Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Where is our believe?

That''s my view... take it or leave it.

Norwich born and bred.... the club is part of my birthright along with the Catherdral... the Castle... the Broads... the magnificent coastline and everything else which makes Norfolk and the city so special.

Get the club back in the hands of the grassroot supporter and suddenly not being in the Premiership will become largely irrelevant. It''s not just about success for the purist.... it''s about returning to what we were for close on a hundred years before Smith arrived.... a football club first and last and an integral part of what makes us Norwich.

[quote user="St. Cluck"]

Norwich born and bred.... the club is part of my birthright along with the Catherdral... the Castle... the Broads... the magnificent coastline and everything else which makes Norfolk and the city so special.

Get the club back in the hands of the grassroot supporter and suddenly not being in the Premiership will become largely irrelevant. It''s not just about success for the purist.... it''s about returning to what we were for close on a hundred years before Smith arrived.... a football club first and last and an integral part of what makes us Norwich.

[/quote]

A a a a a a a men.

A a a aa a a men

Amen

Amen

Amen

Amen.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="St. Cluck"]

[/quote]

A a a a a a a men.

A a a aa a a men

Amen

Amen

Amen

Amen.

OTBC

[/quote]

It''s hardly our fault if we''re true thoroughbreds is it Bly?  There really is far more to being a Norwich City fan than buying a season ticket and wearing a replica shirt........

What we possess cannot be bought.....

[quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="St. Cluck"]

[/quote]

A a a a a a a men.

A a a aa a a men

Amen

Amen

Amen

Amen.

OTBC

[/quote]

It''s hardly our fault if we''re true thoroughbreds is it Bly?  There really is far more to being a Norwich City fan than buying a season ticket and wearing a replica shirt........

[/quote]

Yep, never had a season ticket, never had a replica shirt, never been to the restaurant, and never sat in the director''s box. 

But I do have 4 shares - and a team photograph signed by the 1958-59 players.[:D]

OTBC

[quote user="St. Cluck"]

[/quote]

here we go again, i`m more of a fan than you bla bla bla   [|-)]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="St. Cluck"]

[/quote]

A a a a a a a men.

A a a aa a a men

Amen

Amen

Amen

Amen.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yep, never had a season ticket, never had a replica shirt, never been to the restaurant, and never sat in the director''s box. 

But I do have 4 shares - and a team photograph signed by the 1958-59 players.[:D]

OTBC

[/quote]

And a huge chip on your shoulder......

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="St. Cluck"]

[/quote]

A a a a a a a men.

A a a aa a a men

Amen

Amen

Amen

Amen.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

he`s a well balanced individual he`s got a huge chip on each shoulder [:D][:D]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

Why are so many fans so accepting of out current plight and just shrug their shoulders,tut and say ''well face it we are a small club''?.

IM SICK OF IT, STOP THE DUMBING DOWN OF OUR EXPECTATIONS AND THATS GIVE OUR CLUB SOME BACKBONE.

No more happy clappers, lets make OUR club hard, Carrow Road a fortress, and the Board hell this Season!

[/quote]

Good point and well made, but I simply cant back a manager with Gunns portfolio. It wouldnt be fair to the fans. You cant make the club hard with Gunn at the helm.

[quote user="St. Cluck"]

[/quote]

St Cluck: The only Norwich fan who doesnt want his team to succeed. I will always be a Norwich fane but I wont stand for failure, and I wont stand for seeing loyal supporters not having a voice.

[quote user="LEGION"][quote user="St. Cluck"]

[/quote]

St Cluck: The only Norwich fan who doesnt want his team to succeed. I will always be a Norwich fane but I wont stand for failure, and I wont stand for seeing loyal supporters not having a voice.

[/quote]

Loser.......

You haven''t get a clue what being a Norwich City fan is. To some of us a bunch of footballers wearing yellow shirts doesn''t mean a thing. It goes much deeper than that if you are concerned about tradition... but then most of you are weaned on Delia''s milk.

Norwich City the club isn''t failing... but the clowns who run it and the supporters who are paying to watch it die are.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="St. Cluck"]

[/quote]

A a a a a a a men.

A a a aa a a men

Amen

Amen

Amen

Amen.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Now quite what is this chjp you have claim to have uncovered?

Maybe,  looking at the obvious from above, you''re talking about my never having sat in the directors box? Yes, I''m raging about that, simply raging - dear oh dear.

