Sign in to follow this  
Tumbleweed

Can Arsenal cancel Bentley's loan?

The question is self evident, but if Viera does go to Real Madrid as rumoured, I was just wondering whether this would affect their view on the midfield and whether they can terminate the loan and bring back Bentley. That would potentially be a big blow for us. Anyone know how these loans are structured?

It depends if there is a clause in his contract that he can be recalled by Arsenal. I think you''ll find that he spends the entire season on loan to us though. You''ve gotta remember we are doing Arsenal a favour by giving their future star regular first team football.

Vieira will not be allowed to leave Highbury without Arsenal having a replacement which sounds like it could be Maniche. Bentley is a totally different player to Vieira.

I can''t believe that Arsenil will sell Viera for umpteen million quid and then replace him or even need to with an untried potential star. They will just buy Pele''s nephew as they are ina totally different league to us in the cash stakes.
He will want to stay here anyway as our football will be far superior

I hope they can''t but I do remember loanees being recalled before although I think that''s because of injuries. With Parlour also gone I just hope they do indeed sign someone else rather than invoke any such clause.

Don''t think Arsene will do it, honestly I think Bentley will become a Norwich player in next season...

Its in the terms (clause) in the Loan agreement

So if we signed him for a season then they cant call him back

BUT if arsenal put the option to call him back in the terms of the loan deal then they can...

Hmm, I think we''d be due some compensation should they do it.

Also, I think the clause has to do with losing players through injury, not through selling them. And considering Bentley plays upfront or on the wings, Vieira leaving should have no bearing on his loan to Norwich.

Hmm, its not as if Arsenal have a threadbare squad now is it?! They''ll have another full international waiting to step into that position!

He can only be recalled if he has a cluasue on his contract saying that he can but i feel that there is so i will say that he can''t.