Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

If we can't beat Charlton next week.

Just to take this thread back to the debate of good/losing vs bad/winning football.Last year some research was done to see if fans were happier consistently winning, playing crap football (like Stoke) or playing nice football, but losing (like Spurs?).The result was overwhelming in the end - fans prefer winning.  Simple as.  If you''re consistently winning, then the fans are willing to forgive all sorts of sins.  The key to it is consistency - fans will not forgive poor football unless you are consistently winning.  Fans will also forgive the odd loss if you play attractive football week in and week out.Sadly this is academic for City as we don''t fall into either of those camps.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

That''s two of you then.

How many more on here want results and don''t care how we get them?

[/quote]

me.. whats the point of taking part if you''re not going to win?

i''d take Stoke style football like a shot if it meant promotion!

lets be honest who really would give a hoot how we played if we all got to stand outside city hall again celebrating our heroes?

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

That''s two of you then.

[/quote]

lets be honest who really would give a hoot how we played if we all got to stand outside city hall again celebrating our heroes?

[/quote]

Well I still think it''s a case of "the grass is always greener" Jas. Be honest mate, when we had that run of winning games under Worthy how many were saying they still wanted him out and they''d be more likely to accept mid-table if we were passing the ball instead of hoofball. Some people just like a good moan ya know [:O]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]After watching Charlton nearly beat Derby last night, I''m quite concerned about Saturday now, agreed?[/quote]

The thing is,Wiz, I really fancied us to win at Watford after the scum performance. The reason that sides are at the bottom (like us) is that they aren''t consistent.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]After watching Charlton nearly beat Derby last night, I''m quite concerned about Saturday now, agreed?[/quote]

Did they play well then Wiz [:^)]

That''s two of you then.

[/quote]

Would sooner have repect than results, though results obviously wouldnt go amiss every now and then. Every Wolves, Watford, Reading, even Ipswich fan in the land now see us a force to be reckoned with. We are slowly lifting the laughing stock image we have had for the last three seasons. How we get are results and how we play is of the utmost importance to me.

Derby are not exactly a powerhouse are they? Further, if "nearly" counted for anything then Norwich would have several points more than we do.

[quote user="thecanaryfan"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

That''s two of you then.

[/quote]

Would sooner have repect than results, though results obviously wouldnt go amiss every now and then. Every Wolves, Watford, Reading, even Ipswich fan in the land now see us a force to be reckoned with. We are slowly lifting the laughing stock image we have had for the last three seasons. How we get are results and how we play is of the utmost importance to me.

[/quote]

I agree. Yes, I want to see us winning, but we have a proud tradition of getting the ball down,passing and moving. Bryceland, Peters, Paddon,Crook et al were quality players who were a pleasure to watch.I don''t want to see Wimbledonesque behemoths punting the ball long, even if that means mid table status.We are Norwich, let''s play the Norwich way.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Then we''re seriously in the brown stuff!

Lets be honest here., the only reason we''re not in the bottom three is the other teams below us are crappier than City, we are going to come unstuck one week soon, when other results go against us, then maybe, just maybe, some ''blind'' fans will wake up as to just how poor this City side really is.

I just hope its not the Charlton game when this is discovered!.[:S]

[/quote]

did you expect us to THRASH wolves 5-2? did you expect us to smash scum 2-0 (should have been more) ? Wiz keep your mouth shut please and save your doom and gloom for when it is needed...

CT - [quote]Wiz keep your mouth shut please and save your doom and gloom for when it is needed..[/quote]

Here you go again, addressing your elders with utter disrespect.Bring back National Service I say.

Did they play well then Wiz [:^)]

[/quote]

I thought Charlton were awful and Derby even worse. The 2 players to worry about are Lloyd Sam who has pace and Bouazza who seems to get into decent positions. I think we will win well on Saturday (now waiting to be shot down for being positive)

I''ve enjoyed this season much more than last, primarily because we''re playing much better stuff. And I didn''t even go to the Wolves game. I think if Norwich played like Stoke, I would have given up on football a long time ago.

[quote user="CT "][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Lets be honest here., the only reason we''re not in the bottom three is the other teams below us are crappier than City, we are going to come unstuck one week soon, when other results go against us, then maybe, just maybe, some ''blind'' fans will wake up as to just how poor this City side really is.

[/quote]

did you expect us to THRASH wolves 5-2? did you expect us to smash scum 2-0 (should have been more) ? Wiz keep your mouth shut please and save your doom and gloom for when it is needed...

[/quote]

Thats twice now you''ve bad mouthed me CT..............so up yours pal![:|]

[quote user="CT "][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]sorry to say this but 1st wiz is right and how can you rant about two games CT we have played 23 won 6 drawn 5 lost 12 f 28 a 36 pts 23  and we are in 20 position ,wiz is right saying were not in the bottom 3 because the other teams below us are poor.

wake up people we are poor on and off the pitch.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Derby are not exactly a powerhouse are they?[/quote]

Is that the same Derby who done the double on us this season then Yankee?[:D]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Derby are not exactly a powerhouse are they?[/quote]

Is that the same Derby who done the double on us this season then Yankee?[:D]

[/quote]

Yes, it took them TWO games to outscore us 5-2. We did that to Wolves in ONE game. So what''s your point Wizard? Do you see how easy it is for each of us to refute a point made by anyone else. Same thing with the clubs in this division - anyone can beat anyone on a given day. Now if you''re going to respond to me why don''t you respond on both points I made; "Derby are not exactly a powerhouse are they? Further, if "nearly" counted for anything then Norwich would have several points more than we do."

Now, why don''t you stop spreading negative outlook at this time of year. Read the following from a professional footballer like Teddy Sheringham and see if you can get your head straight. Or at least your hat.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=602841&sec=england&cc=5739

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

That''s two of you then.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Please tell me you’re not being serious? Yes, it is about winning at the end of the day, but for me personally it’s about being entertained! You couldn’t pay me to go and see Stoke week in week out! I can handle defeat, it’s just a case of how we lose. There’s been more game this year when we’ve deserved to get more out of the game, than games when we’ve been awful.  For example, Birmingham and more recently Watford and Reading were game we should have got more out of. There haven’t been many QPR games when we could have carried on playing for another 90 minutes and we still wouldn’t have scored.

Hypothetically Jas, if you had to choose between a season ticket for Chelsea or Arsenal, which would you choose?