The chip I have, which is huge, nay humongous, is that Delia Smith has taken the club of  South, Watling, Chase, and the good people of Norfolk, and turned it into a soft touch whilst locking into a holding pattern of perpetual failure and prescribing specious morality requirements for the ownership thereof.

OTBC

[quote user="pennywise "][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="St. Cluck"]

[/quote]

A a a a a a a men.

A a a aa a a men

Amen

Amen

Amen

Amen.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

he`s a well balanced individual he`s got a huge chip on each shoulder [:D][:D]

[/quote]

Stale.

OTBC

[quote user="Arthur Whittle OBE"]

Why are so many fans so accepting of out current plight and just shrug their shoulders,tut and say ''well face it we are a small club''?.

IM SICK OF IT, STOP THE DUMBING DOWN OF OUR EXPECTATIONS AND THATS GIVE OUR CLUB SOME BACKBONE.

No more happy clappers, lets make OUR club hard, Carrow Road a fortress, and the Board hell this Season!

[/quote]I''m with you so far.  Now tell us how we shall go about achieving that, Arthur?

[quote user="St. Cluck"]

[/quote]Arrogant rubbish.   The club is a self-run business, it is nothing like the castle/cathedral.  Next you''ll be telling me you expect part ownership of Thorns DIY shop or Jarrolds because they''re both local businesses too.

[quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="LEGION"][quote user="St. Cluck"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Loser.......

You haven''t get a clue what being a Norwich City fan is. To some of us a bunch of footballers wearing yellow shirts doesn''t mean a thing. It goes much deeper than that if you are concerned about tradition... but then most of you are weaned on Delia''s milk.

Norwich City the club isn''t failing... but the clowns who run it and the supporters who are paying to watch it die are.

[/quote]

instead of wasting time typing out a post you could copy and paste a few lines from mein kampf ,there both the ramblings of a lunatic   [:D]

[quote user="pennywise "][quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="LEGION"][quote user="St. Cluck"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Loser.......

[/quote]

instead of wasting time typing out a post you could copy and paste a few lines from mein kampf ,there both the ramblings of a lunatic   [:D]

[/quote]

Poor lost soul.

OTBC

A very interesting thread because it highlights very clearly the divisions that exist amongst certain sections of the fans (or at least those who post on here).There seems to be a hankering for the far-off days when, apparently, all was well and the club ''belonged'' to its supporters.Well, forgive me if you remember further back than me but I first started supporting NCFC as an 8 year old in 1959 during the Cup Run when my Dad used to disappear on the coach to exotic trips to places like Luton and the City was a sea of yellow and green....The thing is, social conditions were different then. Nobody ever dreamed that they owned the club or could have any say in how it was run. If you saw one of the directors, puffing a fat cigar and attired in a fur coat (courtesy of Sir Arthur South''s shop- Brahams Furrier) you were more likely to touch your forelock than believe you had a right to ask them what the hell they were doing with the club- and if you had done, you would more than likely have been given a clip round the ear from a bobby for being cheeky!Nobody actually gave the ordinary fan any consideration. We stood, in the open, on crumbling concrete steps, packed in like sardines fortified only by the man selling sweets from a tray round his neck. If you needed to relieve yourself, you queued for ever to do so in a stinking, uncovered, shed with an open drain.Yes, we loved going to the footy- of course we did, it was our team and our heritage and it was what we did (as a family) on Saturday- but there were just as many grumbles on the terraces then as there are now. If I had an (old) penny for every time I''ve heard players described as ''caartosses'' or the manager as ''f***ing clueless'' I''d be a rich man.Where there was a major difference is the closeness to the players. Their earnings were not so far removed from ours and, after the match, fans and players alike would congregate in the Mustard Pot (rather than a VIP lounge) for a pint and to talk about the game. Players like Graham Paddon or Duncan Forbes would quite happily discuss their and the team''s strengths and weaknesses and take the stick if, say, they had missed a penalty.The point of this ramble is that, really, if things have changed, they have, largely, changed for the better. Whoever owns the club now feels that they have to take some account of the fans'' views and provide decent amenities for them- they didn''t in the ''old days''! The fact is that the club never ''belonged'' to the fans and probably never will. In its crudest terms it is an entertainment and leisure business belonging to its shareholders that will seek to retain and satisfy its customers as far as it can whilst attempting (!) to maximise returns. On these criteria, the real problem with the current regime is that they have failed both targets and should recognise this and cede control to owners or, at least, Directors, who can.Let''s be quite clear about this, though, whoever ultimately owns the club will not be running it for your benefit or mine so don''t assume a change of ownership is the panacea for all ills!

