Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

how many for a protest then?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="ellis206"]lol and thats all there will be. Your in the minority, have fun with your two man protest, be prepared to get some abuse of us "Board lovers" though[/quote]

so the entire ground didnt chant "chase out" in 1996 so only the minority wanted him out then ellis?

jas :)

[/quote]So why isn''t the entire ground chanting "Delia out" this time round then?

So you and your wife are partly to blame for the downfall in Norwich City''s performances, because since Worthy left us we have just got worse and worse. And finally people are starting to realise they made a mistake in sacking Worthy.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="ellis206"]lol and thats all there will be. Your in the minority, have fun with your two man protest, be prepared to get some abuse of us "Board lovers" though[/quote]

hahaha the scary board lovers who can''t turn up to confront 6 individuals in a pub??? [:$] 

Minus LQ and Jetstream leaves 4 in a pub who want the board out

[/quote]What are you talking about? what pub? Believe me Smudge, I''d love to sit down with you, have a pint, and discuss all these things! Would be interesting to have a discussion with you in person and not over a message board.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="NCFC_Thain"]I would join a protest agaisnt the board.[/quote]

Why don''t you then?

Why don''t you turn up when people try to do something (instead of just saying you will)?

[/quote]There is a distinct lack of organisation. And want.During the Worthy Out campaign the organisation of the protests were good, if someone tried to organise a protest in a similar vien I reckon you''d get a fair few people.

[quote user="NCFC_Thain"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="NCFC_Thain"]I would join a protest agaisnt the board.
[/quote]

Why don''t you then?

Why don''t you turn up when people try to do something (instead of just saying you will)?

[/quote]
There is a distinct lack of organisation. And want.

During the Worthy Out campaign the organisation of the protests were good, if someone tried to organise a protest in a similar vien I reckon you''d get a fair few people.
[/quote]

My point exactly

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

I totally agree with you! topcanary you a classic muppet, good luck with your protest....- HaveHeart

I am confused as to why you think someone who is unhappy with the direction the club has taken lately is a muppet for wishing to protest.  Are you satisfied with the club''s position and apparent future? With supporters like you, the board have no reason to change things, do they?  24,000+ each home game, and fans who expect nothing better than what they''ve been given the last 3 years.  Wow, what a comfy position to be in for the board.  

[/quote]

Are you going to go to the protest???

quote user: "barclay seats 48/49 "

I have said it before  TC .................we need an organized petition , stating the feelings of the fans, and an open letter to PC asking him to put aside pride ( after being given a complete lack of time of day by the board) and to come to the rescue of NCFC. I think that this is a less confontational way of putting across a very important point.

Don''t get me wrong ......I AM NOT AFRAID TO STAND UP AND BE COUNTED...................My wife and I were at all the NW out protests and meetings, I just thinkl this time , to get the fence sitters on board, things need to done in a more structured manner .

As for the people who say that us disgruntled fans are in the minority !.....................you are proving that extra terrestrials do exist !! You most definitely come from another planet !!

But do you come in peace?

If something was to be organised in this kind of vein then I would be more than happy to put my name to it.  I think the majority of City fans would like a change but do not consider the disorganised rabble protest mentality is the right way to go. 

A well worded letter to PC to show him the strength of feeling at this club (in case he hadnt realised) would be a great idea, any volunteers to draft such a letter?  Who would be happy to have their name put beside it?

And what would the letter say to Cullum?Hello Mr Cullum, can you please invest millions and millions into Norwich City please. and ten years down the line we will forget everything you have done for us and call for your head. Yours Sincerely, Norwich fans. Get real, why would he want anything to do with taking over Norwich when he can see how you''ve all turned on Delia and co, there''s a minority in our support that have very short memory''s and are fickle and ungrateful, and if Cullum doesn''t take over then you can thank this section of our fan base for totally ruining this club!

[quote user="ellis206"]And what would the letter say to Cullum?

Hello Mr Cullum, can you please invest millions and millions into Norwich City please. and ten years down the line we will forget everything you have done for us and call for your head. Yours Sincerely, Norwich fans.

Get real, why would he want anything to do with taking over Norwich when he can see how you''ve all turned on Delia and co, there''s a minority in our support that have very short memory''s and are fickle and ungrateful, and if Cullum doesn''t take over then you can thank this section of our fan base for totally ruining this club!
[/quote]I''m sorry ellis206 i don''t believe its a minority this time, I do agree with a lot of stuff you write on here but this time i really do think you have underestimated the feeling that is going around the Barclay and the rest of the ground.

Hello Mr Cullum, can you please invest millions and millions into Norwich City please. and ten years down the line we will forget everything you have done for us and call for your head. Yours Sincerely, Norwich fans.

