Sign in to follow this  
SuperWesIrishWizard

Bring back Spillane and Martin

If we really only had 16 players to choose from, plus Lappin who apparently doesnt count, then why the hell havent we recalled Spillane and Martin?Spillane has shown that he can do a job, Martin has shown that he knows where the net is.And yes, ideally we wouldnt have to play them, but surely we cant loan out two proffessionals and then moan that we dont have enough left at the club.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Because we can''t recall them.[/quote]I personally would rather we left them there, undisrupted, so they can continue to show us what they can do.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Because we can''t recall them.[/quote]Ok thanks, it was just a thought. Although I have to admit that I support Roeders decision to send them to Luton, just would call them back now if we could....

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Because we can''t recall them.[/quote]

I personally would rather we left them there, undisrupted, so they can continue to show us what they can do.
[/quote]

Bet both bail out when Luton drop into the Conference.[:|]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Because we can''t recall them.[/quote]

I personally would rather we left them there, undisrupted, so they can continue to show us what they can do.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Your point being???

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Because we can''t recall them.[/quote]I personally would rather we left them there, undisrupted, so they can continue to show us what they can do.[/quote]

[/quote]Think its in their contracts to do just that!

Still they''re really tearing up Division 4 aren''t they? Goal machine Chrissy Martin, the publican''s friend, has banged in, er, 2 league goals. And let no-one forget that without their points deductions the Invincibles have got a soaraway 19 points. Whereas Norwich City, the club that is in desperate need of a pair of big-headed tossers has a puny 20. I personally would rather we left them there because I''ve always hated Luton Town.

[quote user="Reg Presley"]Still they''re really tearing up Division 4 aren''t they? Goal machine Chrissy Martin, the publican''s friend, has banged in, er, 2 league goals. And let no-one forget that without their points deductions the Invincibles have got a soaraway 19 points. Whereas Norwich City, the club that is in desperate need of a pair of big-headed tossers has a puny 20. I personally would rather we left them there because I''ve always hated Luton Town.
[/quote]

Luton Fans are raving about both of them, I have spoken to several who said that they would have no chance without those two. Exactly how much research have you done into their performances, other than looking at a bunch of numbers? Ive seen three Luton games this season, and nobody has been able to stop Chris Martin, he looks like a Championship player in league two. Spillane has been very good two, in a game I watched recently he was pinging 60 yard balls out of his box to the feet of his wingers..... how we could do with a defence that could play balls like that.

I would tip both of them to make it in the championship. As for Rossi Jarvis, Luton fans consider him to be too lightweight, and McVeigh to be a massive dissapointment. Just to put it into perspective.

Then in that case Glenn got it spot on to put them into a difficult situation and to see what they can do, Martin appears to have bucked up his ideas and Spillane is discovering a bit of consistency.Fantastic news.