And these kids wonder why they are marginalised and disliked by their "elders and betters".......

You''ll also come to understand that age brings with it a certain level of superior thinking... or to put it in a more easily understood way..... inane child-like barracking is a total waste of time.

Save it for the playground ''cos it sure ain''t gonna touch me. I eat silly little kids like you lot for breakfast.....

[quote user="Yelverton Yella"]A very interesting thread because it highlights very clearly the divisions that exist amongst certain sections of the fans (or at least those who post on here).

There seems to be a hankering for the far-off days when, apparently, all was well and the club ''belonged'' to its supporters.

Well, forgive me if you remember further back than me but I first started supporting NCFC as an 8 year old in 1959 during the Cup Run when my Dad used to disappear on the coach to exotic trips to places like Luton and the City was a sea of yellow and green....

The thing is, social conditions were different then. Nobody ever dreamed that they owned the club or could have any say in how it was run. If you saw one of the directors, puffing a fat cigar and attired in a fur coat (courtesy of Sir Arthur South''s shop- Brahams Furrier) you were more likely to touch your forelock than believe you had a right to ask them what the hell they were doing with the club- and if you had done, you would more than likely have been given a clip round the ear from a bobby for being cheeky!

Nobody actually gave the ordinary fan any consideration. We stood, in the open, on crumbling concrete steps, packed in like sardines fortified only by the man selling sweets from a tray round his neck. If you needed to relieve yourself, you queued for ever to do so in a stinking, uncovered, shed with an open drain.

Yes, we loved going to the footy- of course we did, it was our team and our heritage and it was what we did (as a family) on Saturday- but there were just as many grumbles on the terraces then as there are now. If I had an (old) penny for every time I''ve heard players described as ''caartosses'' or the manager as ''f***ing clueless'' I''d be a rich man.

Where there was a major difference is the closeness to the players. Their earnings were not so far removed from ours and, after the match, fans and players alike would congregate in the Mustard Pot (rather than a VIP lounge) for a pint and to talk about the game. Players like Graham Paddon or Duncan Forbes would quite happily discuss their and the team''s strengths and weaknesses and take the stick if, say, they had missed a penalty.

The point of this ramble is that, really, if things have changed, they have, largely, changed for the better. Whoever owns the club now feels that they have to take some account of the fans'' views and provide decent amenities for them- they didn''t in the ''old days''!

The fact is that the club never ''belonged'' to the fans and probably never will. In its crudest terms it is an entertainment and leisure business belonging to its shareholders that will seek to retain and satisfy its customers as far as it can whilst attempting (!) to maximise returns. On these criteria, the real problem with the current regime is that they have failed both targets and should recognise this and cede control to owners or, at least, Directors, who can.

Let''s be quite clear about this, though, whoever ultimately owns the club will not be running it for your benefit or mine so don''t assume a change of ownership is the panacea for all ills!
[/quote]

And how do you figure into your scenario ordinary fans through the vibrant Norwich City Supporters Club regularly making contributions of 20,000, 30,000 pounds to help finance the club? Even 40,000 pounds on one occasion to ''buy'' David Cross if memory serves me right. Or blankets around the pitch at halftime to collect the coins that helped to save the club from bankruptcy?

No. I don''t think we kowtowed to the board members, I don''t think we were ''never given any consideration'' - the facilities were a general reflection of the straightened postwar times, not far removed from the days of food rationing, national service and the birth of the national health service.

No, there was goodwill and camaradie generally amongst all parties. And far less stratification than in todays more egalitarian times (or so we''re told).

[B]

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="Yelverton Yella"]A very interesting thread because it highlights very clearly the divisions that exist amongst certain sections of the fans (or at least those who post on here).

There seems to be a hankering for the far-off days when, apparently, all was well and the club ''belonged'' to its supporters.

Well, forgive me if you remember further back than me but I first started supporting NCFC as an 8 year old in 1959 during the Cup Run when my Dad used to disappear on the coach to exotic trips to places like Luton and the City was a sea of yellow and green....

