Sign in to follow this  
7rew

Gloabally - Loans over half of all transfers.

Today (deadline day) according to the BBC there were 65 transfers between clubs of which 38 are loan deals.

Excluding the premiership the figures are: 43 transfers, 23 loans, 10 free transfers, 9 Undisclosed fees and 1 disclosed fee. ( Jim McNulty [Stockport - Brighton] £150,000 )

I just wanted these figures recorded somewhere for future reference.  The same figures for the entire transfer window will follow in this thread when I have time.  Note figures from BBC website and counted by find and replace in word.

What this says about Norwich''s transfer dealing over the last month is, of course, open to intepretation.

You beat me to it. I had just done exactly the same maths. (except I used an excel spreadsheet, using the text to columns funct......its not important)

We moan about loans, but I think that the fact that no one has any money (football clubs, banks, car makers....everyone) means that no one is game to overspend on players.

I''m not a board apologist, but I don''t blame them for penny pinching a little in this transfer window. Plus, they do appear to - for the short term at least - improved the squad, which given our current league position, should be the priority.

OK: For the whole window there were 366 transfers.

195 Loans (53.3%)

48 Free Transfers between clubs (13.1%)

25 from unattached. (6.8%)

85 Undisclosed Fees (23.2%)

and 13 disclosed fees. (3.5%)

This is all clubs not just the football league.

Thanks.Could you also supply the figures for how many of those clubs that''ve signed loanees have their own players?

What are we? Your personal statistician?

You want to know bad enough, you find out.

For the record, I agree we have too many loan players. This is a problem. But, my point is that I don''t think this transfer window is the time to be fixing that problem, given that the world is broke (a bit of an exaduration, but you get the point).

Plus, the bigger problem of the league table is a much higher priority.

The stats of the loan to perm signing ratio for this transfer window suggests that all clubs are feeling the stress and are wary about paying inflated January prices for signings in the current financial climate.

The board should be held accountable for many things, but I don''t think the state of the global economy is one of them.

A lot of the transfers, like the Bell one, or the Keane one seem to suggest that they won''t hit clubs as much as it looks like, as they are either former players still being paid off, or payment plans being transferred to a different club (i.e. probably us ith Bell, for arguements sake, us paying 150k a year for 2 years with 1 initial payment maybe became us getting £200k, and Coventry taking the pay plan on. Don''t quote me, just speculating, please don''t get the wrong idea, i get enough jip from people not understanding the word speculate...).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/7863963.stm

I don''t have time to go through the whole window, but on the silliness of deadline day, of the 17 permanent transfers that had a fee, only 2 fees where made public.

Robbie Keane [Liverpool - Tottenham] £12m

Jim McNulty [Stockport - Brighton] £150,000

[quote user="shyster"]Thanks.Could you also supply the figures for how many of those clubs that''ve signed loanees have their own players?[/quote]100% no club in the entire football league owns no players.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]A lot of the transfers, like the Bell one, or the Keane one seem to suggest that they won''t hit clubs as much as it looks like, as they are either former players still being paid off, or payment plans being transferred to a different club (i.e. probably us ith Bell, for arguements sake, us paying 150k a year for 2 years with 1 initial payment maybe became us getting £200k, and Coventry taking the pay plan on. Don''t quote me, just speculating, please don''t get the wrong idea, i get enough jip from people not understanding the word speculate...).[/quote]Whats the difference between this and getting a lump sum up front. The difference in eventual income expenditure is the same.

[quote user="7rew"]

OK: For the whole window there were 366 transfers.

195 Loans (53.3%)

48 Free Transfers between clubs (13.1%)

25 from unattached. (6.8%)

85 Undisclosed Fees (23.2%)

and 13 disclosed fees. (3.5%)

This is all clubs not just the football league.

[/quote]So, in total, that''s 73.2% of transfers that did not involve actually buying a player for cash. I think we''ve actually been more ambitious than average, considering the current climate. I''m not pro-board, but I don''t think we''ve done too badly considering what''s available to us. The frustrating thing is that seeing as nobody seems to have much money to bolster their squads, and might consequently accept slightly lower bids for their players, just imagine what we could have achieved in this window with some proper investment.

As my old man always says.. ''there are lies, damn lies, and statistics''

For what it''s worth, my take on these figures would be;  26.7% of transfers commanded a typical transfer fee, disclosed or otherwise, between clubs. That''s basically 1 in 4.

Killen (Loan) - Gow (Loan) - Carney (Loan) - McDonald (Fee)

This is of course ignoring the Leijer deal, which just looks like a swap. I''d agree that we''re doing what we can at this moment in time. Although, Forrest, having come from the league below (and recently sacking there manager - involving a fee i guess - just like us) have apparently put in a bid for Crofty of £400K. We sold Bell and Eventguard yet I didn''t see us putting in any kid of bids like that.

