Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Tonight's meeting - Well done NCISA

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Disturbed"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Disturbed"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="astrodyne"][quote user="Disturbed"]

Yes well done for a fantastic turnout but please do not think for one moment that those mere 600 souls represent the rest of the 30000 + norwich supporters out there - you are very much mistaken if you do. Those who turned up for this meeting had axes to grind and are representative only of their own views.

The polls taken are are meaningless - you cold get 600 sould together for a pro gun meeting no problem.

The support for Gunn is split down the middle from what i can see from other polls and speaking to people.

As per these forums - extremist views and minorities will alwys overpower the voice of the majority beause the majority are content - not happy - just content and realistic.

Go on - shoot me down.

[/quote]

Come on then, organise it.
Hire St. Andrews Hall and fill it with passionate City supporters who love their club AND support the appointment of Gunn. That way we can get a better view of things, if, as you say, the figures are not representative.
[/quote]

Exactly Astro... more chance of hell freezing over tomorrow than them ever being able to get 600 x Pro Board Bafoons in one room... [Y]

Is amazing that there are still a few delusional idots out there that have to embarass the rest of Norfolk.

Good to meet you last night by the way.

[/quote]

Smudger,

600 souls from a supporter base of over 30000 is not a good start - get  a few thousand together and peeps might then listen.

Smudger  i do not like insulting people.........and in your case......i will not lowere myself.

Do have a good evening old chap

[/quote]

If 600 people is not many then why don''t you do better then?

If you think you can fill a room with half that number of deluded souls who believe that we still have the right people in the boardroom and that Gunny is then man for the job then why don''t you go and do it then?

You know as well as I do it would be impossible to achieve that.

[/quote]

Let me think......

How to get lots of people together with a view to supporting our team.........

Oh  i remeber a little match a few weeks ago........

Was it....yes it was....against reading....did not 25000 souls meet up and support our team and manager......

or am i deluded........

pwned (childish i now but i could not help it)

[/quote]

Yes they supported the team (more fool them).

How many of them applauded Bryan Gunn or Delia Smith that evening though???

Was there not a group of 50+ individuals who chanted DELIA OUT chants that night?

I did not here anything from the pro Delia happy clappies... too afraid to back your thoughts with your mouth in real life again were we??? [:$]

[/quote]

I do apolgies old bean - there was a demonstration - huge wasn''t it.

25000 people at the ground - 0.2 % upset enough to demonstrate  is it sinking in yet m8?

[quote user="Disturbed"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Disturbed"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Disturbed"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="astrodyne"][quote user="Disturbed"]

Yes well done for a fantastic turnout but please do not think for one moment that those mere 600 souls represent the rest of the 30000 + norwich supporters out there - you are very much mistaken if you do. Those who turned up for this meeting had axes to grind and are representative only of their own views.

The polls taken are are meaningless - you cold get 600 sould together for a pro gun meeting no problem.

The support for Gunn is split down the middle from what i can see from other polls and speaking to people.

As per these forums - extremist views and minorities will alwys overpower the voice of the majority beause the majority are content - not happy - just content and realistic.

Go on - shoot me down.

[/quote]

Come on then, organise it.
Hire St. Andrews Hall and fill it with passionate City supporters who love their club AND support the appointment of Gunn. That way we can get a better view of things, if, as you say, the figures are not representative.
[/quote]

Exactly Astro... more chance of hell freezing over tomorrow than them ever being able to get 600 x Pro Board Bafoons in one room... [Y]

Is amazing that there are still a few delusional idots out there that have to embarass the rest of Norfolk.

Good to meet you last night by the way.

[/quote]

Smudger,

600 souls from a supporter base of over 30000 is not a good start - get  a few thousand together and peeps might then listen.

Smudger  i do not like insulting people.........and in your case......i will not lowere myself.

Do have a good evening old chap

[/quote]

If 600 people is not many then why don''t you do better then?

If you think you can fill a room with half that number of deluded souls who believe that we still have the right people in the boardroom and that Gunny is then man for the job then why don''t you go and do it then?

You know as well as I do it would be impossible to achieve that.

[/quote]

Let me think......

How to get lots of people together with a view to supporting our team.........

Oh  i remeber a little match a few weeks ago........

Was it....yes it was....against reading....did not 25000 souls meet up and support our team and manager......

or am i deluded........

pwned (childish i now but i could not help it)

[/quote]

Yes they supported the team (more fool them).

How many of them applauded Bryan Gunn or Delia Smith that evening though???

