Sign in to follow this  
James Kent

Not such a bad night!

I know a lot of us are dissapointed about dropping into the relegation zone, but I don''t think we have such a bad evening. Yes, Barnsley, Doncaster and Watford all won. However, Plymouth lost again and Burnley had a tough game against Coventry, so won''t be that fresh for Saturday!Overall I think it will be Plymouth, who goes down, so this was the most important result.

[quote user="Jim Kent"]I know a lot of us are dissapointed about dropping into the relegation zone, but I don''t think we have such a bad evening. Yes, Barnsley, Doncaster and Watford all won. However, Plymouth lost again and Burnley had a tough game against Coventry, so won''t be that fresh for Saturday!

Overall I think it will be Plymouth, who goes down, so this was the most important result.
[/quote]

This is a dry joke right?

[quote user="Jim Kent"]I know a lot of us are dissapointed about dropping into the relegation zone, but I don''t think we have such a bad evening. Yes, Barnsley, Doncaster and Watford all won. However, Plymouth lost again and Burnley had a tough game against Coventry, so won''t be that fresh for Saturday!

Overall I think it will be Plymouth, who goes down, so this was the most important result.
[/quote]

. . . . . . dee dum dee dum, always look on the bright side of life, dee dum dee dum !

[/quote]

would be great if it was just plymouth but last time I looked 3 teams are relegated!!

I have the eerie feeling it''s going to go down to the last game of the season.  Hopefully we can do a reversal of the ''Fulham'' situation and get the win we need.  It''s batton down the hatches time.OTBC!!

[quote user="Jim Kent"]I know a lot of us are dissapointed about dropping into the relegation zone, but I don''t think we have such a bad evening. Yes, Barnsley, Doncaster and Watford all won. However, Plymouth lost again and Burnley had a tough game against Coventry, so won''t be that fresh for Saturday!Overall I think it will be Plymouth, who goes down, so this was the most important result.[/quote]sure jimbo - apart from confirming we''re in the fight of our lives now - the only glimmer of hope for saturday - is that indeed coventry and burnley slogged it out on a heavy northern pitch -and so hopefully burnley will be lacklustre come saturday - we must put our fresher legs to good use and start well...and i suspect coventry will be playing blackburn in the cup next week - leaving them less than fresh for saturday week...make no mistake - if we cannot push home our advantages over these 2 teams and get good points on the board - then we will deserve to go down - simple as...i mean watford beat swansea last night in the same sitaution we now find ourselves in---if they could win - then surely so must we!!!

My big worry, which was emphasised again by last night, is that, while Barnsley can pull a good away win out of the bag, and Watford end Swansea''s 16 game unbeaten run, we, with the exception of the Wolves game, seem incapable since Christmas of pulling off a result which overturns the form book.

If we are going to beat the drop we have to get away from the bunker mentality which still seems to exist in the dressing room even after the change of manager, and results in the same old "we played really well, the lads gave their all, we should have had a penalty, we were really unlucky" post match excuses. It is a cliche, but in football, as in much else in life, you make your own luck and we need to start producing results, not justifications for near misses. Burnley are knackered after a large number of additional cup games with a small squad and we must beat them on Saturday.No excuses.