The thing is, social conditions were different then. Nobody ever dreamed that they owned the club or could have any say in how it was run. If you saw one of the directors, puffing a fat cigar and attired in a fur coat (courtesy of Sir Arthur South''s shop- Brahams Furrier) you were more likely to touch your forelock than believe you had a right to ask them what the hell they were doing with the club- and if you had done, you would more than likely have been given a clip round the ear from a bobby for being cheeky!

Nobody actually gave the ordinary fan any consideration. We stood, in the open, on crumbling concrete steps, packed in like sardines fortified only by the man selling sweets from a tray round his neck. If you needed to relieve yourself, you queued for ever to do so in a stinking, uncovered, shed with an open drain.

Yes, we loved going to the footy- of course we did, it was our team and our heritage and it was what we did (as a family) on Saturday- but there were just as many grumbles on the terraces then as there are now. If I had an (old) penny for every time I''ve heard players described as ''caartosses'' or the manager as ''f***ing clueless'' I''d be a rich man.

Where there was a major difference is the closeness to the players. Their earnings were not so far removed from ours and, after the match, fans and players alike would congregate in the Mustard Pot (rather than a VIP lounge) for a pint and to talk about the game. Players like Graham Paddon or Duncan Forbes would quite happily discuss their and the team''s strengths and weaknesses and take the stick if, say, they had missed a penalty.

The point of this ramble is that, really, if things have changed, they have, largely, changed for the better. Whoever owns the club now feels that they have to take some account of the fans'' views and provide decent amenities for them- they didn''t in the ''old days''!

The fact is that the club never ''belonged'' to the fans and probably never will. In its crudest terms it is an entertainment and leisure business belonging to its shareholders that will seek to retain and satisfy its customers as far as it can whilst attempting (!) to maximise returns. On these criteria, the real problem with the current regime is that they have failed both targets and should recognise this and cede control to owners or, at least, Directors, who can.

Let''s be quite clear about this, though, whoever ultimately owns the club will not be running it for your benefit or mine so don''t assume a change of ownership is the panacea for all ills!
[/quote]

And how do you figure into your scenario ordinary fans through the vibrant Norwich City Supporters Club regularly making contributions of 20,000, 30,000 pounds to help finance the club? Even 40,000 pounds on one occasion to ''buy'' David Cross if memory serves me right. Or blankets around the pitch at halftime to collect the coins that helped to save the club from bankruptcy?

No. I don''t think we kowtowed to the board members, I don''t think we were ''never given any consideration'' - the facilities were a general reflection of the straightened postwar times, not far removed from the days of food rationing, national service and the birth of the national health service.

No, there was goodwill and camaradie generally amongst all parties. And far less stratification than in todays more egalitarian times (or so we''re told).

[B]

OTBC

[/quote]

Back then the spirit of club belonged to the City and County of Norfolk as a whole.... It was never Geoffrey Watling''s Norwich City... nor Arthur South''s Norwich City.... nor Robert Chase''s Norwich City. However ... now it is widely viewed as being Delia Smith''s Norwich City. The fan''s only notice who owns the bricks and mortar of the club these days because it is very clear they feel disenfranchised.

Success was never the big goal at the club and while there was of course moaning among supporters... a good cup run was enough to please the majority. Moaning about your teams performance remains one of the pleasures of the game.... and it goes on up and down the country to this day. It''s little more than a release.

I''m proud that I enjoyed those simple days when NCFC was an integral part of the City and it''s population.... and but for the intervention of a tv celebrity it may have remained that way.... just as it has at many other clubs including Ipswich Town. They haven''t lost their soul....and tradition still plays a big part of their thinking. Nowadays it seems that Norwich fans are not allowed to hark back to those exciting pre-Delia days.... almost a kind of creationism where the club only came into existence 12 years ago...... I don''t buy that.

To the purist NCFC is not just a football club... it is part of their DNA. Many of the younger and geographically distant modern day "followers" can never begin to understand this.... which really is their loss....not mine.

The spirit of the club will always belong to it''s supporters... not it''s shareholders. Without them the club would still exist in one form or another. Without the supporters it is dead. There simply is no argument.

