Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Tonight's meeting - Well done NCISA

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Yankee, the committee met briefly last night to formulate a further press statement which will be released Monday I believe. A further meeting is scheduled in the next few weeks to put together an action plan to press for change/go forward from Thursday night.

In addition we are compiling a report on what was said on Thursday night which will be sent to club officials.

[/quote]a press statementa meeting scheduled in the next few weekscompiling a report- how could anyone say that you lack ideas!!!!!keep up the good work

[quote user="T"]I assume TFA did not attend then . I would curious to know how much people think a new owner should pump into the club each year to improve the quality of their weekend entertainment. Clearly, putting 2m into the club just gets you a load of abuse so how much would keep people happy?[/quote]

T,

The club should not need new investment for day to day purposes. The fact that we patently do need such investment is an indictment on the way this club has been run. We should comfortably be able to sustain at least a mid table CCC team with our revenues if this were not being frittered on high overheads and off the pitch activities.

By the way, have you been away for a few days this week?

[quote user="Marmaduke Bumpkin"]Can I be on the committee? Pretty please? I don''t know anything about accounts or number, I''d just like to sit next to Senior Jumped Up Nobody Tilson. Love Marmaduke[/quote]

With your qualifications, you''d be most welcome onto the NCFC Board....

To keep in line with the rest of the club employee requirement''s. How''s your forelock tugging?.....(and I wrote forelock....not fore.....)

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="Marmaduke Bumpkin"]Can I be on the committee? Pretty please? I don''t know anything about accounts or number, I''d just like to sit next to Senior Jumped Up Nobody Tilson. Love Marmaduke[/quote]

To keep in line with the rest of the club employee requirement''s. How''s your forelock tugging?.....(and I wrote forelock....not fore.....)

[/quote]but over qaulified for ncsia!

[quote user="Happy Clapper"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

but over qaulified for ncsia!
[/quote]

Are you an English teacher?

It seems that NCISA is doing all that it can to find a way forward.

Having listened at the meeting it seems that the problem is how do fans find an effective way to express the strength of their feelings without harming the long term interests of our team?

Perhaps if season ticket holders take their rebate and then hod the money until the club shows the necessary strengthening of the Board it would not harm the prospects of the team. Then £600000 pounds season ticket holders would then make available would unite everyone.

At present some other groups seem to have taken on trust that changes will happen. Where is the evidence that the Board will be strengthened? Perhaps they should talk with NCISA.

[quote user="Flying Canary"]It seems that NCISA is doing all that it can to find a way forward.

[/quote]

a press statement

a meeting scheduled in the next few weeks

compiling a report

thats it''s best!![quote user="Flying Canary"] Perhaps if season ticket holders take their rebate and then hod the money until the club shows the necessary strengthening of the Board it would not harm the prospects of the team.  [/quote]wont work cos most season ticket holders support Norwich city not NCSIA![quote user="Flying Canary"]Perhaps they should talk with NCISA.[/quote]why they dont represent anyone but a small minority

[quote user="T"]I assume TFA did not attend then . [/quote]

Yes I did attend the meeting on Thursday.

BTW the good folk who support NCFC provide sufficient recurring revenues for NCFC. As I have said before with our revenues and Preston''s cost base (adjusted for the catering operation and size of gates) NCFC would have had need for a subsidy during our recent Championship seasons.

For most part, I wouldn''t say the football in recent years has been great entertainment worthy of the prices we pay.

Flying Canary. I don''t know if you have seen my earlier post, but the committee are meeting soon to discuss many points such as the one you have raised. If you would like to have some input on this discussion could you please email a committee member with your points and we will certainly add it to the discussion. Similar suggestions to yours have been made and IMO it''s very much worth considering.

We are compiling a report about supporters'' views at the meeting and will be seeking a meeting with club officials, indeed hopefully directors themselves.

Trying times indeed and time to unite as supporters to seek a way forward for our club.

the correct version :

BTW the good folk who support NCFC provide sufficient recurring revenues for NCFC. As I have said before with our revenues and Preston''s cost base (adjusted for the catering operation and size of gates) NCFC would have had NO need for a subsidy during our recent Championship seasons.

For most part, I wouldn''t say the football in recent years has been great entertainment worthy of the prices we pay.

