Sign in to follow this  
Puzzy magnet

Lucky old Derby...

We can knock that one on the head Nuff Said. If this was going to happen it isn''t now. And, we the supporters, still haven''t been given any indication as to why the Turners departed. Therefore I think you can safely bet we won''t be given any explanation as to whether or not they were going to make further investment in the club.

FAO "rethinking the future"...

You said: "What has Cullum done to help the club?"

Well, last time I checked, he''d offered to take control of a team £20m in debt (making the debt his) and put £20m into the playing side.

He''d also offered to let the old dear stay so she can continue to piss it up in the boardroom on matchdays.

You can go on about Delia as much as you want, the simple fact is that unless Cullum takes over we are going down. Maybe not this year - but sooner or later. And when that happen you and the rest of the mugs who still sneer at Cullum are welcome to it. You get what you deserve.

[quote user="Lol Morgan"]

Well, last time I checked, he''d offered to take control of a team £20m in debt (making the debt his) and put £20m into the playing side.

He''d also offered to let the old dear stay so she can continue to piss it up in the boardroom on matchdays.

You can go on about Delia as much as you want, the simple fact is that unless Cullum takes over we are going down. Maybe not this year - but sooner or later. And when that happen you and the rest of the mugs who still sneer at Cullum are welcome to it. You get what you deserve.

[/quote]

Please provide a link where Cullum has offered £20m for the debt AND £20m investment into the team making a total purchase of £40m. This would only leave the issue of pricing the shares and I am sure that if all shareholders were told that the debt had been wiped out and that £20m was being invested into the team, there might be more support for him. The only reports I have seen indicate a single investment of £20m for the team/debt/shares and worse still, he has indicated that after that original £20m investment, he would not be putting any more money in.

Everyone knows that the club needs investment, but too many people think that if you invest x amount, you will be promoted. You can not equate an exact amount of money to a league position. Would you borrow thousands of pounds to buy lottery tickets? Probably not, but with football that is what people are asking the club to do while at the same time criticising the club for being in debt.

Personally, I would not be thrilled with a PC takeover. Carl Moore who has repeatedly helped the club and shown ambition in making things happen would get my vote although i know nothing about him (other than he paid Huckerby and Lita''s wages) but PC (this great saviour who everyone worships) has done what exactly? Apart from unsettle the club during the transfer window with an empty promise.

[quote user="Rethinking the future"][quote user="Lol Morgan"]

[/quote] Please provide a link where Cullum has offered £20m for the debt AND £20m investment into the team making a total purchase of £40m. This would only leave the issue of pricing the shares and I am sure that if all shareholders were told that the debt had been wiped out and that £20m was being invested into the team, there might be more support for him. The only reports I have seen indicate a single investment of £20m for the team/debt/shares and worse still, he has indicated that after that original £20m investment, he would not be putting any more money in. Everyone knows that the club needs investment, but too many people think that if you invest x amount, you will be promoted. You can not equate an exact amount of money to a league position. Would you borrow thousands of pounds to buy lottery tickets? Probably not, but with football that is what people are asking the club to do while at the same time criticising the club for being in debt. Personally, I would not be thrilled with a PC takeover. Carl Moore who has repeatedly helped the club and shown ambition in making things happen would get my vote although i know nothing about him (other than he paid Huckerby and Lita''s wages) but PC (this great saviour who everyone worships) has done what exactly? Apart from unsettle the club during the transfer window with an empty promise.[/quote]

To be fair I really don''t think Carl has ''that'' much money.

You might not be happy if PC took over and invested in the club, but there are lots of us that would more than welcome fresh new investment from Peter, or anyone who has the finacial clout to take our club forwards from the stagnation it has reached.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Eliis, she hasn''t given the money, she''s loaned it to the club, and in due course converted those loans into shares. I do believe she loaned the money for the conversion of Yellows, but that''s as near to a gift as it gets. There''s something about having to loan money rather than "give" due to tax. I am sure one of our resident accountant posters can clear this up.