Get real, why would he want anything to do with taking over Norwich when he can see how you''ve all turned on Delia and co, there''s a minority in our support that have very short memory''s and are fickle and ungrateful, and if Cullum doesn''t take over then you can thank this section of our fan base for totally ruining this club!
[/quote]

And your alternative is?  The main fact is that Delia cannot afford to keep running this club without us slipping down the leagues.  I am one of the more sensible (lol) majority who are grateful for a lot that she has done, but it is clearly time for a change.  Cullum has shown a clear interest in taking over the club and therefore if the club are not going to contact him the fans should open up a dialogue, through a supporters group if possible but if not via a less formal open letter signed by as many fans as possible.

A minority are fickle and ungrateful but I dont think they will stop someone taking over our club.  Do you really think Delia is worrying about her safety in going to Carrow Road like Mike Ashley is at St James at the moment?  Obviously not, and someone like Cullum can see this.

Your extreme pro-board posts are no better than Smudger, etc''s anti-board rubbish.

If you read through many of my previous posts, you''ll see that I do think the time is right for a change, and we do need someone with more money than Delia to take this club forward, I''ve never denyed that, I''m just fed up with people slagging off Delia and not recognising any of the hard work and the investment she has put into this club. Most of the posts on this message board are totally bias and when you put a good argument forward to the poster they simply ignore your message and write the same negative drivel in another post. I''m also fed up with people moaning about our debts even though they are manageable and every club in our league, and pretty much the country has debt, most of them a lot bigger than ours, so why do some of our fans think we are unique? I''m also fed up with people claiming the board never backed Roeder, even though we were the most active club in the summer in the country. I would love it if we got a rich investor, but then I''m with the board on this one and only want a Norwich fan to takeover, not a foreign investor who could ruin the club. And I haven''t really got an alternative, but there isn''t an alternative route to take, if Cullum wants to take over Norwich, he will, its pocket money to him, he needs to put his money where his mouth is and actually make an offer!

[quote user="ellis206"]If you read through many of my previous posts, you''ll see that I do think the time is right for a change, and we do need someone with more money than Delia to take this club forward, I''ve never denyed that, I''m just fed up with people slagging off Delia and not recognising any of the hard work and the investment she has put into this club. Most of the posts on this message board are totally bias and when you put a good argument forward to the poster they simply ignore your message and write the same negative drivel in another post. I''m also fed up with people moaning about our debts even though they are manageable and every club in our league, and pretty much the country has debt, most of them a lot bigger than ours, so why do some of our fans think we are unique? I''m also fed up with people claiming the board never backed Roeder, even though we were the most active club in the summer in the country. I would love it if we got a rich investor, but then I''m with the board on this one and only want a Norwich fan to takeover, not a foreign investor who could ruin the club.

And I haven''t really got an alternative, but there isn''t an alternative route to take, if Cullum wants to take over Norwich, he will, its pocket money to him, he needs to put his money where his mouth is and actually make an offer!
[/quote]

Where''s the money gone?

[quote user="ellis206"]If you read through many of my previous posts, you''ll see that I do think the time is right for a change, and we do need someone with more money than Delia to take this club forward, I''ve never denyed that, I''m just fed up with people slagging off Delia and not recognising any of the hard work and the investment she has put into this club. Most of the posts on this message board are totally bias and when you put a good argument forward to the poster they simply ignore your message and write the same negative drivel in another post. I''m also fed up with people moaning about our debts even though they are manageable and every club in our league, and pretty much the country has debt, most of them a lot bigger than ours, so why do some of our fans think we are unique? I''m also fed up with people claiming the board never backed Roeder, even though we were the most active club in the summer in the country. I would love it if we got a rich investor, but then I''m with the board on this one and only want a Norwich fan to takeover, not a foreign investor who could ruin the club.

And I haven''t really got an alternative, but there isn''t an alternative route to take, if Cullum wants to take over Norwich, he will, its pocket money to him, he needs to put his money where his mouth is and actually make an offer!
[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more,Ellis. If people want to protest they should get down to Towergate head office,because there is no point in hounding someone who has publicly stated she wants to sell.If Cullum won''t buy and there are no other investors its Delia or administration.Those are the simple facts and,for all of Smudger''s almost priapic self congratulation, nothing is going to change them. As Carlos Valderama has regularly posted, Delia''s "crime " is to be insufficiently rich, but some of the invective launched at her on this forum has been a disgrace,particularly the suggestion that she should write off part of her investment so that Cullum can buy the club cheaply.I wonder how many of those posting that are so keen to write off their own money?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Where''s the money gone?

[/quote]

Where''s Cullum gone is rather more apposite at the moment.

"vhahaha the scary board lovers who can''t turn up to confront 6 individuals in a pub???

Minus LQ and Jetstream leaves 4 in a pub who want the board out"

*sigh*

Sorry Smudger, you obviously didn''t listen to anything I said!