[quote user="St. Cluck"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="Yelverton Yella"]A very interesting thread because it highlights very clearly the divisions that exist amongst certain sections of the fans (or at least those who post on here).There seems to be a hankering for the far-off days when, apparently, all was well and the club ''belonged'' to its supporters.Well, forgive me if you remember further back than me but I first started supporting NCFC as an 8 year old in 1959 during the Cup Run when my Dad used to disappear on the coach to exotic trips to places like Luton and the City was a sea of yellow and green....The thing is, social conditions were different then. Nobody ever dreamed that they owned the club or could have any say in how it was run. If you saw one of the directors, puffing a fat cigar and attired in a fur coat (courtesy of Sir Arthur South''s shop- Brahams Furrier) you were more likely to touch your forelock than believe you had a right to ask them what the hell they were doing with the club- and if you had done, you would more than likely have been given a clip round the ear from a bobby for being cheeky!Nobody actually gave the ordinary fan any consideration. We stood, in the open, on crumbling concrete steps, packed in like sardines fortified only by the man selling sweets from a tray round his neck. If you needed to relieve yourself, you queued for ever to do so in a stinking, uncovered, shed with an open drain.Yes, we loved going to the footy- of course we did, it was our team and our heritage and it was what we did (as a family) on Saturday- but there were just as many grumbles on the terraces then as there are now. If I had an (old) penny for every time I''ve heard players described as ''caartosses'' or the manager as ''f***ing clueless'' I''d be a rich man.Where there was a major difference is the closeness to the players. Their earnings were not so far removed from ours and, after the match, fans and players alike would congregate in the Mustard Pot (rather than a VIP lounge) for a pint and to talk about the game. Players like Graham Paddon or Duncan Forbes would quite happily discuss their and the team''s strengths and weaknesses and take the stick if, say, they had missed a penalty.The point of this ramble is that, really, if things have changed, they have, largely, changed for the better. Whoever owns the club now feels that they have to take some account of the fans'' views and provide decent amenities for them- they didn''t in the ''old days''! The fact is that the club never ''belonged'' to the fans and probably never will. In its crudest terms it is an entertainment and leisure business belonging to its shareholders that will seek to retain and satisfy its customers as far as it can whilst attempting (!) to maximise returns. On these criteria, the real problem with the current regime is that they have failed both targets and should recognise this and cede control to owners or, at least, Directors, who can.Let''s be quite clear about this, though, whoever ultimately owns the club will not be running it for your benefit or mine so don''t assume a change of ownership is the panacea for all ills![/quote]

[B]

OTBC

[/quote]

Back then the spirit of club belonged to the City and County of Norfolk as a whole.... It was never Geoffrey Watling''s Norwich City... nor Arthur South''s Norwich City.... nor Robert Chase''s Norwich City. However ... now it is widely viewed as being Delia Smith''s Norwich City. The fan''s only notice who owns the bricks and mortar of the club these days because it is very clear they feel disenfranchised.

Success was never the big goal at the club and while there was of course moaning among supporters... a good cup run was enough to please the majority. Moaning about your teams performance remains one of the pleasures of the game.... and it goes on up and down the country to this day. It''s little more than a release.

I''m proud that I enjoyed those simple days when NCFC was an integral part of the City and it''s population.... and but for the intervention of a tv celebrity it may have remained that way.... just as it has at many other clubs including Ipswich Town. They haven''t lost their soul....and tradition still plays a big part of their thinking. Nowadays it seems that Norwich fans are not allowed to hark back to those exciting pre-Delia days.... almost a kind of creationism where the club only came into existence 12 years ago...... I don''t buy that.

To the purist NCFC is not just a football club... it is part of their DNA. Many of the younger and geographically distant modern day "followers" can never begin to understand this.... which really is their loss....not mine.

The spirit of the club will always belong to it''s supporters... not it''s shareholders. Without them the club would still exist in one form or another. Without the supporters it is dead. There simply is no argument.

[/quote]

Very good post, Cluck.

The walk down Riverside Road for an evening game, joining the workers as they left Boulton and Paul and LSE, from the other way the Reckit and Colmans factory.

All added to the atmosphere of anticipation and excitement.

We walked together,stood together, laughed and cried together.

Left the match at the end and walked away chatting to supporters either ours or theirs, didn''t matter, no hassle.

Now it all seems plastic and false.

Totally estranged from OUR club.

Yes DS is to blame but so in a way is so called progress!

[quote user="The Butler"]

The walk down Riverside Road for an evening game, joining the workers as they left Boulton and Paul and LSE, from the other way the Reckit and Colmans factory.

Left the match at the end and walked away chatting to supporters either ours or theirs, didn''t matter, no hassle.

