Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Ricardo's Report

Well folks, I strolled up to match tonight hoping to see some of this wonderful football that we played at Plymouth on Saturday. I have to report that there was none on view.

We did not look very sharp against 11 men and after QPR had been reduced to 10, we didn''t look much better. On this display I would hesitate to make a call that we will finish any better than mid-table.

On Ardee''s recent thread  "We are Back", I commented that I would reserve judgement and in the light of tonights performance I would suggest that some of the euphoria on that thread seems misplaced. We came up against a physical team with a well organised defence and in truth we never really looked like creating a goal.

The goal we conceded was disappointing but I find it hard to argue that QPR were not full value for there victory. There are still 40 games to go but QPR certainly look more likely to bother the top six than we do. I would like to pick a man of the match but honestly can''t say anyone was good enough for that accolade.

In all it was a disappointing night, but perhaps I was expecting too much too soon.

I think alot of us were guilty of expecting too much too soon after the recent performances against Birmingham and Plymouth, the fact that we didn''t create hardly any goal scoreing opportunities against a side that had 10 men for an hour''s worth of play in our own back yard is very concerning and abit of a reality check too.

Well although it wasn''t a veyr good performance in general there were 3 players who started and finished the game who don''t deserve to start the next. Which is a shame because one of them was awesome against Birmingham but very poor tonight.

a lacklustre city performance from the off - qpr looked like the team who''d had the extra days rest - they played in dowies ugly image imo - and simply harried and bullied us off the ball - never giving us time to get our passing game going...as for the crowd - the away support put the barclay and snakepit to shame, mind you, they did have soemthing to cheer about.,/the whole team looked sh*t - and never troubled qpr...yep - consistency is the name of the game in this league - and we played as poorly tonight as we played well on saturday - did we stay over for some pasties and cream teas down in the west country - cos thats what it looked like?!?lets hope for some bounceback on saturday...yeah, and roedy - bring back semmy and crofty down the right...but most worrying for me - is the injury to kennedy - from the word go, the physio was looking at the bench - doesn''t look good.,/wheres our plan B - oh, grounds - he looked ok - but qpr were defending...

[quote user="GJP"]

Well although it wasn''t a veyr good performance in general there were 3 players who started and finished the game who don''t deserve to start the next. Which is a shame because one of them was awesome against Birmingham but very poor tonight.

[/quote]

your allowed to name names its a football message board

[quote user="ched seven"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

your allowed to name names its a football message board

[/quote]

I like the mystery...

Plus I''d have thought it was obvious.

But incase it isn''t, for me the worst offenders were; Stefanovic, Omosuzi and Fotheringham.

I thought Pattison would be one of your three GJP. But I agree with that too; can''t believe Stefanovic got man of the match (albeit it was hard to pick one). Thought Grounds looked alright though.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]I thought Pattison would be one of your three GJP. But I agree with that too; can''t believe Stefanovic got man of the match (albeit it was hard to pick one). Thought Grounds looked alright though.
[/quote]

I thought Pattison did alright. Although Lee Croft remains our best choice for right wing, in my opinion. At half time I was hoping he''d have the guts to take Fozzie off, bring Pattison inside and then put Croft on the right. But he didn''t.

Also I thought Kennedy did well and bailed out Stefanovic several times in the first half.

If Roeder wasn''t a hypocrite then Fozzy should have to back his bags. It has been a long time since I''ve seen such a yellow and couldn''t-care less performance. Particularly so from the club captain...

Tonight was like a jekyll and hyde performance compared to the one against birmingham....firstly though i would like to congratulate qpr on their defending, if ever you want to show kids how to defend with 10men, there we go...top notch defending on their behalve, and if they stayed with 11 men with cook on the field they probably wouldve destroyed us..anyway

• Marshall positioned his wall fine, but why then not even bother diving for the ball when it goes a yard to the side where your''e standing
  • stefanovic for the first time had a poor match, reacted second to most balls and gave away the needless free kick
  • i''m not a fan of his but pattison for me was the most creative player and atleast tried to get things going
  • why lupoli was taken off I do not know, as for hoolahan he tried but to no avail, roeder was right to atleast try and change things
  • cureton.....i''m sorry he has to go, offers less attacking threat then a sloth happy to go without food for a year