Sign in to follow this  
The Horse

Thinking about getting World.

Is it worth it? I''ve got a season ticket but usually watch the highlights several times after a game and at £3.99 it doesn''t seem too bad?

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Don''t bother getting it if you have a Mac like me, it doesn''t work!
[/quote]

It should do star, have you contacted them at CW?

Do any of your mates subscribe? If so, just use their details. It works fine and multiple users can sign in at the same time!

[quote user="canarytom"]Do any of your mates subscribe? If so, just use their details. It works fine and multiple users can sign in at the same time![/quote]

Really? In that case, I''ll pay a bit towards it and share membership? [;)]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]Don''t bother getting it if you have a Mac like me, it doesn''t work![/quote]

It should do star, have you contacted them at CW?

[/quote]I didn''t think that was the case Wiz, because of the DRM on the feeds it only works with computers running Windows, which is the same for a few things on the net, and it says so in the T & C''s as well.  I may be wrong, but it''s the whole reason I haven''t bought CW while I''ve been at uni!

[quote user="BarclayChuck"]Thanks for the help guys! Much appreciated. I think I''ll get it when I get home tonight.[/quote]

Just make windows media player your default player Chuck, then click on the Library tab at the top and set the modem speed to highest setting

I assume you have broadband.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="canarytom"]Do any of your mates subscribe? If so, just use their details. It works fine and multiple users can sign in at the same time![/quote]

Really? In that case, I''ll pay a bit towards it and share membership? [;)]

[/quote]

Deal. I''ll just pay for it all and you can take a few quid off something on our next away day [;)]

[quote user="canarytom"]Yep, 3 of us, possibly more, use his sign-in details but he picks up the tab![/quote]Before you come up with this plan, are you lot sure you can sign in with the same details at the same time, say if you''re listening to a match?  It would kind of scupper your plans.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="canarytom"]Yep, 3 of us, possibly more, use his sign-in details but he picks up the tab![/quote]

Before you come up with this plan, are you lot sure you can sign in with the same details at the same time, say if you''re listening to a match?  It would kind of scupper your plans.
[/quote]

I can hear the sound of loopholes being closed as we post.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="canarytom"]Yep, 3 of us, possibly more, use his sign-in details but he picks up the tab![/quote]

Before you come up with this plan, are you lot sure you can sign in with the same details at the same time, say if you''re listening to a match?  It would kind of scupper your plans.
[/quote]

It does work. I have logged in at the same time as both bristol and cottaging

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

I can hear the sound of loopholes being closed as we post.

[/quote]

I hope not! I am beginning to regret openning my mouth now!

If you get to go to the matches and live in the region to pick up Radio Norfolk for the away games I see very little point in it.  I only get it for the commentary as I live in the North East so can''t pick it up on a radio and the BBC is blocked during match days which I find disgraceful as I''ve paid a TV licence but that’s a separate argument entirely!  That’s not to mention the technical difficulties that I seem to suffer on a regular occurrence and the fact that you are usually guaranteed to miss at least a couple of halves each season when they stream the wrong game or simple don''t stream anything!Wiz, how you can say its a decent message board is beyond me, the software is awful, its the reason I left and primarily use this one now.  The fact you have to scroll across horizontally on a post to read it all is quite frankly unacceptable in this day and age, especially on 24" monitor running at 1900x1200!I know I''ve had a rant about how bad it is must seem a bit hypocritical as I''ve had it for about 6 years, but they are a monopoly (boy do they abuse that) and I have no alternative if I wish to not watch the match on Ceefax!PS.  The video highlights on the Virgin Media site are free to view and are usually the same as the un-extended ones.

[quote user="Christov"]If you get to go to the matches and live in the region to pick up Radio Norfolk for the away games I see very little point in it.  I only get it for the commentary as I live in the North East so can''t pick it up on a radio and the BBC is blocked during match days which I find disgraceful as I''ve paid a TV licence but that’s a separate argument entirely!  

That’s not to mention the technical difficulties that I seem to suffer on a regular occurrence and the fact that you are usually guaranteed to miss at least a couple of halves each season when they stream the wrong game or simple don''t stream anything!

Wiz, how you can say its a decent message board is beyond me, the software is awful, its the reason I left and primarily use this one now.  The fact you have to scroll across horizontally on a post to read it all is quite frankly unacceptable in this day and age, especially on 24" monitor running at 1900x1200!

I know I''ve had a rant about how bad it is must seem a bit hypocritical as I''ve had it for about 6 years, but they are a monopoly (boy do they abuse that) and I have no alternative if I wish to not watch the match on Ceefax!

PS.  The video highlights on the Virgin Media site are free to view and are usually the same as the un-extended ones.
[/quote]

All I do Christov is right hand click on a paticular thread, select ''open in new tab'' and the new tab page fits!

Thanks Wiz I may give that a try, although last time I was there (about 2 years ago!) it was dead, I think everybody had left and gone else where.

I subscribed yesterday and I''m quite impressed. The commentary and highlights will be very handy for away games. Dont know why it''s taken see so long to do it really. How quickly do the match highlights get put up?

[quote user="Georgie Bless"]I subscribed yesterday and I''m quite impressed. The commentary and highlights will be very handy for away games. Dont know why it''s taken see so long to do it really. How quickly do the match highlights get put up?[/quote]

It varies Georgie, Wolves are up now, but no sign of the 15-20 minute highlights of that game as they often do.

I had it before I moved to beccles, but now Broadband speed a lot slower, hence no longer works I think you need over 2gb, and I''m not sure if Ican buy something to speed it up 

I have had world for years and it really is a life-saver for me being exiled 185miles away when i''m at home.It is a bit irritating that it is a monopoly and there is not really an option if you want the commentary.I primarily use it for commentary although i often watch the highlights too - they are normally up on a monday evening from a Saturday game and it varies for mid-week games but usually within 48hours.The commentary is fairly good, and having World also means you can listen to any other games that are being played - I often use this on an evening for background noise, if we aren''t playing.