I''d love to see us pull a draw out of the bag this eve. If we sneak a win I''ll be checking the calandar to make sure all this snow doesn''t mean it''s christmas again! We''re looking Okay so far under Gunn, let''s hope we can keep up this season, even string some decent results together, for a little bit more cheer! If we do, then in the summer it will be the time for the board to give the manager a decent amount of money to spend, to buy our own players, creating a squad - our squad - with depth ready for the season ahead. Then, and only then will it be worth using loans to enhance the team. not to bodge-it-and-scarper.

"We sold Bell and Eventguard yet I didn''t see us putting in any kid of bids like that"Think about it B Y and G .Loans cost as much as transfers these days when you take into account the following:-Loan feesAgents feesLegal FeesFees charged by Football League for loan deal to be agreed.VATPlayers wages whilst on loanPossible signing on feesPlayers (and his family) travel and hotel expensesthe list goes on and on......So all of that money received for Bell and eventguard and more has been well and truly spent.If we wanted to sign players, with the money we have got we would have signed one player (Cody is an exception - he''s was clearly dirt cheap)We needed several players, so loans are the answer. It''s a sad fact of life NCFC spends more than it receives in income. When that happens you go over drawn. If that keeps happening the bank asks you to repay your overdraft back to zero. This is when Delia and others put their own hands in their own pockets to make up the shortfall. If they didn''t we would be in League 2 or worse or your season ticket would need to be £1500 a year. Accept it, get over it and then go and support your team. OTBC !!

Now, you will have to allow for extreme boredom on my part, but here are the transfer breakdowns by club over the period since June 1st 2008.

_Club____________total_Loans_Freebies_Undisclosed_Known fees_value__ _

_Reading______ ___5__ _0___ _0_____ _4________ _1_________500,000__

_Swansea_______ _5__ _3___ _1_____ _0________ _1_________80,000___

_Bristol City____ _ _6__ _2___ _0_____ _2________ _2_________2,390,000_

_Nottingham Forest_6__ _3___ _1_____ _1________ _1_________1,140,000_

_Sheff Utd________8__ _3___ _0_____ _3________ _2_________2,330,000_

_Burnley________ _9__ _1___ _3_____ _3________ _2_________1,500,000_

_Coventry_______ _9__ _1___ _3_____ _3________ _2_________1,700,000_

_Wolves__________9__ _2___ _0_____ _7________ _0_________0_______

_Ipswich________ _9__ _3___ _2_____ _4________ _0_________0_______

_Preston________ _9__ _4___ _1_____ _4________ _0_________0_______

_Birmingham______9__ _6___ _1_____ _1________ _1_________nominal _

_Sheff Weds_____ _9__ _6___ _2_____ _0________ _1_________nominal _

_Cardiff__________10_ _4___ _4_____ _1________ _1_________300,000__

_Derby_________ _11_ _3___ _4_____ _1________ _3_________2,500,000_

_QPR____________11_ _4___ _1_____ _6________ _0_________0_______

_Watford_________11_ _9___ _1_____ _1________ _0_________0_______

_Doncaster______ _12_ _3___ _5_____ _3________ _1_________300,000__

_Crystal Palace____12_ _4___ _3_____ _5________ _0_________0_______

_Southampton_____12_ _5___ _6_____ _1________ _0_________0_______

_Charlton_______ _12_ _9___ _0_____ _2________ _1_________tribunal__

_Plymouth________13_ _5___ _3_____ _4________ _1_________250,000__

_Barnsley_______ _14_ _8___ _1_____ _4________ _1_________1,200,000_

_Norwich_________19_ _13__ _2_____ _4________ _0_________0_______

_Blackpool________21_ _13__ _4_____ _4________ _0_________0_______

Bet not a lot of people knew that Blackpool have had the same number of loans as us.  They were/are:

Alan Gow, Charlie Adam, DJ Campbell, Graeme Owens, Graham Stack, Krisztian Nemeth, Mo Camara, Paul Marshall, Roy O''Donovan, Steve Kabba, Zesh Rehman, Lee Hendrie, Adam Hammill

Hucks96

I agree chap, it''s the way things are, just an interesting point regarding Forrest imo. And more importantly for all those whinging about the loans, the figures show we''re in the same boat as everyone else. I''m sure we can all agree as much as we see the necessity for loans, particularly at present, we all want a few more of our ''own'' players come the start of next season. But right here and now, I think the loans players we have currently will help us hugely.

''Accept it, get over it and then go and support your team''

Have done, will do, always will my man.