Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

brighton have 100k accepted for dickenson

As far as I am concerned the rebate issue put ST holders in a situation that the club should never have created: an idiotic idea that anyone with any foresight could see would create friction and bad feeling among supporters were we to be relegated. IMO it is one of the most stupid things they''ve done.

Of course the board is ultimately to blame for where we are, along with the management and the players. But it is still undeniably true that the rebate issue took a large amount of cash out of the club at a time when it badly needed it - which is why the whole idea was so stupidly crap.

Branston,

If it had not been for the ''safety net'' provided by the rebate, it is probable that the club would not have got 18,000 season ticket holders signing up in advance. My guess is that a fair proportion would have hedged their bets and left it late and maybe not at all given recent events. To portray this as money being taken out of the club is misleading.

Also, lets not talk about £1.4M being lost. If Foulger was prepared to give away more (and presumbaly this decision pre-dated the rebate offer) he should be held responsible for his own funds.

The real issue for me is that last year we had a £2.2M cashflow deficit after the benefit of a £3.6M profit from transfers. The underlying position is £5.8M gap before the impact of League 1 status kicks in. We simply dont have enough players of any value left to sell to bridge this gap. Unless we get promoted at the first attempt we are looking like we are in a downward spiral. Net year will be even worse as gate receipts will fal further and there will be nobody that can command a substantial transfer fee.

the rebate issue is dead and gone, those that took it i say had every right to take it back, those that didnt had every right not to , but to say weve been conned because its not gone on the transfer kitty is stupid, read the articles, they said the rebate would go into the player fund,

this means player fund, couldve been wages, more then likely this is where its gone,

have they lied no because it has gone in to the players fund,

Desert Fox, the point is that there''s different ways to look at this; I personally don''t believe there were many who thought of the rebate when they renewed, but we''ll never prove that one way or another. IMO the whole thing was a massive mistake by the club.

People do seem to be mistaking what I have said as ''blaming'' supporters for where we are. That is not the case. It is ultimately the board who have not made enough funds available.

But the issue being discussed was re: transfer funds right now, and whether we like it or not, one ''hole'' in the club''s finances is the rebate itself.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

By Mr WAY49

Well what can I say?  If this story is found to be true, how glad I am that we claimed back our rebates, and how sorry I feel for the fans that trusted the club once again.

I began to smell a rat when we took Bridges on trial, why would you do that if you were genuinely interested in signing Dickenson or Lee?

When is somebody going to ask a) where has the rebate money and Foulger money gone?  and b) how was a new chairman and director appointed to the board when clearly they have not invested in the club?

We are fast becoming even more of a joke, and before anybody says it, yes I know there is still time, but the latest instance of being outbid by Brighton!!!! and all these trialists are a sign of how low we have sunk.

We will give our beloved club this season, but can really take no more.

[/quote] If we are in such dire straits, for those who took a potential £1.3m out of the transfer kitty to now be so high on their horses about things is quite astonishing: it appears that it hasn''t even occurred to you that claiming your rebates has helped create the situation that you are now decrying. Astonishing. Of course, it was all ST holders choice, and a choice we were all free to make it. But could you really not see that the club might struggle in the transfer market as a result?[/quote]

Utter...utter...utter bilge.......

The classic Deliarite sycophant in full flight.........

[quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

By Mr WAY49

Well what can I say?  If this story is found to be true, how glad I am that we claimed back our rebates, and how sorry I feel for the fans that trusted the club once again.

I began to smell a rat when we took Bridges on trial, why would you do that if you were genuinely interested in signing Dickenson or Lee?

When is somebody going to ask a) where has the rebate money and Foulger money gone?  and b) how was a new chairman and director appointed to the board when clearly they have not invested in the club?

We are fast becoming even more of a joke, and before anybody says it, yes I know there is still time, but the latest instance of being outbid by Brighton!!!! and all these trialists are a sign of how low we have sunk.

[/quote] If we are in such dire straits, for those who took a potential £1.3m out of the transfer kitty to now be so high on their horses about things is quite astonishing: it appears that it hasn''t even occurred to you that claiming your rebates has helped create the situation that you are now decrying. Astonishing. Of course, it was all ST holders choice, and a choice we were all free to make it. But could you really not see that the club might struggle in the transfer market as a result?[/quote]

[/quote]

Sighs.  Bugger the rebates crap.  The story is not true.  Brighton have paid around £500k for the man the Derby chairman said would "never play in Derby County colours while I am Chairman" and so he will be delighted that they have offloaded same - £300-350k up front, the rest on hire purchase.

[quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

By Mr WAY49

[/quote]

If you can''t fade the message its always a good tactic to attack the messenger.........

Very weak Cluck, try talking about the issues if you can handle it?

BP is spot on in my opinion.

You can''t support giving less money to Gunn and then complain about the lack of quality.  

Wasn''t that the whole point of "sending a message" ?