Was there not a group of 50+ individuals who chanted DELIA OUT chants that night?

I did not here anything from the pro Delia happy clappies... too afraid to back your thoughts with your mouth in real life again were we??? [:$]

[/quote]

I do apolgies old bean - there was a demonstration - huge wasn''t it.

25000 people at the ground - 0.2 % upset enough to demonstrate  is it sinking in yet m8?

[/quote]

Don''t think they''ll be 25,000 against Walsall, Leyton Orient and Swindon.....(and a few other home games to boot)....

Mr Smudger - you seem to confuse supporting the team with supporting the board. They''re not the same thing. I''m glad I''ll never see Doncaster''s smug grin again, I can''t stand the sherry sloshing cook or her acolytes. But I definitley DO support the team, am glad I renewed my season ticket of many, many years standing and will be cheering the lads on come first game of the season.

In your view, anyone who doesn''t wrap themselves in a "dirty protest" blanket and chain themselves to a Morrison''s trolley in stead of going to the game is a "Pro-Boarder".

You sir, are wrong and possibly a wrong''un.

I am intrigued though, what does success for your protest look like. The club a thing of the past, the ground truned into another backstreet car park?

What on earth would you find to whine about then? Would your life have any meaning without your eternal struggle against South/Chase/Smith/Whoever?

Love

Bartholomew

Bartholomew Bumpkin BSc (Hons) wrote: A very good point, Disturbed. Taking a straw poll from a room full of angry nutters is hardly going to come up with the most objective, reasonable set of views.

I couldn''t agree more. Which is precisely why if you filled a room with a dozen pro-board, pro-Gunn nutters (because that''s about how many you''d be able to come up with, and nutters is certainly what they''d be), you''re not going to come up with the most objective, reasonable set of views.

Last night''s meeting, on the other hand, was full of a huge cross-section of City fans. Men, women and children, of all ages and from all areas of Norfolk and beyond, people who are regarded as moderates. Yet the message they sent was abundantly clear. We''ve had enough. It''s time for change. And if the board won''t listen, it''s up to us to make them listen by boycotting, cancelling STs and refusing to renew, and withdrawing our financial support for this bunch of clowns and incompetents.

Yawn!!!!!

A huge cross section of fans who just all happened to share exactly the same view as you and your mates. And that''s supposed to be representative of the views of the whole fan-base? Perhaps a little deluded?

Who agrees that the board must be sacked, raise your hand! Up they go, like an old school union mass vote.

Last night''s meeting was a bit of joke and tomorrows chip paper

[quote] user="Bartholomew Bumpkin BSc (Hons)"]Yawn!!!!! A huge cross section of fans who just all happened to share exactly the same view as you and your mates. And that''s supposed to be representative of the views of the whole fan-base? Perhaps a little deluded? Who agrees that the board must be sacked, raise your hand! Up they go, like an old school union mass vote. Last night''s meeting was a bit of joke and tomorrows chip paper[/quote]

I put my hand up to that

"Yawn!!!!!

A huge cross section of fans who just all happened to share exactly the same view as you and your mates. And that''s supposed to be representative of the views of the whole fan-base? Perhaps a little deluded?

Who agrees that the board must be sacked, raise your hand! Up they go, like an old school union mass vote.

Last night''s meeting was a bit of joke and tomorrows chip paper"Everyone was invited and encouraged to turn up, whatever their views.It was made clear throughout the meeting that every point of view was to be respected and every personal allowed to speak uninterrupted.You cannot blame NCISA that only a small few of the supposed ''majority'' who support Gunn turned up.What are they supposed to do, go out into the streets, interrogate fans about their viewpoint and then drag them into the hall?The vote could only be taken of the people who turned up, and of those who turned up only 7 supported Gunn, and precisely zero voted in favour of the board.If you can think of a better way to poll the entire Norwich City supporter base, then please, enlighten us.Otherwise, shut your trap.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]"Yawn!!!!! A huge cross section of fans who just all happened to share exactly the same view as you and your mates. And that''s supposed to be representative of the views of the whole fan-base? Perhaps a little deluded? Who agrees that the board must be sacked, raise your hand! Up they go, like an old school union mass vote. Last night''s meeting was a bit of joke and tomorrows chip paper"

Everyone was invited and encouraged to turn up, whatever their views.
It was made clear throughout the meeting that every point of view was to be respected and every personal allowed to speak uninterrupted.
You cannot blame NCISA that only a small few of the supposed ''majority'' who support Gunn turned up.
What are they supposed to do, go out into the streets, interrogate fans about their viewpoint and then drag them into the hall?
The vote could only be taken of the people who turned up, and of those who turned up only 7 supported Gunn, and precisely zero voted in favour of the board.

