Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Jackson Ram? - I Think? Academy?

So, with these Avademy rules stating that a player cannot sign on at a clubs Academy unless they live within a certain radius bla bla bla of the clubs facilities, how can he end up at Blackburn, and, if there are ways of cicumventing the rules (as there clearly are), then why aren''t we doing it, rather than hearing the lament about our poor catchment area and "only" being able to recruit in Norfolk?

Never is Ricky Martins fault and yet he is the Academy Manager, I can assure you as I know his dad that it was Martin who made the decision.

I think you might find that Jason Shackel was the last Academy player to make the team on a regular basis and I believe Sammy Morgan was in charge?

[quote user="Old Shuck"]
So, with these Avademy rules stating that a player cannot sign on at a clubs Academy unless they live within a certain radius bla bla bla of the clubs facilities, how can he end up at Blackburn, and, if there are ways of cicumventing the rules (as there clearly are), then why aren''t we doing it, rather than hearing the lament about our poor catchment area and "only" being able to recruit in Norfolk?
[/quote]

What happens if the club or someone appointed from the ''offers'' the family to move[:D]

I''m sure they could hang around Hackney marshes etc and offer to move them from Shitland.

I think you will find that the rule is for school age players, it is up to the clubs to secure the best players on scholarships that start after the boys leave school before the other clubs come sniffing

[quote user="ryan85k"]Exactly, I''d never heard of him before this thread, and im sure nobody else had on here either.[/quote]I remember earlier this season there was big piece about his move on Sky Sports News.Basically, it focused on how non-league clubs are not entitled to compensation when their young players are poached by the big boys, and Ramm''s move was the one that was brought to the attention of the public.More on it at the bottom of this article: [url]http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11676_4784007,00.html[/url]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]He and his coaches see him every day, none of us have  probably ever seen any of them. Yes, he was released, but he went to Cam U and could have improved more than anticpated. He may do bugger all, he may become an England regular, hey that is life. Some you win and some you lose. No point making a big fuss about something most of us don''t know jack about.[/quote]Exactly.We released Dion Dublin as a youngster because the coaches didn''t think he was going to be good enough. Who knows, maybe that knockback gave him the determination to really kick on and become the character he is.Good players will slip through the net occasionally. Whats more of an issue for me is we don''t seem to produce the amount of first team regulars through the youth setup that we used to.