[quote user="Flying Canary"]It seems that NCISA is doing all that it can to find a way forward. Having listened at the meeting it seems that the problem is how do fans find an effective way to express the strength of their feelings without harming the long term interests of our team? Perhaps if season ticket holders take their rebate and then hold the money until the club shows the necessary strengthening of the Board it would not harm the prospects of the team. Then £600000 pounds season ticket holders would then make available would unite everyone. At present some other groups seem to have taken on trust that changes will happen. Where is the evidence that the Board will be strengthened? Perhaps they should talk with NCISA.[/quote]

Well said. My personal view is similar to yours, the fans should hold the money until they are satisfied with the changes. Furthermore they should buy shares in their own name (not via the Share Trust) and not just give the money to NCFC or the share Trust

Just out of interest, how would you suggest fans buy shares that are not traded on any exchange? I''ve got mine and and am happy to keep them out of the sweaty hands of the Supporters Trust and NCISA.

Marmaduke

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

the correct version :

BTW the good folk who support NCFC provide sufficient recurring revenues for NCFC. As I have said before with our revenues and Preston''s cost base (adjusted for the catering operation and size of gates) NCFC would have had NO need for a subsidy during our recent Championship seasons.

[/quote]

Indeed.  Our non-player wage cost base has doubled to £17m since `02- when incidently we could afford to spend far more of ordinary income on the team than we can now.  T never has addressed that point.....[^o)]

What do those five full-timers in the press office do all summer?  Perhaps the spate of brainwashed pro-Delia nonsense posted on here recently provides some explanation......Must be the cushiest post in the City.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Yes indeed Mr Carrow, wonder which one recommended switching the spell check off?[/quote]a press statementa meeting scheduled in the next few weekscompiling a report- how could anyone say that you lack ideas!!!!!keep up the good work!!u call that a strategy

[quote user="Marmaduke Bumpkin"]Just out of interest, how would you suggest fans buy shares that are not traded on any exchange? I''ve got mine and and am happy to keep them out of the sweaty hands of the Supporters Trust and NCISA. Marmaduke[/quote]

First point is that I suggested people (who wish to buy shares post changes that they are satisifed with) should do so in their OWN NAME. I didn''t suggest buying them in NCISA''s name did I?

Secondly they are traded by Barratt & Cooke, a stockbroker that can be found in London St., Norwich (near Opie St.) but thats not the method as that wouldn''t get into the hands of the club (post changes) but to other people.

The method would be for the club (post changes) to issue the shares direct to anyone who is interested in using their money that way. This is subject to there being enough shares available for allotment (as a result of prior resolutions such as those passed at the AGM.). Otherwise new resolutions would be required

[quote user="Happy Clapper"][quote user="gazzathegreat"]Yes indeed Mr Carrow, wonder which one recommended switching the spell check off?[/quote]

a press statement

a meeting scheduled in the next few weeks

compiling a report

- how could anyone say that you lack ideas!!!!!

keep up the good work!!

u call that a strategy

[/quote]

Learnt to cut and paste well done!

Does that count to your bonus?

In answer to you questions it is prudent to consider all options before acting. You know appoint a manager within a day, that sort of thing.

By the way could you please let me know what vintage Delia was on when she made that superb PR broadcast at Carrow Road. My lawnmower is playing up and it might just fix it.

[quote user="Marmaduke Bumpkin"]Just out of interest, how would you suggest fans buy shares that are not traded on any exchange? I''ve got mine and and am happy to keep them out of the sweaty hands of the Supporters Trust and NCISA. Marmaduke[/quote]

First point is that I suggested people (who wish to buy shares post changes that they are satisifed with) should do so in their OWN NAME. I didn''t suggest buying them in NCISA''s name did I?

Secondly they are traded by Barratt & Cooke, a stockbroker that can be found in London St., Norwich (near Opie St.) but thats not the method as that wouldn''t get into the hands of the club (post changes) but to other people.

The method would be for the club (post changes) to issue the shares direct to anyone who is interested in using their money that way. This is subject to there being enough shares available for allotment (as a result of prior resolutions such as those passed at the AGM.). Otherwise new resolutions would be required

[/quote]

In the present situation shouldn''t that be losing TFA

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="Happy Clapper"][quote user="gazzathegreat"]Yes indeed Mr Carrow, wonder which one recommended switching the spell check off?[/quote]a press statementa meeting scheduled in the next few weekscompiling a report- how could anyone say that you lack ideas!!!!!keep up the good work!!u call that a strategy

[/quote]

Learnt to cut and paste well done!

Does that count to your bonus?

In answer to you questions it is prudent to consider all options before acting. You know appoint a manager within a day, that sort of thing.

By the way could you please let me know what vintage Delia was on when she made that superb PR broadcast at Carrow Road. My lawnmower is playing up and it might just fix it.

[/quote]u cant deal with the point so you become siarcasticnot very immpresive

Tangie - can you explain about buying shares in words I can understand please? IF say, I wanted to buy some could I just go to Barrett and Cooke, help myself to a nice coffee while asking about how many shares are available to the ordinary supporter? Or do I have to do the deed via the club? Which is best?