[/quote]I''m sorry but I still think that rose (or green and yellow) tinted spectacles are being employed here. Yes, fans threw coins in the blanket and contributed through various lotteries, draws, socials etc. but those were desperate times and I wouldn''t mind betting that, if the bailiffs were at the door today, there would be those who would respond accordingly- in fact, you could say the share issue was the modern day equivalent of chucking coins in a blanket.The heyday of the supporter''s social club was at the time when most organisations had clubs of their own (Colmans, Mackintoshes et al) and alternative entertainment and personal transport was limited and I don''t think the gradual dying out of these can be laid at the door of the current NCFC regime- it''s just social change and ''progress''.Looking back, yes, the atmosphere does seem great but it is also true that we were young and experiencing these things for the first time- who''s to say that my kids don''t feel the same way now when they walk from County Hall car park or along Riverside to the ground?The fact is that there were dire days back then just as there are now with miserable goalless draws fought out while the rain steadily soaked through your mac and the wind cut through the terraces like a knife. Yes, of course there were the good days too- beating Chelsea- Osgood and all- twice (after the first match was abandoned because of fog!) amd many more but there was also the terrifying violence with, for instance, the Northampton fans running amok through the River End hurling half bricks at all and sundry. It was by no means all sweetness and light!Society has changed, all seater stadia are compulsory and the modern fan would not put up with the ''facilities'' that we did. Inevitably, the atmosphere is different- 25,000 in an all-seater stadium does not compare with 35,000 standing pressed against each other- and all the pre-match forced jollity does have a plastic feel to it but to blame the change of atmosphere entirely on the current owners is ridiculously one-eyed just as it would be if I said you could trace all the ills back to Archie McCauley, Robert Chase, John Bond or whoever you want to pick as your favourite scapegoat.I absolutely respect people''s memories and have a bag full of my own but we have to come to terms with the present day and try to help fashion new traditions in the 21st century and perpetuating myths of times long gone is not the right way of going about it. I have already said, many times, the present regime have had their day and I would love to see a new owner but, until that time comes, I shall, as ever, support the team to the utmost and try not to fall victim to believing that all was right in the ''good old days'' or that those days can, for better or worse, ever return...

In those "olden days" the team wasn''t "great" in terms of footballing ability... but the players were part of the "whole". We had a Board made up of largely local business folk who had their roots in the City and County... a vibrant and vocal crowd who had their roots in the City and County...and players who lived just like the rest of us in modest homes and on modest wages.... This scenario still very much exists around the country today... and is not necessarily a by-gone situation.....

I have no trouble with the modern world .... but like old songs... just because they are old it doesn''t make them any the less valid. Many a new song... and a new group (band) is anything but new....and is infact just a re-hash of what has gone before. 

It''s just "old fashioned" to be principled as a person these days .... which is very sad indeed.

[quote user="JuanVelasco"]

I think you mean "Belief"

[/quote]

Hello Ryan mate. I noticed my bad spelling after i posted, never been a strong point....[:$] But i can tell you every capital city in the world..[:D]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

I''m sitting here, fairly bored and counting down the minutes until 5.00, staring out of my office window on July 15th and fail to see what I can really do to change our ''current plight''. What do you reckon we should do Arthur? Can we really make any changes?

Hope you''re well mate. Don''t disappear for more than a few days again, you know what happened last time [;)]

[/quote]

I''ve only just scrolled back this thread so my apoligise. I''m very well apart from the headache as you no doubt know. I trust you and yours are?

I dont think we can change much but i believe the mentality of the supporters can change and in doing so could change the mindset of the Board.   

[quote user="St. Cluck"]

In those "olden days" the team wasn''t "great" in terms of footballing ability... but the players were part of the "whole". We had a Board made up of largely local business folk who had their roots in the City and County... a vibrant and vocal crowd who had their roots in the City and County...and players who lived just like the rest of us in modest homes and on modest wages.... This scenario still very much exists around the country today... and is not necessarily a by-gone situation.....

I have no trouble with the modern world .... but like old songs... just because they are old it doesn''t make them any the less valid. Many a new song... and a new group (band) is anything but new....and is infact just a re-hash of what has gone before. 

It''s just "old fashioned" to be principled as a person these days .... which is very sad indeed.

[/quote]

I agree with every word you say Cluck.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

Great days indeed. I was at Boulton and Paul for many years and loved it on a  Saturday home game. Straight out of the gates and straight into the Malsters for a pre game warm up!