Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Im worried....

No more excuses, no mare hard luck stories, 2 wins in 9 tells its own story. I dont care how many chances weve missed (thats our fault) or how unlucky we''ve been or how mnay times mr roeder says "i''d have been upset to have only drawn the game". We lost.

We have a dismal goalscoring record problem one, and we give away too many sloppy goals problem two; not greta problems to have together. In front of goal we luck as lethal as a blade of grass...we dont seem capable of scoring in a month of sundays...in fact our last goal against 11 men which wasnt deflected was 4 games ago!  I''ve seen Sibierski twice at home and have yet to be impressed, yes he''s came close to scoring, but close aint good enough, he doesnt link up play like Glen said he would, and is he the missing link...doubt it. Koroma came in tonight, probably becasue ''arry wanted his scouts to watch hm in action. He''s been like Caspar the ghost for the previous 2 months, but then he deserved a game, russel aint a striker, Cureton looks devoid of confidence and perhaps is just devoid of ability, while Lupoli the best of a bad bunch seems to be struggling to get a start even when fit, which is strange all together...(probably becasue the Fiorentina boss doesnt speak english and can''t maon at him down the phone!)

With more loans than northern Rock, for the 2nd time in 2 seasons the loan arranger is in a pickle, after nearly dragging us back into a dogfight with his loan rotation in march! No lessons learnt....Do we need Oj and Lupoli, do we need Grounds and Troy thye answer is no. I would have rather we kept Spillane and Martin as cover, thus freeing up cash to spend on more quality. Perhaps we could have brought Jon Stead instead, he would do well for us, but now we cant afford him, (i know hes now moved on) or anyone else. The selection of loans is baffling, somozusi seems beyond dropiing, even after a poor performance and can play out of position, and Drury after impressing v Sheff uTd is 3rd choice left back...why? because he isnt on loan. To fit them all in, Berty''s Now LM, a joke in itself because hoolahan provides much needed quality, and grounds is now LB.. iwould be much happier with Grounds alongside dejan at CB, Omosuzi fighting semmi for one place, and drury fighting berty for one place. It''s ridiculous...we need consistency in selectiona and players need consistency in position adnwe aint getting it.

The only ray of light at the end of the tunnel is the hope that Kennedy and Clingan and hopefully Bell can get us back to how we were playing, but even if we do we need a 20 goal a season striker and im afraid at the moment we havent got one,so perhaps that may help us to the odd 1-0s or 1-1s!

Whilst 5 penalties in 9 league games, tells its only sorry tale of defensive indiscipline, crazy, needless challenges summing up the fragility of NCFC...sorry to end with another negative...but i dont see positives.....

....we are also despite the fact that many want to forget, and dont like to admit, a certain, talismanic winger with legendary status accross the pond....but that my friends is a debate that''s been debated enough....

Good post, although it doesn''t really matter how they go in (deflected or not) and how many players the opposition have

I was all for giving Koroma a go (could he be any worse than Cureton ) but it is rather worrying if Roeder was told to play him tonight and it does seem strange he gets his first start at Southampton .

I don''t think the manager is to blame. Roeder probably could only wish that he had a budget the size of a shoestring. Compare his player budgets to that of Grant, Worthington, even further back than that- he''s got nothing to spend. The peanuts he has spent has been spent well, and I think time will prove this.

Like any manager, you could pick holes in the odd selection decision he has got wrong. But how many times in the past have we all moaned about lack of depth in our squad? We can''t have it both ways you know.

[quote user="The Voice of the Thorpe Area"]

I don''t think the manager is to blame. Roeder probably could only wish that he had a budget the size of a shoestring. Compare his player budgets to that of Grant, Worthington, even further back than that- he''s got nothing to spend. The peanuts he has spent has been spent well, and I think time will prove this.

Like any manager, you could pick holes in the odd selection decision he has got wrong. But how many times in the past have we all moaned about lack of depth in our squad? We can''t have it both ways you know.

[/quote]

I know it doesnt matter how the balls goes in the net, you dont shoot you dont score....but you could call it a lucky goal.

As for squad depth, yes its great, but squad depth isnt an excuse for having to do an impression of Rafale Benitez''s team picking roational poloicies. We''re Norwich, Not Liverpool.

Yep, Roeders had ''peanuts'' largely in comparison, but some of his peanuts have been spent on some nutty loans and wouldnt the southampt5on manager have liked to have had so many peanuts to spend...yet they still trounced us toinight.

Good post, agree with most of it but the only light at the end of the tunnel is a possible takeover because without it we''re in the brown stuff. We stilll need a striker and midfielder who can score goals, without a takeover or big investor coming in we haven''t got a hope in hell of getting them. In fact as things are we could sink even lower than last season and get relegated, being unable to score or defend looks like a recipe for disaster to me.

I reckon the problem is that Glen has to play the loans because he realises that they are in demand, and without them we are scr#wd. He realises that we are going to need loans not only in January, but again next June. Therefore, he is hoping that by rotating it around and giving people a game, City are seen to be a good place to shove your loans out to - oh how the mighty have fallen[:@]

3 Months ago i posted this, stating i was worried. Nothing has changed in 3 months, we''re hearing the same old excuses, time and again.

The only thing stopping us from being even more in the mire, is the financial meltdown of southampton, the uselessness of charlton and the state of Nottingham Forest & Doncaster who are as poor as you are ever likely to see in the championship. Having said that Forests will probably beat us on Sunday, 1-0, we''ll have missed 8 chances and conceded a dubious penalty, and change the record roeder will still say..

"I''d be dissapointed if we''d only drawn the game"

I''m worried too, lets hope we get a good win against Forest to give us some temporary breathing space.

Happy Xmas Huddy [:)]

[quote user="Huddy "]

3 Months ago i posted this, stating i was worried. Nothing has changed in 3 months, we''re hearing the same old excuses, time and again.

The only thing stopping us from being even more in the mire, is the financial meltdown of southampton, the uselessness of charlton and the state of Nottingham Forest & Doncaster who are as poor as you are ever likely to see in the championship. Having said that Forests will probably beat us on Sunday, 1-0, we''ll have missed 8 chances and conceded a dubious penalty, and change the record roeder will still say..

"I''d be dissapointed if we''d only drawn the game"

[/quote]

Good points, but we''ll beat forest, unless they get new confidence from sacking their manager... ^_^

[quote user="cityangel"]

I''m worried too, lets hope we get a good win against Forest to give us some temporary breathing space.

Happy Xmas Huddy [:)]

[/quote]

Merry Xmas CA

Im sure your heart is skipping beats ahead of the Forest game, with Hucks on the pitch! At least it might give the fans something to sing about.