Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Right Then, Formation For Derby

For me weve got to start goin for it a bit so id go with..

Lita         Sibierski

Hoolahan

Bertrand   Russell     Fozzy     Croft

Drury   Clingan/Troy/Omozusi        Semmy

Marshall

I think hoolahan needs to come back into the side and we need to get used to the fact that he''s a flair player and will lose the ball a bit, as long as Russell and Fozzy are close by we should cope with it. Hucks used to lose it a lot, as does flippin Ronaldinho, point is with Barca tho that they built the team around there star man. We used to with Hucks, thats why Drury looked so good cause he always had so much defending to do.

Weve got to start getting the best out of Hoolohan cause since he''s been out of side weve looked terrible, one dimensional attacking with semmy/croft.

Clingans back so they should both start. Perhaps give Troy and Omozusi a go, or Troy and Drury left sided centre back so we can have Clingan back in the holding/starting attacks role. He was brilliant at that from what ive seen, just sits, spoils and starts. Great so far and he''s been missed.

Wheres Shackell when you need him also, starting to look a bad decision to let him go. He should never have been sold until the Doc was fit, he clearly was to fund Sibi''s deal and thats not looking like a great bit of business at the mo unless Sibi comes good.

I reckon we will see a flat back four, 3 across the middle, Lupoli and Lita upfront with Sibierski effectively playing in the hole.  Expect very little in the way of width tomorrow.

-                             Marshall                  - Otsemobor      Omozusi      Henville     Bertrand-                                Clingan                                           -Croft                                             Hoolahan         -                    Sibierski                                   -                                           Lupoli                       -                         Lita-That is my ideal line up for tomorrow.I think Clingan needs to be played where he is used to, to provide full effect. I think missing him in the midfield has hurt us recently, and thats shown with the performances shown since he''s left. Putting him in the defence will limit the kind of play he enjoys, and i think thats something we should try to stay away from (e.g. Russell as striker, Bertrand as left winger, Sibierski as striker...etc.).I think Sibierski should also be used in the midfield. With Lupoli and Lita both in the side to make and score goals, despite their unquestionable ability, lack height, and Sibierski deals with that, while playing where he plays best, and has played most of his career.I think this line up also makes use of the developed partnerships throughout the side. Bertrand/Hoolahan/Lupoli always combine really well on the left, and of course Otsemobor/Croft on the right to add that extra flair and pace, and that may also compliment and combine well with Lita on the right hand side of the strike force as the pacy finisher.It''s a great shame we don''t have Kennedy and Stefanvic as thats another solid partnership, but I''ve heard good things about Troy, and Omozusi is not bad cover.Thats my line up, and i can only hope Roeders watching, cos i reckon this side could get us a few results!Smile [:)]

Following GR''s recent team selections I''d guess at.

Marshall

Hoolahan   Cureton   Lita    Croft

Sibierski Fotheringham Koroma Omozusi

Bertand Drury

I''ll go with:

Marshall

Otsemobor            Omosuzi         Henville         Drury

Croft                     Fozzy              Clinghan        Bertrand

Lita                  Sibierski

[quote user="Yellow Rages"]

I''ll go with:

Marshall

Otsemobor            Omosuzi         Henville         Drury

Croft                     Fozzy              Clinghan        Bertrand

Lita                  Sibierski

[/quote]

I agree

[quote user="John"]-                             Marshall                  - Otsemobor      Omozusi      Henville     Bertrand-                                Clingan                                           -Croft                                             Hoolahan         -                    Sibierski                                   -                                           Lupoli                       -                         Lita-That is my ideal line up for tomorrow.I think Clingan needs to be played where he is used to, to provide full effect. I think missing him in the midfield has hurt us recently, and thats shown with the performances shown since he''s left. Putting him in the defence will limit the kind of play he enjoys, and i think thats something we should try to stay away from (e.g. Russell as striker, Bertrand as left winger, Sibierski as striker...etc.).I think Sibierski should also be used in the midfield. With Lupoli and Lita both in the side to make and score goals, despite their unquestionable ability, lack height, and Sibierski deals with that, while playing where he plays best, and has played most of his career.I think this line up also makes use of the developed partnerships throughout the side. Bertrand/Hoolahan/Lupoli always combine really well on the left, and of course Otsemobor/Croft on the right to add that extra flair and pace, and that may also compliment and combine well with Lita on the right hand side of the strike force as the pacy finisher.It''s a great shame we don''t have Kennedy and Stefanvic as thats another solid partnership, but I''ve heard good things about Troy, and Omozusi is not bad cover.Thats my line up, and i can only hope Roeders watching, cos i reckon this side could get us a few results!Smile [:)][/quote]Great post...I think actually maybe give Sibi a rest? he is 34 and has been battered in the last 3 games and has been pretty ineffective to e fair. Lets go with Hoola Lupo and Lita.

MarshallSemmi, Troy, Omosuzi, BertrandCroft, Clingan, Rusty, Hoolahan          Lita, LupoliNelsonDruryFozzyOJSibierskiObviously Roeder will play Fozzy tho, meaning Troy probs won''t play, as clingan will be pushed back to CB, Bertrand will team up with Drury down a reliable but impotent left, Sibs will be used up top with Lita, the rest of the team will stick as i have it tho:             MarshallSemmi, Omosuzi, Clingan, DruryCroft, Fozzy, Rusty, Bertrand          Sibierski, LitaNelsonTroyHoolahanCuretonLupoli

4-4-2:

Marshall

Otsemobor - rb

Omozusi - cb (Would prefer Spillane - madness that he hasn''t been recalled)

Archibald-Henville - cb

Drury - lb

Croft (Would''ve preferred Chadwick) - rw

Sibierski - attacking/cm

Clingan - holding/cm

Bertrand - lw

Lupoli - fw

Lita - fw

Subs:

Nelson

Russell

Hoolahan

Koroma

Lappin (in case of defensive injuries)

Failing the above line-up a 3-5-2 formation of:

Marshall

Omozusi - rcb

Archibald-Henville - cb

Drury - lcb

Otsemobor - dmr

Sibierski - mr

Hoolahan - amc

Clingan - ml

Bertrand - dml

Lita - fw

Lupoli - fw

Marshall

Ots   Omozusi   Drury     Betrand

Croft    Clingan   Russell    Hoolahan

Lita    Lupoli

Subs

Nelson,   Archibald-Henville,  Fozzy, Sibierski, OJ

Trouble with most of these teams is the old 5 loans in a squad conumdrum. So I''d go with

Marshall

Semi    Omuzusi  Drury   Bertrand

Croft  Clingan  Russell  Hulahoop

Sibierski  Lita

Nelson, Archie, Fozzy, Lupoli, Pats/Bell (if fit)