Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

Was Cureton a panic buy at £800k?

trent - eastwood went to wolves matey [;)]

anways

i always thought that dave striker was strange signing didnt think it would work out but then he never really got a chance which i think he deserved to be honest

same breiller (where is he now by the way?) always good for hearts then i thought he be ace for you lot

[quote user="Lenny-boy"]

Real shame for Jamie lad, with no target man, our wee un will always struggle, no flicks or knock downs etc for him to feed off.

Confidence is rock bottom, and this season he and everyone else can see, his legs have gone, no pace.

When we sold him years ago I said it was a disgrace, he went on to score a lot of goals elsewhere.

[/quote]

Of course he didn''t make it easy for himself by doing his best impression of a statue when Chris Brown was breaking his neck to win flick ons only for Cureton to be standing still 20 yards away and making no effort to get in position.

He wasn''t good enough when we sold him and he still wasn''t good enough when we bought him back.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]And if his goals earn them 5 wins, thats 15 points to our rivals, smart move![:|][/quote]His goals haven''t earned us 5 wins in all the time he''s been here, I hardly think he''s suddenly going to turn it on and become a star striker knocking one in every 2 games.He''s over the hill, woefully short on confidence and was never really that good in the first place

[quote user="BIC"][quote user="1st Wizard"]And if his goals earn them 5 wins, thats 15 points to our rivals, smart move![:|][/quote]His goals haven''t earned us 5 wins in all the time he''s been here, I hardly think he''s suddenly going to turn it on and become a star striker knocking one in every 2 games.He''s over the hill, woefully short on confidence and was never really that good in the first place[/quote]Even if his goals do win them a couple of games, your suggested 500k could buy us a striker / midfielder / defender that equally wins us games in their own way.

[quote user="Lenny-boy"]

When we sold him years ago I said it was a disgrace, he went on to score a lot of goals elsewhere.

[/quote]

Obviously you never had to deal with him 10 years ago. The only time a bigger cheer went up from the staff to signal the departure of a player from Carra was Bellars.

Yes he was a very costly mistake - but just add him to a very long list of those over the past 4 years

The thing was that Earnshaw had gone and Grant was struggling to find anybody who wanted to to come to Norwich (other than his useless Scottish contingent...) Billy Sharp didn''t want to come (no great loss there), Luke Varney didn''t want to come (no great loss there either). Then there was this little lad at Colchester who released a number of articles to the press saying that he loves Norwich & would love to go back there. So I think it was basically a case of Jamie talking up a move for himself off the back off the season he had just had (and no doubt a bigger pay cheque than at Colchester) and the fact that Grant couldn''t attract any other strikers here..especially with the budget the board gave him. Lets face it you have just sold Earnie for £3.5m and the board give you say £1m to find a replacement. With out any contacts in the English game (other than West Ham where his mate Pardew had just been sacked) Grant was always going to struggling until Jamie (and no doubt his agent) talked up a move for himself...

Basically we needed a striker and there were very few other options..

Yes he was probably the worst striker we could have possibly bought for 800k! We signed him when he was 32 years old, how Cochester managed to receive 800k for him I will never know.