If you can think of a better way to poll the entire Norwich City supporter base, then please, enlighten us.
Otherwise, shut your trap.
[/quote]

18000  season ticket holders indicates soething rather important

[quote user="Disturbed"]

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]"Yawn!!!!! A huge cross section of fans who just all happened to share exactly the same view as you and your mates. And that''s supposed to be representative of the views of the whole fan-base? Perhaps a little deluded? Who agrees that the board must be sacked, raise your hand! Up they go, like an old school union mass vote. Last night''s meeting was a bit of joke and tomorrows chip paper"

Everyone was invited and encouraged to turn up, whatever their views.
It was made clear throughout the meeting that every point of view was to be respected and every personal allowed to speak uninterrupted.
You cannot blame NCISA that only a small few of the supposed ''majority'' who support Gunn turned up.
What are they supposed to do, go out into the streets, interrogate fans about their viewpoint and then drag them into the hall?
The vote could only be taken of the people who turned up, and of those who turned up only 7 supported Gunn, and precisely zero voted in favour of the board.

If you can think of a better way to poll the entire Norwich City supporter base, then please, enlighten us.
Otherwise, shut your trap.
[/quote]

18000  season ticket holders indicates soething rather important

[/quote]

Your spelling indicates something rather impotent....

[quote user="Bartholomew Bumpkin BSc "]Yawn!!!!! A huge cross section of fans who just all happened to share exactly the same view as you and your mates. And that''s supposed to be representative of the views of the whole fan-base? Perhaps a little deluded? Who agrees that the board must be sacked, raise your hand! Up they go, like an old school union mass vote. Last night''s meeting was a bit of joke and tomorrows chip paper[/quote]

You can only advertise a meeting if the so called majority in favour can''t shift their backsides to bother to attend then the result is what you get.

I for one, not through rose coloured spectacles, saw a cross section of supporters ranging from 50+years of support to new arrivals. With little exception that cross section objected to the off hand way this board and it''s employees had treated them and the club they held dear.

BB you have no idea what true support of a team means. Your stupid comments and infantile rantings prove that you have no true argument to put forward.

There a many thousands of true fans that want to reclaim our club. If that does not (please God) include you, then with respect, I suggest you support a team more in keeping with your ambitions.

"You seem a bit confused. I don''t support Gunn, I don''t support the boartd. I DO, like many others, support the team. Now might be a good time for you and your mates to do the same don''t you think?"

Errr, yes.  The closed season is a very good time to support the team......[:|]

Methinks ralphy wright may be back at last.

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="Ren"]There is a way that you can do this already - its called the supporters trust.  Having listen to what was said last night though I think we are going to need a lot more than £50 each for Delia to listen as she has 66% of all the shares.[/quote]

66% of shares at Delia''s prices is a hell of a lot of money. 66% of shares at realistic prices is a different matter altogether.

Making Margaret Thatche… sorry, Delia Smith realise this is the difficult part.
[/quote]

Andy, what is Delia''s price? Is it £30 per share? That''s what the club is supposedly valued at according to that statement issued last summer. But what are the shares really worth and is there anyone out there who really wants to buy them? How about we ask those Associated Directors what value they put on the shares? They seem to have changed their tune now Munby and Doncaster have gone. Suddenly they want us to get behind what''s left. I wonder why that is. Have they suddenly found new confidence in Smith&Jones or do they know something we don''t?

Last night I voted that I was not happy in Gunny being appointed as manager. It was an easy vote for me to make because he failed in his trial period, did nothing to improve results or league position and I believe failed to get the best out of what was available to him. Like others I will support him because that''s what supporters do. I would have been happier if he was moved to another role leaving Butterworth and Crook to manage/coach and that was what I thought we were going to get.

I also supported the vote of no confidence in the board. Again it was easy because having watched the press conference the previous day where they announced Gunn as manager I was left with a feeling of total no confidence in them, as I suspect was everyone else who saw it if they are honest.

But having said all that I am still not where you are Andy. I don''t believe we would be better off hounding them out and taking our chances. I rather suspect that those Associated Directors agree with me. I still don''t see it as "them and us" going to battle. Would we win such a battle anyway? If it really was like that we''d be in the trenches armed with our rebate or even cancellation of the whole ticket. They''d be in their bunker armed with their rebate or even cancellation of their whole tickets unless of course they got out the big guns of  million pound loans. The crazy thing is we are all on the same side.

