Sign in to follow this  
NCFC_Edward

Simon Lappin

Surely he deserves another chance. I saw him play for the reserves against Arsenal, and he was amazin.

Also this chap has a quality delivery nd a great free kick ability, (anyone remember the free kick against luton?)

Roeders treatment of a player (Lappin) who has produced the goods for us in the past, preferring instead to use crappy loan players not as good has been disgusting and bewildering!

Lappin isn''t a great player but he would of added something to our squad no doubt, but then again at times I think my mother may of done the same!

This a club that some like to ram down your throat about not having 2 pennies to rub together and yet we''re paying Lappins wages to just train and then we''ve got Bertrand on loan whos not good enough to be in the team!

He has been pants in the past, infact a waste of space, but the way the team has been playing of late, he should have been given a chance by now.

did you hear that patronising **** roeder when asked about lappin post match ? "simons trained very well and deserved his place on the bench "  like he was some 15 year old  promoted from the youth team for the day [:D]

Found it interesting that Lappin was on the bench today, maybe Glenn is having to concede a few things in order to keep his job? The board must surely disaprove of him blatently turning a blind eye to Lappin...

[quote user="Hoof it to Hoolahan"]Found it interesting that Lappin was on the bench today, maybe Glenn is having to concede a few things in order to keep his job? The board must surely disaprove of him blatently turning a blind eye to Lappin...[/quote]

or we''re struggling to field 18 players

No, I think that he is that short of pros, that he had no choice, if had another few more players, then he would not have been on there.

I don''t think Roeder actually loves/hates any particular players. He has decided an order of preference for each position & Lappin''s only viable position (left midfield) has about 3 others in front of him.I doubt he played Arturo yesterday because of fan pressure. He has a pretty rigid mind-set when deciding his team - he''s not the sort to go on ''gut instinct'', much more do-it-by-numbers, trying to take as many different factors into account as possible. Unfortunately it''s manifestly not working at the moment.

i would still love Lappin to play, score, then run past the dugout and show Roeder a T-shirt that says "I saved your job, now kiss my Arris!" lol!

jas :)

i no hes not been the greastest player to play for norwich,

bt he has got talent on the ball,

his goals againts luton nd cardiff were quality, something were lacking right now!

Lappin was capped for Scotland at U16; U18 and U21 level. He can play football and he''s not even 26 until the end of this month. But his tackling is not good enough to be a full time LB and I think he knows it. From The Daily Record Feb 2008:

Lappin doesn''t believe Roeder has seen the best of him.  He said: "It was unlucky for me that Glenn came into the club when we had an injury crisis and I was asked to play his first three games as a makeshift left-back. " ... He added: "I hope Glenn sends people to monitor me and I hope I can play for Motherwell in my preferred position in midfield. "I won''t be put off by the thought of a spy in the stand because I''ve been used to playing in front of 25,000 people at Norwich.

But having bought in the left sided Pattison and bolstered the midfield generally, openings for him may be few and probably non-existent under GR. Injuries can happen at anytime - and even team captains can be dropped (well occasionally): it is plain pig stupid not to try and keep Lappin match fit with the occasional substitute''s appearance. And he did score whilst at Motherwell - one of them when they won against Celtic!