I don''t think any of us are saying she shouldn''t expect a return. Trouble is, will she sit it out and get the money she put in plus a sizable profit if and when a firm offer comes along? IF she had sold up a few years ago she might have expected considerably more. Facts now are money is tighter and therefore the club will not be as attractive a proposition.[/quote]That was my point Gazza, she has turned the money into shares, so Norwich City FC doesn''t have to pay her the money back, an investor will pay her the money back, so Norwich have effectively had a £12 million  gift from Delia as the club itself won''t have to pay her any money back.

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="gazzathegreat"]Eliis, she hasn''t given the money, she''s loaned it to the club, and in due course converted those loans into shares. I do believe she loaned the money for the conversion of Yellows, but that''s as near to a gift as it gets. There''s something about having to loan money rather than "give" due to tax. I am sure one of our resident accountant posters can clear this up. I don''t think any of us are saying she shouldn''t expect a return. Trouble is, will she sit it out and get the money she put in plus a sizable profit if and when a firm offer comes along? IF she had sold up a few years ago she might have expected considerably more. Facts now are money is tighter and therefore the club will not be as attractive a proposition.[/quote]

That was my point Gazza, she has turned the money into shares, so Norwich City FC doesn''t have to pay her the money back, an investor will pay her the money back, so Norwich have effectively had a £12 million  gift from Delia as the club itself won''t have to pay her any money back.
[/quote]

She has not "given" the money then has she if she will get it back. If she had given the money then she would not be looking to recoup it in any sale she would have loaned it and then written off the loans like Watling did in his will. Or would say that she will leave the loans in place on any takeover as she has no desire to see them paid back. I used to have a load of shares in Glaxo - i did not give them my money i got it back when I sold the shares.

In truth whilst her loans have obviously been helpful in the short term the net effect is they have actually entrenched her stranglehold over the club and made it much harder for anyone to come in and take us over. Whether you think thats a good thing i guess depends on your view on Delia and MWJ.

People who want Delia and MWJ to remain in charge have failed to grasp how grave our situation is.

We were out-spent by Barnsley, Burnley and Bristol this summer.

We should be welcoming PC with open arms. The fact we haven''t is absurd.

Still, hopefully Carl Moore will rub a couple more pennies together and we''ll get Lita for another month eh??? FFS.

[quote user="Lol Morgan"]

People who want Delia and MWJ to remain in charge have failed to grasp how grave our situation is.

We were out-spent by Barnsley, Burnley and Bristol this summer.

We should be welcoming PC with open arms. The fact we haven''t is absurd.

Still, hopefully Carl Moore will rub a couple more pennies together and we''ll get Lita for another month eh??? FFS.

[/quote]

Firstly, I have never said that I want Delia & co to remain in charge, but at least she is passionate about the club.

Secondly, Barnsley are below us despite (according to you) spending more than us during the summer.  Watford are below us and they are receiving parachute payments.  Nottingham Forest are below us despite spending over £2m on Earnshaw.  Had we bought all the players we currently have on loan, we would still be in the same league position as we are now.

You mock Carl Moore, but at least he helped to bring Lita to the club and will no doubt pay for the second months loan.  Just remind us, what has PC done to help?

Previously I asked you to provide a link to where PC said he was prepared to pay £40m for the club  - (£20m debt + £20m investment).  Where is the link?

I have asked why I (and other private shareholders) should receive nothing for our shres.  I am waiting for an answer.

I come back to the original points I made.  Money, does not gurantee promotion.  If PC invested all his £1.6bn worth, we would still lose football matches.  Who/what do you blame then? 

My example of Barnsely spending more than us (£1.1m on a striker) was just used to illustrate how far we have fallen down the ladder. I fully expect Forest to finish above us though.

I do not mock Carl Moore, without him we would never have gone up in the first place. And without his help with Lita we would now be in the bottom three. I will remind you what PC has done - offered £20m for improvements to the squad.

You ask for a link about PC pledging £20m and taking on the debt. Unless you were on Mars in the summer you will have seen he wanted a majority share-holding inj exchange for £20m going towards new players. As majority shareholder the debt would have become his problem. I don''t know about you - but I would much rather it was his problem (£1.6bn) than Delia''s (£bugger all). Once he g ot his feet under the table I am of no doubt PC would have cleared the debt.