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Tangie - can you explain about buying shares in words I can understand please? IF say, I wanted to buy some could I just go to Barrett and Cooke, help myself to a nice coffee while asking about how many shares are available to the ordinary supporter? Or do I have to do the deed via the club? Which is best?[/quote]

When a person has decided that they want ordinary shares and the club to have the money then you need to contact the company secretary at the club (or their assistant).

If you buy the shares via Barratt & Cooke, the seller of the shares is getting the money less abit of commission that B&C. get, NOT THE CLUB. Of course if you are not bothered about the club getting the money and you wanted to know how many shares were avaialble for you to buy there and then they should be able to quote you a volume at a certain price.

My personal advice to people and its up to each individual to make their own decision with their cash, is to hold the money until the fans are happy with any changes.  

I hope that helps.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

the correct version :

[/quote]

Indeed.  Our non-player wage cost base has doubled to £17m since `02- when incidently we could afford to spend far more of ordinary income on the team than we can now.  T never has addressed that point.....[^o)]

What do those five full-timers in the press office do all summer?  Perhaps the spate of brainwashed pro-Delia nonsense posted on here recently provides some explanation......Must be the cushiest post in the City.

[/quote]

Give me the detailed mgmt accounts and the deloittes report for the two years in question and I will be happy to address your issue - otherwise both are just speculating

The club should not need new investment for day to day purposes. The fact that we patently do need such investment is an indictment on the way this club has been run. We should comfortably be able to sustain at least a mid table CCC team with our revenues if this were not being frittered on high overheads and off the pitch activities.

By the way, have you been away for a few days this week?

Then how do you explain the Deloitte conclusion that nearly all clubs including most premiership clubs are dependent on selling players and cash injections from their owners?

We do have a mid-table player budget just not mid-table quality players.

and I do have to work sometimes. Currently looking at a business in the construction sector - I will be particularly interested to see when the commercial property mkt in the UK is expected to recover!

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Tangie - can you explain about buying shares in words I can understand please? IF say, I wanted to buy some could I just go to Barrett and Cooke, help myself to a nice coffee while asking about how many shares are available to the ordinary supporter? Or do I have to do the deed via the club? Which is best?[/quote]

Gazza,

To add to TFAA''s post, there are basically two ways of buying shares.

1. Buy shares that already exist on an open market. As NCFC is a private company, these are not quoted on a market such as the LSE, but there is a local market run by B&C. I think this effectively works on a matched bargian basis, which means that B&C effectively introduce a buyer to a seller and take a commission, rather than holding a supply in their own name which they can trade. Alternatively, you could still buy existing shares from a private individual and avoid using B&C (e.g. Delia bought shares from Geoffrey Watling). In the case of all existing shares, no money goes to the club, as there is simply a transfer of cash/shaes between two parties. The market value is likley to be much less than £30, but as this is not a liquid market, thsi could fluctuate wildly depending upon the relatiev balance between demand and supply on the day.

2. Buy newly created shares from the club at £30. Effectively the club would print new shares in exchange for cash. This would be new investment diretcly into the club and was the vehicle that Peter Cullum was probably proposing for his alleged investment, albeit not at £30. The creation of new shares reduces the porportion of the club owned by Delia, but also increase the worth of the club, which means that she would have a smaller share of a larger cake, and would probably be no worse or better off. However, lets say someone offered to put £5M into the club, I suspect they would turn it down becuase it would mean that Delia would no longer be a majority shareholder and could be outvoted.

I hope this helps.

BTW the good folk who support NCFC provide sufficient recurring revenues for NCFC. As I have said before with our revenues and Preston''s cost base (adjusted for the catering operation and size of gates) NCFC would have had need for a subsidy during our recent Championship seasons.

[/quote]

Unfortunately, ticket revenue does not even cover the player budget let alone operating costs. I repeat the Deloitte report says nearly all clubs are reliant on selling players or cash injections from the owners including Preston according to the cash flow statement I saw. You will also see that all clubs look to generate income from off-field activites and spend money on fixed assets - manU being the greatest example.

[quote user="T"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[/quote]

Unfortunately, ticket revenue does not even cover the player budget let alone operating costs. I repeat the Deloitte report says nearly all clubs are reliant on selling players or cash injections from the owners including Preston according to the cash flow statement I saw. You will also see that all clubs look to generate income from off-field activites and spend money on fixed assets - manU being the greatest example.

[/quote]

BUT I wasn''t posting about Preston''s revenues or their external funding, just their cost base. Our revenues with their cost base adjusted for our catering operation and extra costs due to our bigger gates.