Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

anyone gone to scotland?

our fine airport? well i suppose it isn''t very busy, but the only time i flew from there, it was to Dublin, which they don''t do anymore, the flight was delayed by a hour and a half, for no reson what so ever.....

Anyway, i don''t think its really worth going all the way up there, to watch a couple of friendlies, i suppose if you have the time and money, you might as well, but i have the time and money (well sort of) and have never even thought about it, i don''t think i will bother with any of the friendly''s this year.

[quote user="glove1"]

any fans gone or going to scotland?? not a bad trip considering there are daily flights to both edinburgh and aberdeen from our fine airport. 

i know a few who are flying to edinburgh today - raith isnt too far from edinburgh.

[/quote]

RAITH????!!!!???? There''s no such place as Raith! Raith Rovers play in Kirkcaldy in Fife. Brings back memories of the English commentator who, after a good result for Rovers exclaimed, "They''ll be dancing in the streets of Raith tonight!"

Anyway rant over, as a Scotsman myself I intend to go to at least one of the games (probably Saturday on Airdrie) so if anyone wants to meet up for a pint let me know (not in Airdrie though cos it''s a sh*thole!) [:D]

[quote user="canaryjock"][quote user="glove1"]

any fans gone or going to scotland?? not a bad trip considering there are daily flights to both edinburgh and aberdeen from our fine airport. 

i know a few who are flying to edinburgh today - raith isnt too far from edinburgh.

[/quote]

RAITH????!!!!???? There''s no such place as Raith! Raith Rovers play in Kirkcaldy in Fife. Brings back memories of the English commentator who, after a good result for Rovers exclaimed, "They''ll be dancing in the streets of Raith tonight!"

Anyway rant over, as a Scotsman myself I intend to go to at least one of the games (probably Saturday on Airdrie) so if anyone wants to meet up for a pint let me know (not in Airdrie though cos it''s a sh*thole!) [:D]

[/quote]So we''ve established you can''t go to Raith due to it being non existant but how do you get on Airdrie as in "Saturday on Airdrie"?Oh the irony of correcting people.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="canaryjock"][quote user="glove1"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So we''ve established you can''t go to Raith due to it being non existant but how do you get on Airdrie as in "Saturday on Airdrie"?

Oh the irony of correcting people.
[/quote]

Yes I noticed that but the lack of an editing option meant I couldn''t change the blasted thing. [:)]

Point taken, but let me assure you, you certainly don''t want to be "in" Airdrie either - not a hugely pleasant place.

[quote user="canaryjock"][quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="canaryjock"][quote user="glove1"]

[/quote]

[/quote]So we''ve established you can''t go to Raith due to it being non existant but how do you get on Airdrie as in "Saturday on Airdrie"?Oh the irony of correcting people.[/quote]

Yes I noticed that but the lack of an editing option meant I couldn''t change the blasted thing. [:)]

Point taken, but let me assure you, you certainly don''t want to be "in" Airdrie either - not a hugely pleasant place.

[/quote]it''s a dreadful dreadful place - it''s my home town.If there any Canaries going then please just be careful - the local mugs/hooligans ''Section B'' are sneaky vile inadequates. You may not think that there will be any reason to kick off and in reality there isn''t - to them this will be a low police presence game against ''the English''. So just be careful and if you see anyone drinking Buckfast...........just run.

Is Airdrie any worse than Govan in the late 70''s as I stayed there a few times with relatives? Govan was the birthplace of my late Dad and where he lived until he joined the army at the begining of the 2nd world war. He ended up in London after the war and then Norfolk in the early 60''s. He loved living in Norfolk and made it his home until he died. I''m Norfolk born but visited Govan and the rest of Glasgow many times.

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]Is Airdrie any worse than Govan in the late 70''s as I stayed there a few times with relatives? Govan was the birthplace of my late Dad and where he lived until he joined the army at the begining of the 2nd world war. He ended up in London after the war and then Norfolk in the early 60''s. He loved living in Norfolk and made it his home until he died.
I''m Norfolk born but visited Govan and the rest of Glasgow many times.
[/quote]

Airdrie is a wee town which has a large proportion of local authority housing and is known for having a lot of Buckfast swilling neds (or chavs as you would perhaps call them [;)]) - perhaps scaremongering a wee bit though because it''s hardly Beirut but I wouldn''t go on a night out there. Known for being a ''Rangers town'' unlike it''s equally unattractive neighbour Coatbridge which is a ''Celtic town''.

In comparison to Govan, I would say that Airdrie''s probably a nicer place because it does have some nice areas whereas Govan is pretty much all old fashioned tenements and council housing but as I mentioned, as long as folk don''t go to Airdrie with a ''come on then'' attitude, I certainly don''t foresee any problems. I''m going anyway.

Incidentally, for those who are going, our fans are to be situated in sections A & B in the Main Stand and should access via turnstiles 1 - 4 (according to the official Airdrie United website).

[quote user="canaryjock"]

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]Is Airdrie any worse than Govan in the late 70''s as I stayed there a few times with relatives? Govan was the birthplace of my late Dad and where he lived until he joined the army at the begining of the 2nd world war. He ended up in London after the war and then Norfolk in the early 60''s. He loved living in Norfolk and made it his home until he died. I''m Norfolk born but visited Govan and the rest of Glasgow many times.[/quote]

Airdrie is a wee town which has a large proportion of local authority housing and is known for having a lot of Buckfast swilling neds (or chavs as you would perhaps call them [;)]) - perhaps scaremongering a wee bit though because it''s hardly Beirut but I wouldn''t go on a night out there. Known for being a ''Rangers town'' unlike it''s equally unattractive neighbour Coatbridge which is a ''Celtic town''.

In comparison to Govan, I would say that Airdrie''s probably a nicer place because it does have some nice areas whereas Govan is pretty much all old fashioned tenements and council housing but as I mentioned, as long as folk don''t go to Airdrie with a ''come on then'' attitude, I certainly don''t foresee any problems. I''m going anyway.

[/quote]to get into a nightclub in Airdrie there''s a minimum 3 facial scar door policy.

[quote user="canaryjock"][quote user="glove1"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

okay for those jocks who have got the hump let me rephrase..... RAITH ROVERS DO NOT PLAY TOO FAR FROM EDINBURGH!!!!!!  better??? lol

heading to Edinburgh next week........too late for any type of football.........do I need to take my England Rugby sticker out of my car and hide my brown wife?? slightly worried now!

[quote user="canaryjock"]

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]Is Airdrie any worse than Govan in the late 70''s as I stayed there a few times with relatives? Govan was the birthplace of my late Dad and where he lived until he joined the army at the begining of the 2nd world war. He ended up in London after the war and then Norfolk in the early 60''s. He loved living in Norfolk and made it his home until he died.
I''m Norfolk born but visited Govan and the rest of Glasgow many times.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Coatbridge is a gorgeous place[:P] I had to stay overnight there on the way to T in Park.Quite eye opening when you come from leafy Herts. But to be honest, the locals were sound and i didn''t feel threatened at all. As you say, don''t get into a Rangers/Celtic conversation,because that is serious rivalry!! What is the local team,Albion????