Sign in to follow this  
SuperWesIrishWizard

Lee Clark as manager?

We cant tarnish Lee Clark with Roeder''s brush.And before anybody says we can, just remember that Nigel Worthington was the assistant manager to Bryan Hamilton.When the club appointed Worthington it was the cheap option, it also worked. Maybe the right man for the job is already sitting on the right bench? We could give him a ''caretaker'' role, and see if he can get a few wins. If he doesn''t, then he goes soon.I think that seems like the way forward, he knows the players, he knows the staff.A completely new outlook without another Roeder-esque cleansing.

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"]We cant tarnish Lee Clark with Roeder''s brush.

And before anybody says we can, just remember that Nigel Worthington was the assistant manager to Bryan Hamilton.
[/quote]

Bryan Hamilton also had a staff role here under Rioch and look what happened to him? 1-1 I think!

Just some examples from recent years..

Sammy Lee at Bolton-crap

Carl Hutchings at Wigan and Bradford-crap

John Gorman at Swindon Crap

Steve Mclaren at England-crap

Glenn roeder at newcastle and West ham-need i say it???

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"]We cant tarnish Lee Clark with Roeder''s brush.And before anybody says we can, just remember that Nigel Worthington was the assistant manager to Bryan Hamilton.[/quote]

Bryan Hamilton also had a staff role here under Rioch and look what happened to him? 1-1 I think!

Sammy Lee at Bolton-crap

[/quote]Forgive me if I am wrong, but Bryan Hamilton actually had the title ''Director of Football'' which actually put him above Rioch in the heriarchy in some crazy way.I could also cite some successful ones though Arthur!Mike Walker - Promoted from Youth Team CoachNigel Worthington - Promoted from Assistant ManagerAidy Boothroyd - Leeds Coach to Watford ManagerAvram Grant - From Director of football to Chelsea managerJust a few off the top of my head.........

[quote user="thecanaryfan"]Right now I would have Basil Brush as manager so hell yeah.[/quote]

Difficult to say - has Clark lost the dressing room along with Roeder or do the players have respect for the former and would fair better without the inteference of the latter? One things certain and that is at least Clark is the familiar face in the technical area, a place that Roeder is strangely averse to - not so strange I hear people cry, because he can get a better view of the action from being up in the stand, which is nice considering he gets paid well to spectate whilst fans part with their hard earned to do the same.Is it true that Roeder sits in his car at Colney?

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[quote user="SuperWesIrishWizard"]We cant tarnish Lee Clark with Roeder''s brush.

And before anybody says we can, just remember that Nigel Worthington was the assistant manager to Bryan Hamilton.
[/quote]

Sammy Lee at Bolton-crap

[/quote]

Forgive me if I am wrong, but Bryan Hamilton actually had the title ''Director of Football'' which actually put him above Rioch in the heriarchy in some crazy way.

I could also cite some successful ones though Arthur!

Mike Walker - Promoted from Youth Team Coach
Nigel Worthington - Promoted from Assistant Manager
Aidy Boothroyd - Leeds Coach to Watford Manager
Avram Grant - From Director of football to Chelsea manager

Just a few off the top of my head.........
[/quote]

Walker and Worthy yes, grant and Bootroyd both got sacked this year didnt they?

would Roeder hire anyone other than a bloody yes man to work with him?

Id weep if clarke was appointed manager.... a rookie manager in a relegation fight? Watford have taken the risk.. we cant afford to.

jas :)

My info from Carrow Road suggest that Roeder is disliked by the players, finding him aloof and unapproachable. If this is the case, then he is finished.

Clarke IS liked by the players however. That said, I don''t think Clark is here for anything other than the short term. He is here to further his career and who can blame him?

If Clarke does go to Huddersfield as Manager, then surely this would be an ideal time for us to get shot of Roeder before he is allowed to bring in another assistant.Also, it would be one less to have to pay off the contract of.

[quote user="Jimmy Bone - Superstar"]If Clarke does go to Huddersfield as Manager, then surely this would be an ideal time for us to get shot of Roeder before he is allowed to bring in another assistant.
Also, it would be one less to have to pay off the contract of.
[/quote]

the Hud would also have to pay us compensation, so a little bit of money to pay roeder off or for January.. it wouldnt be much though.

jas :)

I dont see Clarke in the same mould as Roeder- in fact I think if anything he''s held it together because Roeder is so useless - without him I think Roeder will struggle even more and I really think it''s time for a change.  Roeder has no man management skills- that is so obvious the way he publicly slates individual players - he should look to Harry Redknap to see how you get the best out of a player.  What he has done at Tottenham in the last few weeks working with the same players proves that there are ways to get the best out of your players with a pat on the back - you don''t have to ball out players -I honestly believe that Roeder has lost the dressing room and the sooner he goes the better