Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

When they return, Mousehold & Winterton dunes.....

.........should be their destination a la Ron Saunders.

Toughen them up for the third division.

It won''t happen though.

Nambie pambies.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

It won''t happen though.

Nambie pambies.

OTBC

[/quote]

Absolutely, complete with back packs as well !

Oh god help us, you''ll be running on about the war, rationing and the first time you saw a banana next....

Yer send them to my old stamping ground in Aldershot, and give them Para training, and if that don''t kill them nothing will, these girls blouses couldn''t last 5 minutes on a para assult course,

Now I''m only kidding, no invites for war dances please

[quote user="Herb"]Oh god help us, you''ll be running on about the war, rationing and the first time you saw a banana next....[/quote]

[:D] ha ha , sorry about that Herb, us old uns do grate a bit when we drag the common sense from the past don''t we.? [;)]

[quote user="Gentleman Jim"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

It won''t happen though.

Nambie pambies.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''d like to see them do the "Gasp Up Gas Hill" on Christmas Day . . . [+o(] [Y]

(does that still happen?  it used to be the Norwich equivalent of going swimming at Hunstanton)

It won''t happen though.

Nambie pambies.

OTBC

[/quote]

Like all donkeys they should be teamed up on Yarmouth beach taking kiddies for rides......

It''s an earner... and we apparently need the money.

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="Gentleman Jim"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

It won''t happen though.

Nambie pambies.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''d like to see them do the "Gasp Up Gas Hill" on Christmas Day . . . [+o(] [Y]

(does that still happen?  it used to be the Norwich equivalent of going swimming at Hunstanton)

[/quote]

Ah, Gas Hill. I use to take that hill with consummate ease not so many moons ago.......Well, about 25 years back.

[quote user="Herb"]Oh god help us, you''ll be running on about the war, rationing and the first time you saw a banana next....[/quote]

Herb Give it a rest. There''s plenty, plenty other threads populated by assorted sheep and happy clappies panting and exhaling over the next freebies or other clubs rejects to be signed up. You''d enjoy those posts much more, I''m sure.

OTBC

Herb Give it a rest. There''s plenty, plenty other threads populated by assorted sheep and happy clappies panting and exhaling over the next freebies or other clubs rejects to be signed up. You''d enjoy those posts much more, I''m sure.

OTBC

[/quote]

Well pardon me for a light hearted response.

Nice to see it was taken in the spirit intended and didn''t go right over your head...

WHOOOOOOSH!

"Ken Nethercott/Sandy Kennon; Bryan Thurlow, Ron Ashman; Roy McCrohan, Barry Butler, Matt Crowe; Errol Crossan, Terry Allcock, Terry Bly, Jimmy Hill, Bobby Brennan"

I wonder what that wonderful team cost - related to todays market? I wouldn''t mind betting that given the dire state of the club shortly before that cup run, those guys were assembled on the cheap. So now we are back to ''square one'' but before we write the new signings off as ''rejects'' how about we see what happens first? Why we are where we are is another matter entirely, whose fault it is, is another matter, it IS depressing seeing what we have become but the future starts here. Recent years do not inspire much confidence if we dwell on it but I have a feeling that real change and gettting back to basics is happening and that is good.

By all means resurrect thread and this blatant and frowned on burst of optimism if we are in the bottom half by April or not promoted by May 2010. I will admit I am wrong then!!!!!

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote] Well pardon me for a light hearted response. Nice to see it was taken in the spirit intended and didn''t go right over your head... WHOOOOOOSH![/quote]

Well, whoooooooooosh indeed. Unless you''re double-dealing me!. Now you wouldn''t do that to me would you Herb?

Whhhhooooosssshhhhh?

[:D]

OTBC

[quote user="IllawarraCanary"]

"Ken Nethercott/Sandy Kennon; Bryan Thurlow, Ron Ashman; Roy McCrohan, Barry Butler, Matt Crowe; Errol Crossan, Terry Allcock, Terry Bly, Jimmy Hill, Bobby Brennan"

I wonder what that wonderful team cost - related to todays market? I wouldn''t mind betting that given the dire state of the club shortly before that cup run, those guys were assembled on the cheap. So now we are back to ''square one'' but before we write the new signings off as ''rejects'' how about we see what happens first? Why we are where we are is another matter entirely, whose fault it is, is another matter, it IS depressing seeing what we have become but the future starts here. Recent years do not inspire much confidence if we dwell on it but I have a feeling that real change and gettting back to basics is happening and that is good.