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Where''s the money gone?

[/quote]

[/quote]

He''ll be back....when he''s ready.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="ellis206"]lol and thats all there will be. Your in the minority, have fun with your two man protest, be prepared to get some abuse of us "Board lovers" though
[/quote]

so the entire ground didnt chant "chase out" in 1996 so only the minority wanted him out then ellis?

jas :)

[/quote]

Jas please dont get me wrong because i have fallen out of love with the board but i ask a question.

Your protest is successful and the board including the Chief Executive quits.

Peter Cullum does not step forward.

What then because i have yet to see your plan B.

Purely hypothetical but it might just happen.

Shouting long and loud seems your only way forward and may have a certain degree of merit but who do you see as a creditable alternative at this precise moment.

I have a gut feeling that Delia will make a statement about her intentions and what exactly she sees as the way forward at the AGM.I may be wrong i think i will keep my powder dry until then.

[/quote]

So you are telling me that we had a long list of alternatives when we campaigned to get Mr Chase out John?

We didn''t have one alternative when those protests started did we???

I can guarantee... put some real pressure on Delia & Michael and things will change... a whole host of interested people will come out of the woodwork (just as they did when chase put out his little white flags).

If you are expecting something other than more lies to be announced at the AGM then I can assure you that yet again you are going to be dissapointed.

[/quote]

If you stopped trying to twist history then you might get more support for the present. DS was already manipulating the situation with the bank BEFORE the protests started in earnest. She was waiting in the wings as GW new only to well when he bought Chases shares.

There will possibly be spin at the AGM there could possibly be an anouncement that you hope for. They are not just going to walk away and if you speak the truth neither would you without some of your money repaid. As I have said on other threads I am sure that they will settle for 4/5 million . In my opinion a reasonable sum in relation to what they have invested.

Some of us are not board lovers as you call your oposition neither are we hastey in taking unnecessary steps YET.

I am sure you must get some satisfaction out of what you are trying to do, if so good luck but don''t assume everyone is spineless just because they wont jump to your tune.

[/quote]

oh??? and how many of our fans knew anything about Watling or Smith being interested when those protests started?

I think you are the one who is twisting history Butler... [:$]

[quote user="ellis206"]So you and your wife are partly to blame for the downfall in Norwich City''s performances, because since Worthy left us we have just got worse and worse. And finally people are starting to realise they made a mistake in sacking Worthy.
[/quote]

It is down to people like you why this club is failing Ellis... I suggest you look a bit closer to home on that score!!!

As for the ground not being full of people chanting Delia Out... that is down to it being full of spineless fools like you who are quite content to sit there doing nothing as their club falls apart.

Like Cluck rightly says... too many prawn sandwich brigade plums at Carrow Road these days!!!

[quote user="ellis206"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="ellis206"]lol and thats all there will be. Your in the minority, have fun with your two man protest, be prepared to get some abuse of us "Board lovers" though
[/quote]

hahaha the scary board lovers who can''t turn up to confront 6 individuals in a pub??? [:$] 

Minus LQ and Jetstream leaves 4 in a pub who want the board out

[/quote]

What are you talking about? what pub? Believe me Smudge, I''d love to sit down with you, have a pint, and discuss all these things! Would be interesting to have a discussion with you in person and not over a message board.
[/quote]

So where were you the other night then?

You live in Old Catton do you?

There was a meeting in the Trowel & Hammer on St Stephens (less than 4 miles from your house).

What is your excuse on that one???

[quote user="NCFC_Thain"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="NCFC_Thain"]I would join a protest agaisnt the board.
[/quote]

Why don''t you then?

[/quote]
There is a distinct lack of organisation. And want.

During the Worthy Out campaign the organisation of the protests were good, if someone tried to organise a protest in a similar vien I reckon you''d get a fair few people.
[/quote]

Yes and it took the NCISA to call the meeting at St Andrews Hall before that campaign got off the ground properly didn''t it?

As usual the NCISA acted on that far too late... while thousands of fans had been wanting a campaign to get Worthington out for months.

NB - Whether that was the right move or not in hindsight is neither here nor there.

[/quote]

Get real... Cullum doesn''t want to touch us because fools like you are more than happy with the failing regime we have got.

Cullum is a winner.... why the hell would he want to be associated with a bunch of losers like you??? [:$]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="ellis206"]So you and your wife are partly to blame for the downfall in Norwich City''s performances, because since Worthy left us we have just got worse and worse. And finally people are starting to realise they made a mistake in sacking Worthy.
[/quote]

It is down to people like you why this club is failing Ellis... I suggest you look a bit closer to home on that score!!!

As for the ground not being full of people chanting Delia Out... that is down to it being full of spineless fools like you who are quite content to sit there doing nothing as their club falls apart.

