Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

money is available..

i would say... i just wonder where people get the rumours from, be interesting to see how much,if the last few seasons are anything to go by from top to bottom at christmas most of the teams stand a chance of at least play offs

[quote user="topcanary1971"]just read a article if we are challenging come jan, money would be made available-where from???[/quote]

It''s also in an earlier piece that i C&P''d from the EDP website from Mr Doncaster [:S]

Doncaster said: "The harsh reality of life in the Championship is that

you cannot break even without either cutting the wage bill to the point

where you are not going to compete, or without support from directors.

i''m afraid donny slipped outa his beige cardy when delivering this assessment - i don''t like it more than the next punter - but this is the challenge for NCFC - despite 25000 crowds - the speculative bubble in the champs means we are painfully out-muscled financially...there is no fence - only the need to attract inward invstment into NCFC...but its a grim time if you want to sell anything at the mo - its the cash rich investors who are snapping up assets at bargain prices,,,so imo - only a super-prime candidate has the necessary dosh to buy city at a price that makes everyone happy...

Whole article from the EDP website for those who can''t be bothered to look lol.

Norwich City chief executive Neil Doncaster says the club will explore every available source of money in the new year if Glenn Roeder''s side look like being involved in the Championship promotion picture.

But he admitted that if the January picture is as bleak as it was at the start of this year, then the City boss will not be given money to spend on his playing staff.

City have cut the players'' wages bill from £10m to £8.5m, but the break even point is £5m.

"The harsh reality of life in the Championship is that you cannot break even without either cutting the wage bill to the point where you are not going to compete, or without support from directors," said Doncaster at last night''s NCISA annual meeting. "There are things that can happen, but broadly it is about being supported by directors."

It means that if Roeder wants to spend he will have to rely on directors digging deep into their pockets, or by selling players or allowing them to go out on loan.

"If we are challenging and there is a real need to press on a little bit more to get into the top six or beyond, you strain every sinew and borrow every pound you can to have a go. If we are in a situation where Glenn wants to spend more, we have to look very, very carefully how we do it."

Doncaster also said work was continuing to bring new money into the club, but denied that owners Delia Smith and Michael Wynn Jones were "desperately clinging on" at the helm.

"Delia and Michael have made it clear their happiness to bring in other people, whether that is on a shared basis or owning the whole thing," he said. "They are not precious about it. There are some people who think they are desperately clinging on - that is just not the case. They are totally open-minded in doing what is in the club''s best interests and I hope that you can trust them and trust the board to make those judgments and hopefully move forward. But please don''t believe there is a queue of people lining up desperate to give us their cash, because that isn''t so."

Doncaster confirmed sales and marketing director Andrew Cullen, who is to join MK Dons, wouldn''t be replaced immediately and said it would be wrong to suggest the club were making redundancies in other areas.

"We were not talking job cuts and we never were," he said. "There are a number of positions that have been made redundant. I don''t rule out more, that would be wrong, but I don''t anticipate many changes."

[quote user="topcanary1971"]just read a article if we are challenging come jan, money would be made available-where from???[/quote]

bull hang! i dont doubt you but i doubt the club! wheres this money going to come from? stuffed under a matress? from a pot of gold under the rainbow? perhaps the club has fixed the europ Lottery

jas :)

1. i remember hearing "we got money" last jan

2. i remember hearing "we''ve got money" in the summer

3. challening for what? playoffs? if thats the case you have to overachieve to be on target for investment

4. if moneys their why do you have to be challenging? roeder proven to be shrewd in the market on low scale of money. surely the board should back him NOW! regardless of where you are. either the board trust him or dont! give him the money i say and see what he really made off!

[quote user="we8wba"]

3. challening for what? playoffs? if thats the case you have to overachieve to be on target for investment

4. if moneys their why do you have to be challenging? roeder proven to be shrewd in the market on low scale of money. surely the board should back him NOW! regardless of where you are. either the board trust him or dont! give him the money i say and see what he really made off!

[/quote]We8, nobody cares.

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

Erm there has to be money there in the first place for them to back GR, clearly there isn''t the money there.

I can actually see GR walking in January if finances don''t look to good, and to be fair I wouldn''t blame him one iota.

good point yellow - but i cant believe there is no money at all...

• recieved two parchute payment 5.5m each
  • 20k sth at say 200£ average works out to be £4m season - prob just under that so say 2-3m
  • sold ashton 7m, earnshaw 3m, green 3m  - thats 13m just off those
  • have norwich signed 13m worth talent last 3years total?
  • got rid of prem wages - so doubt wages are main problem
  • small squad help wage total
  • who is your highest earner? guessing cureton or marshall?
  • 35m prem money - how much you spend of that say half so thats 15m profit say for arguements sake

i cant believe norwich city have NO money at all. if you havnt how come you suddendly maybe have future investment in january? where has that come from?

if you truly have no money then their is a major and mean major problem at your club imo, but personally i think the club sailing you guys down the river

ps - my stats/figures wont be 100% spot on but these rough guides, i understand you have pay wages etc...

