Sign in to follow this  
CanaryRyan

English Talk On NCFC!

I have a talk in my year 11 english lesson on friday and ive decided to pick NCFC as my subject! Just wondering if anyone had any interesting facts about our beloved club that i could use?

Cheers guys

[quote user="AndyJR"]Originally we were know as the ''Mustardmen'' - I rather like that nick-name.

[/quote]

Thats the sort of thing i want! Cheers Andy!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

then finish

in 1959  We reached a cup semi final. The club did not actually win anything, but we still celebrate it 50 years on. Indeed this year the club are selling limited edition shirts to those that can afford it (have no life), lest we should ever forget.

more recently, apart from a wonderful championship year, we have been rather poor and have managed to squander a years premiership money, plus two years of premiership payments,amd have plummetted deeper and deeper in debt, have employed poor managers, even poorer players and have inherited a board who have more skeletons ( i would guess ) that a certain Mr R. Chase.

on the plus side, if you wish to stay in a rather odd shaped hotel when visiting Carrow road, we do have an interest in one. We also have rather nice conference facilities and i am led to believe a restuarant or two.

We also have an average crowd of in excess of 24,000 who quite frankly deserve better than the current board are offering us.

Oldest football chant in the world. (Probably already know that)Famous people who support us include:Delia Smith (Hopefully)Simon Thomas (Former Blue Peter and Sky sports presenter)Stephen FryJake HumphriesHugh Jackman (Wolverine)Myleene KlassThe DarknessDavid FrostIt''s also rumoured that the Queen Mother was a Norwich City fan.First club to sell a black player for £1 Million. (Justin Fahinu)Only English team to ever beat Bayern Munich away.A film called the "Boy Who Turned Yellow" is about a Norwich City fan in London. The whole of the plot derives from the Norwich City FC merchandise he has in his bedroom.Some random stuff, but i hope it helps.:)

[quote user="John"]Oldest football chant in the world. (Probably already know that)

Famous people who support us include:

Delia Smith (Hopefully)
Simon Thomas (Former Blue Peter and Sky sports presenter)
Stephen Fry
Jake Humphries
Hugh Jackman (Wolverine)
Myleene Klass
The Darkness
David Frost

It''s also rumoured that the Queen Mother was a Norwich City fan.

First club to sell a black player for £1 Million. (Justin Fahinu)

Only English team to ever beat Bayern Munich away.

A film called the "Boy Who Turned Yellow" is about a Norwich City fan in London. The whole of the plot derives from the Norwich City FC merchandise he has in his bedroom.

Some random stuff, but i hope it helps.

:)
[/quote]

Cheers mate and everyone else!

We were the last team to win in front of the old Liverpool Kop, before they revamped it.

Our club song "OTBC" is the oldest Europe, about a hundred years I think.

The original team played in blue and white quarters - and (I have always understood) the club changed to a green and yellow strip because the team was nicknamed the Canaries - i.e. we were not called the Canaries because they played in green and yellow. (The reason why we were called the Canaries was because breeding the birds was a local hobby for many families in Norwich - something I think was brought over by the weavers or drainage workers from the Low Countries. Canaries were needed in coal mines and narrowboats - anywhere where there might be gas or fumes. No doubt someone will shoot me down if that''s all untrue. (Not sure where the Mustardmen name fits in).

PS Oh yes! And it was at a midweek game (on a glorious evening in 1972) at Orient''s Brisbane Rd that we first won promotion to the top flight. Kenny Foggo and the late Graham Paddon (penalty) what did it!