Like Cluck rightly says... too many prawn sandwich brigade plums at Carrow Road these days!!!

[/quote]i agree with everthing you say smudger accept i dont think prawn sarnys would taste so good withplums in them

[quote user="jetstream"]"vhahaha the scary board lovers who can''t turn up to confront 6 individuals in a pub??? Minus LQ and Jetstream leaves 4 in a pub who want the board out" *sigh* Sorry Smudger, you obviously didn''t listen to anything I said![/quote]

It was hard to listen to anything much apart from your other half JET... [:D]

I know you said that you want the board out... so maybe my words are a little harsh....

The fence sitters camp (because there are no proven alternatives who have put a bid in to Delia''s liking to purchase the club) if you prefer?

They are kind of like the same thing to me... mainly because all of the people who have defended the board so staunchly over the last couple of years now seem to all be slotting themselves in to this category.

I think Tilly is probably sitting in your camp too at the moment although maybe bordering towards perhaps protests are needed camp.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Where''s the money gone?

[/quote]

Maybe when Delia is ready to sell for her tenner MELLO (as she promised she wouldn''t mind doing if it was to the benefit of the club a year or so ago)???

Then Mr Cullum could invest all his money in to putting a decent team on the pitch?

The thing which Delia & Co seem to of forgotten about over the years.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Where''s the money gone?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

A predictably convenient copout. You know that without Cullum in the wings there is no alternative to the current regime. Your man really needs to step up to the plate......so why doesn''t he? Come on Mello, in between your smart arsery you like to drop hints that you know the great man''s mind, so why not enlighten us lesser mortals.

* sits back and waits for oh so clever,but subject changing riposte*

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Where''s the money gone?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

A predictably convenient cop out. You know that without Cullum in the wings there is no alternative to the current regime. Your man really needs to step up to the plate......so why doesn''t he? Come on Mello, in between your smart arsery you like to drop hints that you know the great man''s mind, so why not enlighten us lesser mortals.

[/quote]

He''s a very, very, successful businessman, he''s playing to the club and the Directionless.....Like a Lion that limps, and pretends to have an injured paw.....and the water buffalo curiously, draw closer.....

Cullum? Dispatched with his tail between his legs....HAH!

He doesn''t have to do anything since the Delia debacle at the Royal Norfolk Show.....The club''s in its downward spiral, it''s imploding and desperation has set in.....The squad is less than average, is less than ours, and the Turners have done one.

I thought an astute and clever individual like your good self, would be able to ''see it for yourself''....

He''s gonna let the fans and the Directionless board do his dirty work....It''s only a matter of time......

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Where''s the money gone?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

A predictably convenient cop out. You know that without Cullum in the wings there is no alternative to the current regime. Your man really needs to step up to the plate......so why doesn''t he? Come on Mello, in between your smart arsery you like to drop hints that you know the great man''s mind, so why not enlighten us lesser mortals.

[/quote]

He''s a very, very, successful businessman, he''s playing to the club and the Directionless.....Like a Lion that limps, and pretends to have an injured paw.....and the water buffalo curiously, draw closer.....

Cullum? Dispatched with his tail between his legs....HAH!

He doesn''t have to do anything since the Delia debacle at the Royal Norfolk Show.....The club''s in its downward spiral, it''s imploding and desperation has set in.....The squad is less than average, is less than ours, and the Turners have done one.

I thought an astute and clever individual like your good self, would be able to ''see it for yourself''....

He''s gonna let the fans and the Directionless board do his dirty work....It''s only a matter of time......

[/quote]

I actually agree with you for once.He''s certainly used people to do his dirty work.Oh,and I am astute and clever,as,I believe,are you,so that''s two things we see eye to eye on.I guess where we differ is that you seem to think that him weakening the club so he can get a better deal and in so doing get one over on Delia makes him some sort of hero.

I hope he puts his money in,but I''m not holding my breath,or kidding myself that he''s Santa Claus in disguise.If he comes in it will be for what he thinks he can get out.Whether that''s going to be for the good of the club in the long term I honestly don''t know.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Where''s the money gone?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

A predictably convenient copout. You know that without Cullum in the wings there is no alternative to the current regime. Your man really needs to step up to the plate......so why doesn''t he? Come on Mello, in between your smart arsery you like to drop hints that you know the great man''s mind, so why not enlighten us lesser mortals.

[/quote]

Just like there was no alternative whatsoever out there before the press found out that Cullum had tried to invest???

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Where''s the money gone?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Just like there was no alternative whatsoever out there before the press found out that Cullum had tried to invest???

So what was it then,Einstein?

[/quote]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Come into ''E Block'' of lower Barclay and say we are spineless, you wont have any fingers left to type gob-shite.