Pre-season Worthy was on the back page of the Evening News telling us Jarvis was ready to make an impact this season - so far he hasn''t even put him on the bench. What is that about?

I think Jarvis looks like a real talent (unlike Hendo) and I would like to see him come off the bench a couple of times at least just to see if he''s up to it or not. Its a bit annoying really...especially when we haven''t been exactly deadly in front of goal.

Given how shot shy we''ve been I think giving Jarvis a run out might be a master stroke. Imagine if the youngster came off the bench to score our first winner! However, although I don''t like seeing hendo on the wing, he is another who should be given a chance in his prefered position.

I agree the bloke has ability - I posted in May that he was our our young prodigy and so didnt need Bentley as Ryan had the potential to do just as well.

There are still at least 8 weeks before another player can be signed and I hope that worthy is just giving the current strikers a few games to show that they are good enough.

However with all 3 1st team strikers starting I am want to see Ryan make the bench to see if he can have an impact at the latter end of games before being given the chance to start. Come Dec the call for him may be too big to resist.

OTBC

I don''t see the harm in letting go somewhere local (Colchester, Peterborough, Cambridge etc) on loan for a month or two.  Even if we had an injury crisis I don''t think he''d make the bench.  What''s the harm?

Jarvis just had shingles recently though didn''t he? quite an unpleasant illness I''m led to believe and one that takes 3-5 weeks to get over, not to mention possible effects afterwards.

Presumably he''s training again, but I doubt he''s up to match fitness. Still, aside from that I think what with the budget we''ve got to spend in January, we''d neevr get anyone as good as him, so he''s worth a try.

Course, what we really need is a big target man who can hold the ball up and make us a threat at set pieces. When was the last time we scored from a corner or a free kick eh? Everyone seems to except us.

I am going to the reserves on wednesday so I will be able to give you a true unbiased view of Jarvis, Mulryne, Safri, Brennan, McVeigh, Shackell and Doherty.

Isn''t it amazing how it is always the blokes that are not playing who are the answer to our problems.  It was Leon, then Matty, then Helveg, now Safri, Bentley, Mulryne and Jarvis.

Don''t you think there is a reason why people who aren''t in the team aren''t in the team.  I presume Worthy spends all week with them and doesn''t just see them for 90 mintues once a fortnight, but what does he know!

I don''t know why I bother as a post from me usually means the end of any thread.......be it old, new, interesting or full of non-sense, "spells" and apologies.

Funnily enough we''ve been able to see most of the games so far, (though only the Man City in November) - we get a good 5 or six Premier games a weekend - not bad. I managed to get to a couple of games when I was back a about a month ago too, so I''m not too far off the pace.

I suppose I''d forgotten about the corner against Everton, admittedly and probably many others, but the point is that we rarely score from set pieces - I don''t think anyone could deny that.

As for Jarvis, I''m sure Worthy has some justification for keeping him out of the line up, but although Henderson seems keen enough, I still find it hard to believe that he can get on the pitch and Jarvis can''t. Time will come when a chance has to be taken on him, or we''ll never know how good he really is.

It was lucky Moyes played Rooney against Arsenal when he did or we might still be relying on Heskey up front for England, remember.

I''ve seen Crystal Palace 3x recently and they are playing with 2 19-year olds. If you''re good enough you''re old enough (Shackell, Jarvis).

Either (a) our youngsters are not good enough or (b) their manager has more sense than our manager.

Discuss!!!!!!!!!!

OTBC - now''s your chance..............

BBB''z

If they''re good enough, they''re old enough... that''s damn right!!

We have to give the younger players a chance for sure, I mean why do we have our "little upstart bootcamp" programs... to bring through the younger players... but if they''re crap... then we have to deal with them (sack em, sell em... whatever)...

But not hendo... once Hendo settles in and puts his head down, I reckon he''ll be a hell of a player for the "big" team... He''s got alot of spark, but just needs the experience... the chance for his game to mature...

Doesn''t anyone else out there like hendo anymore ????? Ok this thread may well be about who stole the "jarvo"... but what about hendo henderson....??????? All i''ve been reading lately is "hendo is crap, hendo is this, that"!!! But I think he is the next Green and Yellow pele...

well... perhaps that''s pushing it a little... Just my thoughts...

This is the ''Save the Hendo" petition... anyone else like to sign!!!