Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

Chesterfield attract new investment... but City stll can't...

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Sheffield uni Canary"]

according to look north he has invested £6m, £3m of which will be put forward to the stadium.

He also intrestingly slaughted Sheffield Wednesday saying the club is rotten from top to bottom, and their biggest mistake ever was losing him, as they could have had this investment. So it could mean some has gone towards the playing budget.

[/quote]

Wanting to bring in John Sheridan to manage you would obvioulsy assume that there is some to be spent on new players.

Obviously there are many stupid individuals who can''t seem to equate that amount of money he is putting in to the size of Chesterfield as a football club.

Delia Smith hasn''t stumped up too much more yet she has complete control at a club which should have far more lofty ambitions than those of Chesterfield.

If Chesterfield can find suitable investment to take them forwards as a club then why can''t NCFC???

[/quote]

I don''t know the answer fella, but I would bet that he looked at them before they looked at him, as another poster pointed out, he would have more of a motive for non footballing reasons. Also, unless I am being blind or stupid, it doesn''t say if he gets shares etc and how many if at all.

[/quote]

CIB

His investment gets him 80% of the shares.  Sound familiar?

Smudger,

The only sh*t who invests in a footie club at the moment is bad sh*t.  I don''t know how I can tell you in words of one syllable that having someone like Allen invest in NCFC will be its ruination.  Chessy are facing a nice little roll back into non-league for certain.  Move on and find another comparator cos'' you sure as hell won''t like someone like Allen in charge of your football club. 

Believe me I have lived through years of moans, vitriol and hatred from Wednesday fans.  The only good thing was they did eventually vote with their feet and stopped going to matches, even attempting to chase him out of the ground and Board meetings. 

However he only finally decided to leave when he couldn''t get some property deals underway (selling the training ground to a Tesco''s).  When he knew he couldn''t get a quick buck, the game was up for him. 

Remember this guy even personally banned the Owls Kop Band (the one that follows England all over the world) because their leader was the chair of the Wedensday Trust.  

Eventually a nice "local" supporter has come on board and slowly is winning the fans back.  He has put no money into the club though and is even as we speak flying all over the world trying to attract new foriegn money into the club.  Without success so far. Que sera, sera!

I remember that court case - it was a corker!What''s ironic about it is that some of the posts that were apparently so objectionable to Mr Allen are more than commonplace across the various NCFC sites and are certainly more vitriolic.

[quote user="LQ"]I remember that court case - it was a corker!

What''s ironic about it is that some of the posts that were apparently so objectionable to Mr Allen are more than commonplace across the various NCFC sites and are certainly more vitriolic.

[/quote]

Tranny..........

[quote user="Cluck is God"]Tranny..........[/quote]You''re getting confused with Wiz, he''s the one who''s just spent a small fortune on a new pussy! [;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Cluck is God"]Tranny..........[/quote]You''re getting confused with Wiz, he''s the one who''s just spent a small fortune on a new pussy! [;)][/quote]

I''ll have a double order of LOL on that [:D] .

[quote user="LQ"]I remember that court case - it was a corker!

What''s ironic about it is that some of the posts that were apparently so objectionable to Mr Allen are more than commonplace across the various NCFC sites and are certainly more vitriolic.
[/quote]

Vitriolic and commonplace? Why do you think that is then?....(and are they just a minority?)

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Cluck is God"]Tranny..........[/quote]You''re getting confused with Wiz, he''s the one who''s just spent a small fortune on a new pussy! [;)][/quote]

I should CoCo Lapps, Sunny, cost us way in excess of an adult season ticket!