By all means resurrect thread and this blatant and frowned on burst of optimism if we are in the bottom half by April or not promoted by May 2010. I will admit I am wrong then!!!!!

[/quote]

You''d better hope that Gunn is an Archie Macaulay!

I wonder what the odds are on that?

OTBC

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Afraid its been scientifically proven BBB that long hard runs are not that beneficial to footballers. Maybe marathon runners but a footballer on average only covers 7metres per sprint.[/quote]

Ah! But did you know that Winterton involved multiple short sprints up and down the sand dunes - ideal preperation forthe likes of Carlisle and Orient away in February one suspects!!!

OTBC

[quote user="IllawarraCanary"]

I wonder what that wonderful team cost - related to todays market?

[/quote]

Since you ask, it was about £34,000 as far as I can tell.

Butler  £5,000, Crossan £6,000, Hill £8,000 and Brennan £15,000, (we made £22,000 profit when we sold Hill)

Thurlow and Bly came from local clubs, Nethercott and Ashman freshly demobbed, McCrohan player exchange and I believe Butler and Crowe were free because of injury problems.

[quote user="Gentleman Jim"][quote user="IllawarraCanary"]

I wonder what that wonderful team cost - related to todays market?

[/quote]

Since you ask, it was about £34,000 as far as I can tell.

Butler  £5,000, Crossan £6,000, Hill £8,000 and Brennan £15,000, (we made £22,000 profit when we sold Hill)

Thurlow and Bly came from local clubs, Nethercott and Ashman freshly demobbed, McCrohan player exchange and I believe Butler and Crowe were free because of injury problems.

[/quote]

My old father used to work with Bobby Brennan at Reliance Motors in Heigham Street. He combined his football career with selling Dodge trucks and cattle floats.....

They were proper footballers... not the highly paid fancy dans who disgrace our colours these days......

[quote user="Fernando Derveld"]If you don''t have anything to say.

Then say what you have with more pomposity.

But still.

One love..

[/quote]

And if you don''t have anything to say on the field you get an entry like this in Wikipedia - and then beg people to write pigeon English in the hope that you can understand them better

Fernando Albert Derveld (born 22 October 1976 in Vlissingen, Zeeland) is a Dutch professional footballer who currently has no club. Until recently he played for FC Dordrecht in Netherlands. He is a left-back.

He had a trial with English club Norwich City F.C. in early 2000, though the then City manager Bruce Rioch declined to offer him a contract. Rioch''s successor at Norwich - Bryan Hamilton - did give him a contract when he took over towards the end of the 1999-00 season.

In total, Derveld played 25 games for Norwich, scoring one goal in a 3-2 win at West Bromwich Albion. He struggled to find form and was not held in high esteem by City supporters. When Hamilton left the club in late 2000, his successor - Nigel Worthington - made it clear that Derveld did not figure in his plans, and after a loan spell at West Bromwich Albion, his contract with Norwich was terminated in the summer of 2001.

But still, from that King of Pomposity Bob Marley -

One love.

OTBC

[quote user="Fernando Derveld"]If you don''t have anything to say.

Then say what you have with more pomposity.

But still.

One love..

[/quote]

And if you don''t have anything to say on the field you get an entry like this in Wikipedia - and then beg people to write pigeon English in the hope that you can understand them better

Fernando Albert Derveld (born 22 October 1976 in Vlissingen, Zeeland) is a Dutch professional footballer who currently has no club. Until recently he played for FC Dordrecht in Netherlands. He is a left-back.

He had a trial with English club Norwich City F.C. in early 2000, though the then City manager Bruce Rioch declined to offer him a contract. Rioch''s successor at Norwich - Bryan Hamilton - did give him a contract when he took over towards the end of the 1999-00 season.

In total, Derveld played 25 games for Norwich, scoring one goal in a 3-2 win at West Bromwich Albion. He struggled to find form and was not held in high esteem by City supporters. When Hamilton left the club in late 2000, his successor - Nigel Worthington - made it clear that Derveld did not figure in his plans, and after a loan spell at West Bromwich Albion, his contract with Norwich was terminated in the summer of 2001.

But still, from that King of Pomposity Bob Marley -

One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

That''s not the real Fernando Derveld you are talking to bbb, it''s just a normal guy using his name as a username. It''s a bit like me not really being Mustachio Furioso...