Sign in to follow this  
spm2866

Is this City's Marcus Evans moment?

Time to look at the facts presented to us......

20,000+ Loyal fans-Year in Year out

Emptying the club of financial assets-players

Talking up "Lots of lovely investment"

Flushing out a certain Mr Cullum ( 6 months early ) i''ll get to that in a mo....

A wall of silence from the top brass

Bringing in solid, dependable signings....not many as yet.... "as above"

Using most of this years budget on loanees

Now the facts presented don''t offer us alot to go on except force divisions between us which will lead to a "another Chase Out experience"

Now you can call this Fact, Fiction, Opinion or just plain dreamer its only my thoughts and feelings.....

I feel that Mr Cullum was flushed out early and behind the scenes he was and hopefully still is organising a takeover of our beloved Norwich City, the same story was happening just 1 year ago down in Suffolk, Ipswich had no money, solid but dependable players and a board of directors who had gone as far as they could in financing the club.

In my opinion this has to be City''s Peter Cullum moment because loanees however good they are or will be in the future does little for City''s long term future, I''m sure none of us really want to go down the road of hounding Delia out the same ways as Mr Chase and Mr Worthington went!

If this is not to be then things can only change with us the fans, an empty stadium and angry demonstrations i''m sure is not what Delia needs......

Thoughts welcome just as long as they are not detremental to our beloved Norwich City.....

OTBC

Loan players are the answer for an egotistical manager with an eye on proving that he CAN manage a club for a second year without leading it to disaster. Unfortunately it makes no allowance for what might happen in years 3 and 4 - but maybe he isn''t looking that far forward. Maybe a strong finish at the end of this year will be good enough to set his reputation back on the right tracks and allow a move for Team Glenn to bigger things.

I never will be in favour of turning up on a Saturday to watch someone elses players masquerading as my team - they are not my team and never will be. They are here entirely for their own reasons which vary from "getting a game" to enhance their reputation through "getting fit" to recover from injury to "getting a final pay day" before retirement - but they are NOT my team playing for my club.

Why not do away with the cost of having a team at all and instal giant screens around the ground and watch live coverage of Manchester United while pretending they are Norwich City. that way we get a winning team, at no cost.

[quote user="spm2866"]

Time to look at the facts presented to us......

20,000+ Loyal fans-Year in Year out

Emptying the club of financial assets-players

Talking up "Lots of lovely investment"

Flushing out a certain Mr Cullum ( 6 months early ) i''ll get to that in a mo....

A wall of silence from the top brass

Bringing in solid, dependable signings....not many as yet.... "as above"

Using most of this years budget on loanees

Now the facts presented don''t offer us alot to go on except force divisions between us which will lead to a "another Chase Out experience"

Now you can call this Fact, Fiction, Opinion or just plain dreamer its only my thoughts and feelings.....

I feel that Mr Cullum was flushed out early and behind the scenes he was and hopefully still is organising a takeover of our beloved Norwich City, the same story was happening just 1 year ago down in Suffolk, Ipswich had no money, solid but dependable players and a board of directors who had gone as far as they could in financing the club.

In my opinion this has to be City''s Peter Cullum moment because loanees however good they are or will be in the future does little for City''s long term future, I''m sure none of us really want to go down the road of hounding Delia out the same ways as Mr Chase and Mr Worthington went!

If this is not to be then things can only change with us the fans, an empty stadium and angry demonstrations i''m sure is not what Delia needs......

Thoughts welcome just as long as they are not detremental to our beloved Norwich City.....

OTBC

[/quote]roll the final dice the of???

roll the final dice the of???

Don''t really understand this but now with the rumour of the Turners quitting the board last night, it ties in nicely with my thoughts above!

OTBC

[quote user="Grumpy Old Blogger"]

Loan players are the answer for an egotistical manager with an eye on proving that he CAN manage a club for a second year without leading it to disaster. Unfortunately it makes no allowance for what might happen in years 3 and 4 - but maybe he isn''t looking that far forward. Maybe a strong finish at the end of this year will be good enough to set his reputation back on the right tracks and allow a move for Team Glenn to bigger things.

I never will be in favour of turning up on a Saturday to watch someone elses players masquerading as my team - they are not my team and never will be. They are here entirely for their own reasons which vary from "getting a game" to enhance their reputation through "getting fit" to recover from injury to "getting a final pay day" before retirement - but they are NOT my team playing for my club.

Why not do away with the cost of having a team at all and instal giant screens around the ground and watch live coverage of Manchester United while pretending they are Norwich City. that way we get a winning team, at no cost.

