckon

Stead would be interesting. I''ve a mate whose a big Huddersfield fan and they rated him very highly - apparently we were looking closely at him last season before Blackburn stepped in - then we got Svensson!

Stead was amazing towards the end of last year but hasn''t scored at all this year. I think we''d go for someone a lot more proven on loan rather than Stead.  I would like Matt Janson but Hughes obviously rates him too so I doubt he would go

No chance of getting hartson or sutton.  Blackburn very unlikely to sell anyone as they have got rid of cole and yorke, and replaced them with.. no one.  I wouldn''t want any of their strikers anyway.

otbc

apparantly we were going to get stead in the summer but blackburn got him in the window before anyone else had a chance. he won''t go out on loan, he''s started every game for them and is still a quality player. more like jansen if anyone. would be a great signing. we might aswell use the last loan in january which im sure that we will.

Hartson is in the last year of his contract so would be on a free, hence commanding big wages. The money has got to be on him joining Blackburn with Hughesy, wonder what the odds of a blackburn bellamy hartson strikeforce, with bellars wanting out at newcastle??

I wouldnt want us to sign a big target man - rather have a player with pace and touch who can link well with Hux than a one dimensional target man. Our club will move forward when we get away from the iwan syndrome. Sutton could provide that for us as he is much more than a target man.Stead is in for his ''difficult'' second season - defenders are now aware of his strengths and I cant see him repeating last years impact. There are better options out there than him.OTBC

i think that we should definatly get Hartson, he can''t be worse that Svenson in my opinion plus he''s got lots of experience although it''ll probs cost alot to get him.

ZLF, couldn''t agree with you more Zip. The sooner the club gets away from the theory that you need a target man to play the better.

Sorry Bob, Hartson is not the answer. Worthy has to get out of the mindset that you need a "big bloke" up front to bludgeon a team to death in order to do well. Of the two big men at Celtic I''d take Sutton back because he has a lot more to offer than Hartson does. His goal against Barca the other night in the Champions League was Sutton of old when he wore the Green and Yella of City. However, I don''t think you''ll ever get Sutton. I have a former work colleague that knows him and he''s pretty settled up here in Scotland, so moving back to Norwich looks to be out of the question for the time being.

Bob,

I wouldn''t even suggest that we try to get Sutton back - not that City would be able to.

I don''t believe City need a big striker as it immediately opens up the "big hoof" option which I believe they have to get away from. I''d rather City bought a speedster of the Earnshaw mould. I think I may be in the minority in the forum that believes that.

Morph,

We already have a player thats a bit similar to Robert Earnshaw, that player is Leon Mckenzie, although Worthy never gives him a chance, i dont know why. Mckenzie has brought nothing but positivity when he comes on for the canaries. I''m just saying, if we would need a target man, Hartson wouldn''t be a bad choice, i do like your idea about Chris Sutton, it would be great to have him back playing for us again!!

[quote]Bob, I wouldn''t even suggest that we try to get Sutton back - not that City would be able to. I don''t believe City need a big striker as it immediately opens up the "big hoof" option which I believ...[/quote]

morph

i don''t think you are in the minority, and anyway even if you are, i for one completely agree with you

we must, as you say, get out of this ''target'' man obsession, what other prem clubs want one, or play one?  Don''t tell me WBA!  Do we want to be like them?

I have banned the words "holding the ball up" and "target man" from my household and anyone that now utters those words to me pays money into a swear box!!

Worthy, please, please start us playing proper football or we won''t survive - apparently Doug Livermore said we would be at home at Liverpool as we play pass and move football.   Eh?  

Cannot think of any worthwhile suggestions as to who we should buy as can''t think of anyone we could get for under £3m.  But we must not buy anyone else in the iwan mould............. please?