Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

We need someone who can do THIS....

On this very forum, but i had never endeavoured to pursue the topic.I am talking about Justin Fashanu''s goal vs Liverpool which I have just seen for the first time courtesy of youtube.It is a bit of canary folklore i had not been particularly bothered about viewing before - I mean we have all seen hundreds of good goals over the years.This one is very special, and seeing it from a player in the Yellow and Green was amazing....This is exactly what we need at the moment, we don''t have a player with any real ability to create a chance for himself, to conjure a goal from nowhere......That is something we have lacked for a long time - arguably Paul Mcveigh was the last protaganist in canary colours....If you are too young to have seen this goal then i suggest you look it up - I would post a link but unfortunately youtube is banned in Turkey where i am currently living (There are a few videos criticizing Ataturk on there or something) so have to go through a proxy servery thing and it slows everything down - quicker to find it yourselves - just search Justin Fashanu and up it comes!

haha - oops changed the title and forgot to edit my opening gambit!!obviously the Pinkun Forum does not need somebody who can do that!! but NCFC desperately does!!IT was meant to read "this has been discussed numerous times....on this very forum...

Ah yes, such heady days.  If I remember correctly it was "goal of the season" but I can''t remember if it was BBC''s or ITV''s award.

[quote user="Scooby"]Ah yes, such heady days.  If I remember correctly it was "goal of the season" but I can''t remember if it was BBC''s or ITV''s award.[/quote]

BBC. They played it so much I''m amazed that the videotape survived!

We had a player who could to this inthe premier league once...

Oddly enough, that''s one of only about two goals that I can remember him scoring for us!

[quote user="AJ"]We had a player who could to this inthe premier league once...

Oddly enough, that''s one of only about two goals that I can remember him scoring for us!
[/quote]

Not far off AJ.  He scored 5 in total.