Sign in to follow this  
LQ

If you're lookin' for trouble (write another blog!)

Oh dear...Has there ever been a bad Bill Murray film?

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Then name it, AJ, for I can''t think of one... the man is a God. [:D][/quote]I wouldn''t say it was a BAD film, but Lost in Translation was way over-rated.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Evil Monkey"]Then name it, AJ, for I can''t think of one... the man is a God. [:D][/quote]I wouldn''t say it was a BAD film, but Lost in Translation was way over-rated.[/quote]Agreed, plus I think the new Ghostbusters is going to be terrible.

Lost in Translation is a little too subtle for some people''s tastes, I think its a wonderful little film.  Of his recent works, The Life Aquatic has to be his best, its so quirky and odd, I love it! Ghostbusters III has the potential to be very funny, if done right, particularly considering how large/grey the original cast are now... the word on the street is that they''ll be training up their replacements, so there''s the potential to have some of the new blood of comedy shining.... people like Paul Rudd, Seth Rogen and the like would work well, I reckon, as long as the script is tight.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"] Ghostbusters III has the potential to be very funny, if done right, particularly considering how large/grey the original cast are now... the word on the street is that they''ll be training up their replacements, so there''s the potential to have some of the new blood of comedy shining.... people like Paul Rudd, Seth Rogen and the like would work well, I reckon, as long as the script is tight.
[/quote]

http://www.ghostbustersgame.com/ Harold Ramis has confirmed that this is ghot busters 3..... theres no going to a movie but the game is a brand new adventure featuring ALL the original cast, Ramis, Akryod, Murray, Hudson, yes.. even Weaver and Moranis.... plus the woman who plays Janine...

its looking good too!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"] Ghostbusters III has the potential to be very funny, if done right, particularly considering how large/grey the original cast are now... the word on the street is that they''ll be training up their replacements, so there''s the potential to have some of the new blood of comedy shining.... people like Paul Rudd, Seth Rogen and the like would work well, I reckon, as long as the script is tight.
[/quote]

http://www.ghostbustersgame.com/ Harold Ramis has confirmed that this is ghot busters 3..... theres no going to a movie but the game is a brand new adventure featuring ALL the original cast, Ramis, Akryod, Murray, Hudson, yes.. even Weaver and Moranis.... plus the woman who plays Janine...

its looking good too!

[/quote]

and its got the theme tune "Bustin makes me feel good"! ;)

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Lost in Translation is a little too subtle for some people''s tastes....[/quote]

Ah, so that was it, Evil Money! And there was me thinking it was all to do with not remotely believing in the relationship between the photographer and his wife, and finding the whole strangers in a strange land set-up way too mechanistic!

Wild Things, Mad Dog and Glory, and Charlie''s Angels are three. Oh, and Ghostbusters III will be a fourth - Murray should have stood his ground.

The ''has there ever been a bad Bill Murray film'' was a quote from Mark Kermode when he was reviewing Life Aquatic (which is superb) and I''d struggle to think of any. Love the guy.Obviously Caddyshack is right up there! [:)]

None of them are really Bill Murray films though, Pete... they''re more poor films with him in as a supporting actor.  When he''s carrying a film himself he''s quite often brilliant and only ever average at worst....