But something has to change. We are proud fans and we want a football team to be prpud of too. There can be few people who have confidence in the current set up being able to make that happen. So maybe the way forward is to infiltrate the boardroom. Get people in there to help with the decision making. Don''t those Associate Directors deserve a voice on the board? If the Trust and all supporters groups joined forces could they not nominate someone for to be on the board? At least two fresh minds in there with the three remaining.

But whichever way we go it has to be done positively. I am still amazed how everyone walked away from last night as though it was mission accomplished. Andy, you achieved something for us a few months ago. You had an idea to do something that you believed should happen. You contacted the people that needed to be contacted and I got you the words that needed to be written and the tribute that we wanted happened. It wouldn''t have happened if we''d said good idea, talked about it but not acted on it. It was no mean achievement and I will always be grateful to you for making it happen. But unfortunately, unlike on that occasion, where we go from here does not seem clear to me.

NN,I don''t know the answers… sadly. I do know that sitting back and doing nothing is worse than trying and failing, and save me winning the Euro Trillions, I won''t have the financial clout to do so.I do think however that collective bargaining in the form of season ticket renewals / cancellations is one way forward… but it is one hell of a job trying to organise it… especially when you get fools like Barty Bumwipe or whatever his assumed name is muddying the waters and diverting the argument away from where it should be.I agree that fans representation is one way that we can keep a check on things but not under their conditions… it would have to be under ours, non-negotiable, and our ability to insist on that depends on how much collective clout we have.I''m sorry that I don''t have any more tangible answers than that, but I am trying to find some way forward as the frustration at what has happened to our club, ''cos it is our club, is driving me quite mad.I would happily put my head in the lion''s mouth so to speak, as I am not intimidated by large meetings with important people, I do it all the time… as for the insults that would follow, well thats part of the parcel isn''t it?I do happen to think that this is going to turn into a civil war NN… it has that feeling about it now… an perceivable change of mood!

Well, the meeting has taken place. The fans that attended and lacked shyness have had their say. The committee has taken on board the information and is considering next steps. Nothing new there. Clearly, the key inputs appear to have been a disenchantment with the way the club is being mismanaged by the remaining board members, including the appointment of Bryan Gunn as manager. So, apart from the relatively weak option of expressing more verbal disenchantment through the media or by requesting an audience with the remaining board members, what biting options are open to the fans that can be considered to have teeth:

• Fans can walk with their feet and not attend matches, hoping this action will give the current majority owners no choice but to find replacement owners at a price the market will bear.

• Fans can solicit sufficient support on a widespread basis to conduct protest marches on a daily rotational basis ( seeking ongoing media coverage....a stretch ) in an attempt to shame the current owners to sell up, and HOPE that you like the new kid on the block a little better, at least for a while..

• As silly as it may sound an attempt can be made ( probably through NCISA or a new group prepared to conduct a more dynamic approach) to put forth a proposal for Norwich fans to buy control of the club. I saw someone suggest earlier that perhaps the fans can buy just enough shares so that Delia and Michael''s holdings fall just below 50%. That should be considered a non-starter for obvious reasons. No, the only way that fans will obtain control is if they are prepared to go whole hog and buy out the current majority owners. Now, in that regard, does anyone think that 25,000 fans would both have the financial ability and commitment to put forth approximately 300-400 pounds per fan to accomplish that, in addition to whatever amount per fan would be required to cover the debt ( let''s say 800 pounds/fan ). The latter amount could be put into a trust fund only to be available for access by the creditors if the fans were unable to successfully run the club at a profit while ensuring the right kind of football product is put on the pitch. To watch the fans undertake this challenge could be more entertaining than any resulting football display. 

• If the preceding three points seem impractical then, perhaps the best thing to do is to get the collective shoulder behind the wheel and continue supporting the club to see if we can fight our way out of this situation. This is the view that the associate directors seem to have arrived at.

I love the way that ppl are rattling on saying the meeting was not represented by a mix of city fans.

The pro boarders/gunn, had there chance to turn up and debate luke adults. They didn''t.

So much for believing in your cause! But attitudes like this and watching things happen is why we are where we are!

Andy, sorry to say I agree with you, re another possible civil war. Think the meeting might just have stirred up more than a bit of passion for the club (and change) and hesitation in those who really don''t want to go through all of that again (Chase).

