Sign in to follow this  
shefcanary

In the event of deal, would you sell your shares anyway

I have 5 - they''re mine for ever!  Anyone tries to buy me out they can p*ss off!  Probably a view of a lot of you, so all this talk about takeovers becomes academic. 

Have you heard of a similar stalemate at Sheff Wed - also a PLC?  There Geoff Sheard wants to takeover, the majority seem keen that he should, but because of the spread of shares with many in ordinary fans hands, the practicality of doing so can be scuppered by relatively few as City Takeover rules apply. 

Having seen the amount of argument on here, what chance has anyone of a takeover without the club / PLC spending hundred''s of thousands with accountants and lawyers engineering a dilution of share power and the creation of new voting rights.

I''m afraid we''ll have to wait for the next Chris Sutton type offload, or even more unlikely promotion to the Premiership with what we have got, before significant amounts of cash arrive.

Y&our forgetting that all someone has to do to buy the club and get control is but MWJ and Delia''s shares. Sure they won''t own 100% but enough that they''d have control and not have to worry too much about what anyone else thinks. Then tehre''s the Turners shares I''m sure they could be open to offers.I won''t sell my shares until I''m forced to by the stock market but I don''t honestly think anyone that''s a true Norwich fan would take it that far.Davo

if my thinking is right...once some takes control of the majority of shares 71% i think but dont quote me on it...he/she has to buy the remaing to take full control and i dont think there is alot the minority share holders can do about it....please do correct me if im wrong :-)

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]if my thinking is right...once some takes control of the majority of shares 71% i think but dont quote me on it...he/she has to buy the remaing to take full control and i dont think there is alot the minority share holders can do about it....please do correct me if im wrong :-)[/quote]

Hi, i''m new! Big Smile [:D]

Not too knowledgeable myself either, but from the Man U takeover I seem to remember something like when getting near that percentage you have to make an offer for the whole club, but it''s not compulsory for shareholders to sell. When a shareholder gets to something like 90% i think it then becomes compulsory, something to that effect anyway.

Once a lower threshold is reached (40/50% can''t remember) then an OFFER must be made to buy the rest - it is not compulsary to sell until the 90% level has been reached

He would have to offer to buy our shares. Most of us would probably not take that offer up which would probably be what any buyer was hoping for as he does not need them if he buys Delia and MWJ. He would just have to have the finance in place in case everyone took the offer up.