Sign in to follow this  
Lurd

Do you trust the current board to appoint a new manager?

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Larry David"]

Given their track record of failure, what makes you all think that if GR is sacked (unlikely in my opinion), that they will bring someone in who will actually take this club forward?

Their only good appointment was Worthington and I believe that came by luck rather an informed opinion.

[/quote]

Why do they have a track record of failure? Norwich have been a second division side for most of our history, nothing has changed. And before everyone starts moaning that its fans like me who are ruining this club, I''m just pointing out the facts, obviously I want us to be in the top flight, but it''s not going to happen until we get investment.
Due to the financial situation we were in after Chase left, I think it was actually an achievement for Norwich not to get relegated through the leagues, especially when we had to sell all of our big players. Also Glenn Roeder wasn''t a bad appointment, you lot may not like him now (and I don''t like his arrogance) but he did a magnificent job last season, and at one point people were talking about a late surge into the play offs, people have forgotten that already, some people really do have short term memorys.
[/quote]

I don''t take our current mediocrety as the norm and I don''t think clubs muych smaller than us would either other than clubs reaching the Championship for the 1st time in their history!

Glen Roeder(nowhere) did his job last year by keeping us up but that was only due to the long unbeaten run after he came in which was a case of ''new manager'' syndrome - the players suddenly finding form in order to impress the new manager, exactly the same as the season before with another equally inept but at least decent person, Grant. I feel that whoever we appointed last year could of achieved a similar thing!

From last January onwards his many bad moves have totally nullified his few good moves. We could of got in the play offs last season but Roeder p*ssed about with some rubbish loan players who wern''t good enough and changed a winning team to include them. so while he did keep us up it could of been much better!

You don''t see clubs like Barnsley, Blackpool, Plymouth and others who''ve probably got a smaller budget than us constantly on about how their lack of funds hold them back - they just get on with things and happen to do better than us!

All in all the stats say it all and analysis of his moves comes to the same conclusion - Glen Roeder wasn''t a good appointment!

Roeder out!

[quote user="John Boubepo"][quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Larry David"]

Given their track record of failure, what makes you all think that if GR is sacked (unlikely in my opinion), that they will bring someone in who will actually take this club forward?

Their only good appointment was Worthington and I believe that came by luck rather an informed opinion.

[/quote]Why do they have a track record of failure? Norwich have been a second division side for most of our history, nothing has changed. And before everyone starts moaning that its fans like me who are ruining this club, I''m just pointing out the facts, obviously I want us to be in the top flight, but it''s not going to happen until we get investment. Due to the financial situation we were in after Chase left, I think it was actually an achievement for Norwich not to get relegated through the leagues, especially when we had to sell all of our big players. Also Glenn Roeder wasn''t a bad appointment, you lot may not like him now (and I don''t like his arrogance) but he did a magnificent job last season, and at one point people were talking about a late surge into the play offs, people have forgotten that already, some people really do have short term memorys. [/quote]We avoided relegation by one game,  if we had lost our last home game against QPR we would have been relegated, that''s how close it was, I don''t consider that a magnificent job. Luckily enough for GR, Grants old squad pulled together for the first couple of months and got some points on the board, since then it''s been downhill and Norwich have been in the bottom third for almost the entirety

[/quote]Grants old squad pulled together for the first couple of months?? Nothing to do with Martin Taylor, Ched Evans, Mo Camara and Matty Pattison then. And for Norwich to avoid relegation last season was a magnificent achievement, or were you always confident that when we were bottom of the league, playing some of the worst football ever seen at Carrow Road, that Grant would get us out of the mess? Because he would have got us relegated without a doubt. Surely you cannot be so blind to see that Roeder did a good job last season?

[quote user="we8wba"]is that who you want nutty steve tilson? not bad shout to be honest[/quote]

No... like Wiz said it''s who he wants. I don''t see much point of changing manager at this stage. Football is certainly a funny old game now and I guess Glen Roeders season is very much work in progress. We can but hope he has a plan and has used his contacts to bring in players this month. If we sack him now any new manager wouldn''t be appointed until too late to make a difference this month and I think it would be disasterous. I still live in hope Roeder can turn this season round, mainly because I don''t have an alternative hope.

As for who I would want, before Roeder was appointed I thought Calderwood could be a good choice so it shows how much I know. But to be fair fans are not good at picking managers. Not many wanted Stringer, Walker or Worthington when they were appointed but they turned out ok. Did you want Mick McCarthy  when he was appointed?

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Larry David"]

[/quote]

Why do they have a track record of failure? Norwich have been a second division side for most of our history, nothing has changed. And before everyone starts moaning that its fans like me who are ruining this club, I''m just pointing out the facts, obviously I want us to be in the top flight, but it''s not going to happen until we get investment.
Due to the financial situation we were in after Chase left, I think it was actually an achievement for Norwich not to get relegated through the leagues, especially when we had to sell all of our big players. Also Glenn Roeder wasn''t a bad appointment, you lot may not like him now (and I don''t like his arrogance) but he did a magnificent job last season, and at one point people were talking about a late surge into the play offs, people have forgotten that already, some people really do have short term memorys.
[/quote]

Your having a laugh mate, a mad few said that, the rest of us just thanked our lucky stars that we stayed up,we are well on the way to relegation this year,and we need to change the manager now, the board are the biggest problem but there is more chance of us getting promoted than the Delia puppet show leaving.What a pathetic state this club has got in and only the board can answer why they have let it get to this.

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="John Boubepo"][quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Larry David"]

[/quote]Why do they have a track record of failure? Norwich have been a second division side for most of our history, nothing has changed. And before everyone starts moaning that its fans like me who are ruining this club, I''m just pointing out the facts, obviously I want us to be in the top flight, but it''s not going to happen until we get investment. Due to the financial situation we were in after Chase left, I think it was actually an achievement for Norwich not to get relegated through the leagues, especially when we had to sell all of our big players. Also Glenn Roeder wasn''t a bad appointment, you lot may not like him now (and I don''t like his arrogance) but he did a magnificent job last season, and at one point people were talking about a late surge into the play offs, people have forgotten that already, some people really do have short term memorys. [/quote]We avoided relegation by one game,  if we had lost our last home game against QPR we would have been relegated, that''s how close it was, I don''t consider that a magnificent job. Luckily enough for GR, Grants old squad pulled together for the first couple of months and got some points on the board, since then it''s been downhill and Norwich have been in the bottom third for almost the entirety

[/quote]Grants old squad pulled together for the first couple of months?? Nothing to do with Martin Taylor, Ched Evans, Mo Camara and Matty Pattison then. And for Norwich to avoid relegation last season was a magnificent achievement, or were you always confident that when we were bottom of the league, playing some of the worst football ever seen at Carrow Road, that Grant would get us out of the mess? Because he would have got us relegated without a doubt. Surely you cannot be so blind to see that Roeder did a good job last season?[/quote]He did the job I expected any incoming manager to do - Lift a mid-table standard team away from relegation, I honestly don''t think that was some kind of miracle.I''m not trying to kid myself, Norwich were and still are mid-table standard. Under GR we are unable to even achieve that position in the league, except for the initial string of results, GR seems incapable of lifting Norwich out of the bottom third, despite bringing in 22 players during his tenure