Of course if anyone instigates this they are going to fall foul of the Barty whatsists of this world. I don''t need to tell you that, but anyone who wasn''t around during the Chase Out era it wasn''t nice, it wasn''t a thrill seeking pleasure; in fact it was possibly the worst year of my life. Nothing is more soul destroying than standing outside the ground listening to discontent inside it and realising your team are losing.

Outside we few boycotting souls put up with all kinds of abuse (and if you thought Worthy Out was bad, that was nothing compared to those days). After the games the numbers swelled for full on protests and they have not been repeated since. As a woman in my 30s then, I was spat on, hit across the face, verbally abused and then of course - the infamous police horses. Week after week, a season of Carrow Road on the outside and treks to every away ground in the league as a consolation prize (to see some football and support the team). Of course we got the usual stuff, not true supporters, not fit to be city fans. All of it. And in those times with no internet it was all face to face. Fan against fan.

I don''t want to go through that again, but fear it''s a very real possibility. I want Delia and Michael to face up to reality and find a new way forward, but as it stands today I fear that is never going to happen.

I too sense a very real change in mood, not just from a personal point of view, but as others such as Bigfeller acknowledge, amongst the more moderate of us. Thursday night was a watershed if you like. There were people there who I hadn''t seen since the Chase days. Does that mean they only come out of the woodwork at times like this, or is it that Thursday signalled a last ray of hope for debate, democracy and reason? Are people generally pinning their last hopes on NCISA and other bodies to take their views to the board in the small hope they will listen?

We can all debate until the end of time on here, but eventually it has to come down to action of some sort, just walking away, protesting inside or outside the ground, cancelling season tickets, it will all be down to the individual. What we do need is a strong united supporter group to show the directors that enough is enough and we are not just a minority rabble. Thursday night surprised me, it really did. The hall wasn''t packed with stereotypical protest rent a mob (as no doubt some expected) it was packed with reasonable but long suffering city fans, all of whom made their points in a well balanced and reasoned way. No shouting, no swearing no abuse to individuals. IF I were Delia or Michael I would be rather alarmed by that.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Andy, sorry to say I agree with you, re another possible civil war. Think the meeting might just have stirred up more than a bit of passion for the club (and change) and hesitation in those who really don''t want to go through all of that again (Chase). Of course if anyone instigates this they are going to fall foul of the Barty whatsists of this world. I don''t need to tell you that, but anyone who wasn''t around during the Chase Out era it wasn''t nice, it wasn''t a thrill seeking pleasure; in fact it was possibly the worst year of my life. Nothing is more soul destroying than standing outside the ground listening to discontent inside it and realising your team are losing. Outside we few boycotting souls put up with all kinds of abuse (and if you thought Worthy Out was bad, that was nothing compared to those days). After the games the numbers swelled for full on protests and they have not been repeated since. As a woman in my 30s then, I was spat on, hit across the face, verbally abused and then of course - the infamous police horses. Week after week, a season of Carrow Road on the outside and treks to every away ground in the league as a consolation prize (to see some football and support the team). Of course we got the usual stuff, not true supporters, not fit to be city fans. All of it. And in those times with no internet it was all face to face. Fan against fan. I don''t want to go through that again, but fear it''s a very real possibility. I want Delia and Michael to face up to reality and find a new way forward, but as it stands today I fear that is never going to happen. I too sense a very real change in mood, not just from a personal point of view, but as others such as Bigfeller acknowledge, amongst the more moderate of us. Thursday night was a watershed if you like. There were people there who I hadn''t seen since the Chase days. Does that mean they only come out of the woodwork at times like this, or is it that Thursday signalled a last ray of hope for debate, democracy and reason? Are people generally pinning their last hopes on NCISA and other bodies to take their views to the board in the small hope they will listen? We can all debate until the end of time on here, but eventually it has to come down to action of some sort, just walking away, protesting inside or outside the ground, cancelling season tickets, it will all be down to the individual. What we do need is a strong united supporter group to show the directors that enough is enough and we are not just a minority rabble. Thursday night surprised me, it really did. The hall wasn''t packed with stereotypical protest rent a mob (as no doubt some expected) it was packed with reasonable but long suffering city fans, all of whom made their points in a well balanced and reasoned way. No shouting, no swearing no abuse to individuals. IF I were Delia or Michael I would be rather alarmed by that.[/quote]

I really do think that they are.....