[/quote]Exactly how much time did you waste posting that drivel? Do you actually understand football or are you just a complete moron?

[/quote]

I have read some utter garbage on this forum,but this runs away with the top prize.You are not a Norwich City supporter.If you were,you would understand that you support the club,regardless of who is playing for them.Teams and players change,but the club endures.I''ve been going since 1969 and have seen highs and lows,but I will always cheer for the 11 lads in yellow and green on that pitch.We can do without people like you.

[/quote]Loan players can also get you promoted - but maybe your view is that winning promotion would just be a PR stunt by a manager building (or rebuilding) a reputation. Your analysis is way too one-sided. I''m a bit uneasy about the shortage of contracted players on our books, but I do admire Glenn''s guts in refusing to put up with contracted dross and taking the only other short-term option open to him, with the budget he has. "My team" is sadly a pretty meaningless expression these days - few players now are motivated by love of the Club. When they''re on the pitch, on the other hand, most players still have an instinct to work for their team. You''ll see that at least as much from Ryan Bertrand as from Mark Fotheringham, so who cares if RB is "our player"? Having said that, if this heavy reliance on loans rather than "growing our own" was a long-term strategy, however, I would be very unhappy.

Beauseant i didn''t quite gather what was being said either especially after what i posted, i to have been supporting since 1969 and it is the team who we support the other part of the club is trusted to by others.

I just have a feeling that the whole saga is about to make a massive change for the better and if the rumour is true that the Turners have quit the board that must really open up a takeover of the club.

OTBC FOREVER

[quote user="spm2866"]

Beauseant i didn''t quite gather what was being said either especially after what i posted, i to have been supporting since 1969 and it is the team who we support the other part of the club is trusted to by others.

I just have a feeling that the whole saga is about to make a massive change for the better and if the rumour is true that the Turners have quit the board that must really open up a takeover of the club.

OTBC FOREVER

[/quote]

Yes,I agree.If its true there is clearly something major going on ,and if it improves the club''s financial position I''m all for it!

[quote user="CID"]Man City have just had a bit of a ''sheikh-up'' so who knows [<:o)][/quote]

Did I mention that I''ve just seen Thaksin Shinawatra in Asda ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote user="CID"]Man City have just had a bit of a ''sheikh-up'' so who knows [<:o)][/quote]

[/quote]

Do you serve that with or without rice ?  [H]

I totally agree with all this, its a shame others cant see the truth.[quote user="Grumpy Old Blogger"]

[/quote]

What is drivel exactly?  Which bit is not true?[quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="Grumpy Old Blogger"]

[/quote]Exactly how much time did you waste posting that drivel? Do you actually understand football or are you just a complete moron?[/quote]

[quote user="CID"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

Do you serve that with or without rice ?  [H]

[/quote]

I think it''s a noodle dish.

[/quote]

Would you rather have had GR get in players not of the standard of the loan players? Then what, you could moan that he had brought crap. He has a 3 year plan, not much money, but look at the players he has brought in on contract, Stefanovic, Bell, Hoolahan and Clingan. This is only his first year of his plan, as far as I can see, not too bad so far. If he carries on like that at the end of the 3 years we will have a very good squad of OUR players. I would rather see a team that has grown and not bought like Chelsea, Man Utd and now Man City.

[quote]Loan players are the answer for an egotistical manager with an eye on proving that he CAN manage a club for a second year without leading it to disaster.[/quote]

Loan players are the answer for a manager with a small transfer budget.  The Turners walked out 2 weeks ago, taking any hopes of significant transfer money with them.

[quote]Unfortunately it makes no allowance for what might happen in years 3 and 4 - but maybe he isn''t looking that far forward.[/quote]

As ron obvious stated earlier, GR is building a squad of decent professionals on permanent contracts, but he can''t do this on the budget he has within one season.  It will take time.  He is looking ahead, but doing what he can with what he has now.

[quote]I never will be in favour of turning up on a Saturday to watch someone elses players masquerading as my team - they are not my team and never will be.[/quote]

Modern football clubs are brands with lots of players on short term contracts.  Anyone with any talent gets sucked into the Premiership and then farmed out to lower teams, Koroma for example.  We''ve got our loan business done early, but I bet we won''t be the only championship team with 5-8 loans before long.  Get your head out of the 1960s.

[quote]Why not do away with the cost of having a team at all and instal giant screens around the ground and watch live coverage of Manchester United while pretending they are Norwich City. that way we get a winning team, at no cost.[/quote]

Fair enough then, we''ll all give up footy and watch the big 5 on telly all year round instead.  That''s what the big 5 want, after all.