[quote user="we8wba"]

• 20k sth at say 200£ average works out to be £4m season - prob just under that so say 2-3m

• 35m prem money - how much you spend of that say half so thats 15m profit say for arguements sake

i cant believe norwich city have NO money at all. if you havnt how come you suddendly maybe have future investment in january? where has that come from?

if you truly have no money then their is a major and mean major problem at your club imo, but personally i think the club sailing you guys down the river

ps - my stats/figures wont be 100% spot on but these rough guides, i understand you have pay wages etc...

[/quote]

The CE has said in a piece in the local paper that unless we are doing well there will be no money in January, the board have already had to dig into their own pockets to fund players etc, so I don''t see where the money will come from unless we have new investment.

According to a few posters who do have the accounts the club isn''t rolling in money.

He said........

It means that if Roeder wants to spend he will have to rely on directors digging deep into their pockets, or by selling players or allowing them to go out on loan.

"If we are challenging and there is a real need to press on a little bit more to get into the top six or beyond, you strain every sinew and borrow every pound you can to have a go. If we are in a situation where Glenn wants to spend more, we have to look very, very carefully how we do it."

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

Firstly, there is no reason why you should give a sh*t, go back to your own forum. Secondly, your statements are b*llshit. So here are some bullet points of my own.

• A season ticket costs over £400 for an adult, the average dips to take into account concessions, but is brought back up easily by the hospitality brigade. We have one of the largest hospitality/private box facilities in the country.
  • We did not sell Robert Green for £3m
  • We lost money on Robert Earnshaw after agent fees and signing on fees.
  • You havent considered any agents fees, or signing on fees, or loan fees for a combined total of around 20 signings during Roeders reign.
  • We did not ''get rid of premiership wages'', our wage bill in our first season down was higher than the wage bill in the promotion season.
  • Our squad isnt particularly small anymore.
  • You have blatently, and probably completely innaccurately, guessed the highest earners. I can tell you straight off that Dejan Stefanovic, Antoine Sibierski and Arturo Lupoli are on much more money than Jamie ''bring down the'' Cureton and would all be amongst the highest earners at Wolves if they were there.
  • Our wage bill was over £10m upon relegation.
  • Our wage bill is still around £8m
  • The parachute payment + Championship tv money = less than wage bill (hence subsidised by player sales)
  • The published accounts show that we didnt make anywhere near £15 million profit during the premiership season, partly due to the wages of internationals such as Thomas Helveg,
  • And lastly, get a job.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"] but this is the challenge for NCFC - despite 25000 crowds - the speculative bubble in the champs means we are painfully out-muscled financially...[/quote]

It hasn''t helped that we have £5m tied up in the ex LSE land and spine road. Nor does it help to have spent £7m - £9m on non critical fixed assets. The money has been there to rebuild the squad just that its been spent elsewhere.

I''ve got ninety thousand Pounds in my pyjamas, I''ve got forty thousand French Francs in my fridge. I''ve got lots of lovely Lire, Now the Deutschemark''s getting dearer, And my Dollar Bills would buy the Brooklyn Bridge.

There is nothing quite as wonderful as money, there is nothing quite as beautiful as cash. Some people say it''s folly, but I''d rather have the lolly, with money you can make a splash.

There is nothing quite wonderful as money, (money, money, money, money). There is nothing like a newly minted pound, (money, money, money, money). Everyone must hanker for the butchness of a banker, it''s accountancy that makes the world go round. (round, round, round)You can keep your Marxist ways for it''s only just a phase. For it''s money money money makes the world go round. (money, money, money, money money, money, money, money moneeeeeeeeeeeyyyy).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlS8O257Gi0

Just for you Canary Nut and Mr Carrow [;)]

superwes - i take aboard your points, i believe there more chance you being right than myself as you know what your going on about as its your club.

although you moaned and groaned at me, i wont critisise posts which put across their points wether i agree or disagree is another matter, but well done in putting your points and figures across to me.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I''ve got ninety thousand Pounds in my pyjamas, I''ve got forty thousand French Francs in my fridge. I''ve got lots of lovely Lire, Now the Deutschemark''s getting dearer, And my Dollar Bills would buy the Brooklyn Bridge.

There is nothing quite as wonderful as money, there is nothing quite as beautiful as cash. Some people say it''s folly, but I''d rather have the lolly, with money you can make a splash.

There is nothing quite wonderful as money, (money, money, money, money). There is nothing like a newly minted pound, (money, money, money, money). Everyone must hanker for the butchness of a banker, it''s accountancy that makes the world go round. (round, round, round)You can keep your Marxist ways for it''s only just a phase. For it''s money money money makes the world go round. (money, money, money, money money, money, money, money moneeeeeeeeeeeyyyy).

[/quote]

As entertaining as the £1.2m. spine road.

[quote user="Canary Nut"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

As entertaining as the £1.2m. spine road.

[/quote]

Good job some of us are entertained by football then..