Why should you recieve nothing for your shares? To be honest, anyone who bought shares in Norwich City expecting a return is an idiot. I have shares and purchased them as I love the club; there is no way I expect the money back. Still, PC is rich so he should pay £30 a share right? Disgusting attitude.

Money does not equal promotion. But what it should equal is not League One, which is where we are heading. If PC could make us a mid-table Championship side I would take that. I don''t believe we are a Premiership club, but by the same token it kills me to watch us have to beg, steal and borrow our way to survival when there is a guy out there who coud move this club on.

At the end of the day, all anyone wants is for this club to move forward.

I do not agree that PC is the saviour and no formal offer for the club was ever made. I still maintain that if he is such a fan then he could help out with players wages in the same way as Carl Moore has. After all, unless he banks in Iceland, the interest he would receive each week on his £65m he reportedly has in the bank would easily pay Litas wages.

No team is too good to go down and no team can be certain to buy its way out of the league. The loan system can be used to good effect (Hull) and can be used badly (Leicester), however, when you need to replace 15 odd players then clearly it has to be used.

OK.

But why should Cullum help out with Lita''s wages? I bet - like most fans - he just views it as a short term sticky plaster.

He wants to own the club so he can try and change things on a bigger scale.

With respect to Carl Moore, bringing players in on loan from Reading to keep us out of the bottom three is no way to run a football club.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="gazzathegreat"]Eliis, she hasn''t given the money, she''s loaned it to the club, and in due course converted those loans into shares. I do believe she loaned the money for the conversion of Yellows, but that''s as near to a gift as it gets. There''s something about having to loan money rather than "give" due to tax. I am sure one of our resident accountant posters can clear this up. I don''t think any of us are saying she shouldn''t expect a return. Trouble is, will she sit it out and get the money she put in plus a sizable profit if and when a firm offer comes along? IF she had sold up a few years ago she might have expected considerably more. Facts now are money is tighter and therefore the club will not be as attractive a proposition.[/quote]That was my point Gazza, she has turned the money into shares, so Norwich City FC doesn''t have to pay her the money back, an investor will pay her the money back, so Norwich have effectively had a £12 million  gift from Delia as the club itself won''t have to pay her any money back. [/quote]

She has not "given" the money then has she if she will get it back. If she had given the money then she would not be looking to recoup it in any sale she would have loaned it and then written off the loans like Watling did in his will. Or would say that she will leave the loans in place on any takeover as she has no desire to see them paid back. I used to have a load of shares in Glaxo - i did not give them my money i got it back when I sold the shares.

In truth whilst her loans have obviously been helpful in the short term the net effect is they have actually entrenched her stranglehold over the club and made it much harder for anyone to come in and take us over. Whether you think thats a good thing i guess depends on your view on Delia and MWJ.

[/quote]Read my posts again, she has given the money to Norwich, because Norwich won''t be paying her the money back, an investor will be paying her the money back, so Norwich have benefited from the 12 million and won''t have to pay the money back, and to say that the money have been helpful in the short term is a stupid comment, if she hadn''t given us that money we wouldn''t have a football club to support now! And it isn''t hard for anyone to take over us, she has told a potential new owner what it would cost to buy the club, now its up to them to do it!

Ellis, the money Delia put into the club was not a gift (as Jim has explained). She now holds the majority of the shares, so therefore has complete control. IMO that is more important to her than how much money she''s put in or indeed what her shares are worth. Yes, someone could come along and pay her asking price, but as they haven''t yet -though there are rumours around suggesting she''s in talks with an investor/s - it may be safe to assume her asking price is too high.

No one, including any multi millionaire/billionaire is going to pay over the odds to secure ownership of the club. You may say that''s because the potential buyer doesn''t have Delia''s passion for NCFC. Exactly the same assumption could be levelled at her. At the end of the day Ellis, both parties or would be parties are business people and money talks louder than passion.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]. No one, including any multi millionaire/billionaire is going to pay over the odds to secure ownership of the club. .[/quote]

Especially not one in the bottom 6