Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

if mr nice cullum took over..who would you want as manager??

Mr Cullum said some while ago, and if to be believed, that he would keep Mr Roeder as manager.  But perhaps that was just something he said at the time?

He could go one stage further and express every confidence in him. [:|]

Mark Bowen has been an extremely succesful assistant manager to Mark Hughes though. Hughes wouldn''t have brought him to Man City if he wasn''t that good. With us being one of his favoured clubs and him being a fans favourite amongst many of the older fans. Then definately. I would have him here in a shot.

I had never heard of Peter Grant before he came to Norwich ... I''ve heard of Mark Bowen.

[quote user="singing canary"]

not that mark bowen had a lot of input when they beat norwich in the play off final.

im sure mr bowen wouldnt let sutch take a penalty

[/quote]

What? Birmingham beat us in the playoff final... whats that got to do with Mark Bowen?

[quote user="singing canary"]i think bowen would be a good choice, david moyes would be my choice but cost a packet..[/quote]

You think David Moyes would come to Norwich...

Oh dear.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

Mark Bowen has been an extremely succesful assistant manager to Mark Hughes though. Hughes wouldn''t have brought him to Man City if he wasn''t that good. With us being one of his favoured clubs and him being a fans favourite amongst many of the older fans. Then definately. I would have him here in a shot.

I had never heard of Peter Grant before he came to Norwich ... I''ve heard of Mark Bowen.

[/quote]Peter Grant had also been a sucessful assistant manager to Alan Pardew at West Ham. Just because Bowen is an ex-canary (Like Grant was btw) it does not mean he will be any good as he has NO experience being a manager.

[quote user="Two Tails"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[/quote]

Peter Grant had also been a sucessful assistant manager to Alan Pardew at West Ham. Just because Bowen is an ex-canary (Like Grant was btw) it does not mean he will be any good as he has NO experience being a manager.
[/quote]

Maybe not. But just due to Peter Grant''s fail as a manager here, does that mean that we should never risk going for a good assistant manager who is unproven as a manager? I don''t think so. Maybe you do, but that''s your opinion and I respect that.

Their are a lot of people who would love to see Bowen here. The lift around the place would be a massive help for starters.

In the end of the day, Their isn''t much better we could get. And I would not want to see Roeder here...

[quote user="singing canary"]wasnt mark bowen assistant to steve bruce... or am i wrong[/quote]

My miatke mate. Just checked and yes he was. I didn''t realise that.

[quote user="Two Tails"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[/quote]

Peter Grant had also been a sucessful assistant manager to Alan Pardew at West Ham. Just because Bowen is an ex-canary (Like Grant was btw) it does not mean he will be any good as he has NO experience being a manager.
[/quote]

Where as Roeder has plenty of experience as a manager and is still crap!!!

So your point with regards to experience is???  [:|]

[quote user="Smudger"]For all of those saying give Bowen a go... how about a Micky Phelan??? [/quote]

Are you talking about the Man United assistant manager?

Would have him here any day .. But he would never leave a club like Manchester United for us...

[quote user="C T"]Lets put Smudger in charge.

Oh wait a second! If Smudger cocks up (like we know he will) who will have a one man protest to get rid of him?
[/quote]lol..CT

i was a GR fan but the results and our league possition have made me cry...mike phelan as manager?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Two Tails"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[/quote]Peter Grant had also been a sucessful assistant manager to Alan Pardew at West Ham. Just because Bowen is an ex-canary (Like Grant was btw) it does not mean he will be any good as he has NO experience being a manager.[/quote]

Where as Roeder has plenty of experience as a manager and is still crap!!!

So your point with regards to experience is???  [:|]

[/quote]I never said that I wanted Roeder did I? my exact response when he was appointed was, Glenn Fucking Roeder? GLENN FUCKING ROEDER.And plus I stated at the time that it was a mistake to get rid of Worthy, and I hate to say it but I am continually proven right.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="Smudger"]For all of those saying give Bowen a go... how about a Micky Phelan??? [/quote]

Would have him here any day .. But he would never leave a club like Manchester United for us...

[/quote]

Why is that then?

He was here before.

If he wants to step up to be a manager and if we had fresh investment then it could be a good opportunity for him surely?

I thought that Bowen has stated many times in the past that he has no real wish to be a manager?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[/quote]

Why is that then?

He was here before.

If he wants to step up to be a manager and if we had fresh investment then it could be a good opportunity for him surely?

I thought that Bowen has stated many times in the past that he has no real wish to be a manager?

[/quote]

If Mike Phelan would consider coming here as manager. Then I for one would be delighted. I would be over the moon if Bowen or Phelan joined as manager, simply because it would be a new manager that I actually agreed with. (Since I''ve been supporting Norwich, Worthington was allread in the job. And I haven''t agreed with the appointments of Grant or Roeder.) So I would absolutely love it and I would back the decision of whoever the board are at the time 100%

Ian Holloway is another available manager I would much prefer here ahead of Glenn Roeder. I know a lot of people will disagree with that, but I think Holloway is a great manager, and a fantastic personality to have at a club.