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Do you Mello, what are the vibes in the Werthers'' Originals lounge bars these days?[/quote]Typical rabble, always generalising [;)]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Andy, sorry to say I agree with you, re another possible civil war. Think the meeting might just have stirred up more than a bit of passion for the club (and change) and hesitation in those who really don''t want to go through all of that again (Chase). Of course if anyone instigates this they are going to fall foul of the Barty whatsists of this world. I don''t need to tell you that, but anyone who wasn''t around during the Chase Out era it wasn''t nice, it wasn''t a thrill seeking pleasure; in fact it was possibly the worst year of my life. Nothing is more soul destroying than standing outside the ground listening to discontent inside it and realising your team are losing. Outside we few boycotting souls put up with all kinds of abuse (and if you thought Worthy Out was bad, that was nothing compared to those days). After the games the numbers swelled for full on protests and they have not been repeated since. As a woman in my 30s then, I was spat on, hit across the face, verbally abused and then of course - the infamous police horses. Week after week, a season of Carrow Road on the outside and treks to every away ground in the league as a consolation prize (to see some football and support the team). Of course we got the usual stuff, not true supporters, not fit to be city fans. All of it. And in those times with no internet it was all face to face. Fan against fan. I don''t want to go through that again, but fear it''s a very real possibility. I want Delia and Michael to face up to reality and find a new way forward, but as it stands today I fear that is never going to happen. I too sense a very real change in mood, not just from a personal point of view, but as others such as Bigfeller acknowledge, amongst the more moderate of us. Thursday night was a watershed if you like. There were people there who I hadn''t seen since the Chase days. Does that mean they only come out of the woodwork at times like this, or is it that Thursday signalled a last ray of hope for debate, democracy and reason? Are people generally pinning their last hopes on NCISA and other bodies to take their views to the board in the small hope they will listen? We can all debate until the end of time on here, but eventually it has to come down to action of some sort, just walking away, protesting inside or outside the ground, cancelling season tickets, it will all be down to the individual. What we do need is a strong united supporter group to show the directors that enough is enough and we are not just a minority rabble. Thursday night surprised me, it really did. The hall wasn''t packed with stereotypical protest rent a mob (as no doubt some expected) it was packed with reasonable but long suffering city fans, all of whom made their points in a well balanced and reasoned way. No shouting, no swearing no abuse to individuals. IF I were Delia or Michael I would be rather alarmed by that.[/quote]

If you are following some of the other threads Gazza, and the perpetraters are,as we think, club based, then FRIGHTENED is a more an apt word.

Their enterage cannot continue to hide them from the true feelings expressed by the true fans.

The feeling Thursday night from the 600 attendees was not so much anger as a very controlled gritty determination. That if you are facing it frightens even more.Anger can subside , that feeling wont go until something gives.

Well said

Hi Butler, I am doing my best, but I have had football overload all week! Three NCISA meetings in a week is more than enough! lol

Today I have (guiltily) spent 2 whole hours in HMV buying up some sale CDs. Best time I have had for weeks. Now busy blasting out the whole road......

But I will catch up, promise!

I assume TFA did not attend then . I would curious to know how much people think a new owner should pump into the club each year to improve the quality of their weekend entertainment. Clearly, putting 2m into the club just gets you a load of abuse so how much would keep people happy?

That''s fair enough in theory T, but when that 2million is not spent on the team (noticed all those lovely restaurants lately have we) then we are more than entitled to have our say on what''s going on.

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn''t Delia''s money go on hoovering up yet more shares. 66% now isn''t it?

And there we are, back where we were 50 years ago. Shameful.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]That''s fair enough in theory T, but when that 2million is not spent on the team (noticed all those lovely restaurants lately have we) then we are more than entitled to have our say on what''s going on. Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn''t Delia''s money go on hoovering up yet more shares. 66% now isn''t it? And there we are, back where we were 50 years ago. Shameful.[/quote]

gazza, a serious question, how much time has been spent on the NCISA committee discussing and tabling an action plan regarding the very point you mention here? If Delia and Michael opt to leave the club what action, if any, is contemplated to avoid the club being under the control of yet another majority owner? Or is it not discussed in the hope that should a new owner emerge they would live up to the fans expectations? You use the term "shameful" to describe such a scenario so, if that''s true, what aggressive action is the fan base undertaking to prevent such an occurrence? 

Yankee, the committee met briefly last night to formulate a further press statement which will be released Monday I believe. A further meeting is scheduled in the next few weeks to put together an action plan to press for change/go forward from Thursday night.

In addition we are compiling a report on what was said on Thursday night which will be sent to club officials.

We have someone on the committee who is qualified in accounting practices who can certainly decipher what''s been happening at the club. If you want to provide any input, and that would be most welcome, please could you email one of us, details on the NCISA website.