Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Follow-up to Tuesday's announcement - updated throughout the day

Peter. We know you don''t want to pay silly money for majority shares in NCFC.

But hopefully now the board can see WE NEED YOU!!!!

Forget all the stupid people who post rubish on here (Some of them are Ipswich people strirring)

You love Norwich, we love Norwich. Go for it OK?

I am one of the many many middle of the road fans who will back you all the way.

We are in need, you love the club, and the city.

TIME TO GET IN THERE

[quote user="Poringland Canary (1)"]

Peter. We know you don''t want to pay silly money for majority shares in NCFC.

But hopefully now the board can see WE NEED YOU!!!!

Forget all the stupid people who post rubish on here (Some of them are Ipswich people strirring)

You love Norwich, we love Norwich. Go for it OK?

I am one of the many many middle of the road fans who will back you all the way.

We are in need, you love the club, and the city.

TIME TO GET IN THERE

I don,t believe he is what you say he is, he is a billionaire who has never offered to put any money into this club without full control.To date the turners have put in 3 million for nothing they are true supporters, he could also do this, lets face it this 1.5 million shortfall we have is peanuts to him but he aint interested in charity to ncfc

Wasn''t that in loans though? Even though they were interest free? So how is it for nothing just have another 3mil of debt to repay? Unless i am mistaken and they gave us a 3mil gift? I stand to be corrected.

What would be the point in Cullum lending us 15 million in interest free loans, that would mean we just have another 15 million of debt?

It seemed what Cullum wanted (unrealistically in my opinion) was to get the shares for as little as possible and invest in the team. This would reduce the debt overall as the assets of the club would nicrease without hiking the loans up.

I just can''t see Delia giving the shares away for next to nothing as she isn''t the Turners with 250mil of assets, a bit of her wealth must be tied up in Norwich and she would need it back. If Cullum wants in, i reckon without just hiking up Norwich''s debt by loaning the club, after buying shares he would need to sugar daddy it to a certain degree and buy players as gifts.

How do you think he made his money, (by screwing people), and thats whats going to happen here, as he sits back and watches us inplode.

Mark my words PC is waiting to help himself here. If hes as good as he seems, why has he not helped city before now  ?

Cuz hes not doing something for nothing, hes got a plan and hes going to carry it thro, knowing hes going to end up the winner,

then after hes had his fill, (or the fans turn on him like DS and WJ), he will demand all his money back and kill the club.

You might get all you ask, but think what you ask for before you get it !

Wasn''t that in loans though? Even though they were interest free? So how is it for nothing just have another 3mil of debt to repay? Unless i am mistaken and they gave us a 3mil gift? I stand to be corrected.

What would be the point in Cullum lending us 15 million in interest free loans, that would mean we just have another 15 million of debt?

It seemed what Cullum wanted (unrealistically in my opinion) was to get the shares for as little as possible and invest in the team. This would reduce the debt overall as the assets of the club would nicrease without hiking the loans up.

I just can''t see Delia giving the shares away for next to nothing as she isn''t the Turners with 250mil of assets, a bit of her wealth must be tied up in Norwich and she would need it back. If Cullum wants in, i reckon without just hiking up Norwich''s debt by loaning the club, after buying shares he would need to sugar daddy it to a certain degree and buy players as gif

all i'' saying is that our shortfall is within pc''s power to give and he aint offered, the turners have given interest free loans but the triggers for repayment mean that these will never be repaid unless we are in a position to do so.

I just don''t go for cullum as a supporter first and foremost, buissiness man first supporter, well down the list.

view him with interest but not as a hero

i see it amalgamated our posts, in response to your post of...

>> all i'' saying is that our shortfall is within pc''s power to give and he aint offered, the turners have given interest free loans but the triggers for repayment mean that these will never be repaid unless we are in a position to do so.

I just don''t go for cullum as a supporter first and foremost, buissiness man first supporter, well down the list.

view him with interest but not as a hero <<

I understand what you are saying but they are different circumstances. Has PC been asked to loan 1.5mil to cover the shortfall? Expecting someone just cos they have money to go to the directors and say "are you in trouble, i have 1.5mil if you are" is a bit rich. They need to approach him regards investment.

The people who have put money in for nothing in return would be the true supporters as that''s the only thing that will help Norwich, but you could also call them mugs.

I think the problem is because the offer and Delia''s response were poles apart and i think there is the issue. Now i don''t have any facts, but... PC seemed to want the shares for nothing allowing investment purely into the team (like the takeover at Wolves a couple of years back), obviously this wasn''t going to happen as Delia isn''t that rich and this is a big asset for her. Delia''s response was to go to the other end of the spectrum and say you have to buy all of the shares at full price, repay all the loans and invest in the team. Now this wasn''t realistic either as most companies can renegotiate loans and don''t buy shares at full price unless they are sought after. If they could only sit down and meet in the middle somewhere, that''s what we all want.

[quote user="foggo7"]

[/quote]

The money is given as an interest free loan, because then there is no tax liability. If the money had been gifted then there would be a tax liability. So in the end its saving NCFC money.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Yellow Pecker"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Jim Smith"]It does go to show though what a fine line we have been walking and why clubs cannot survive (or perhaps more accurately prosper) without significant investment in this day and age when £2m of our budget for the season is effectively based on a "promise" from two of the directors that they will put money in. I''m sure its no different to a number of clubs but quite scary really.[/quote]

Well of course you are right Jim. And we could be about to move up with the big boys into a league where 20m of our budget is effectively based on a "promise" from directors. But does the promise extend to next season.. and the season after... and when the promises dry up 20m is a lot harder to find than 2m. Eventually football clubs are going to have to finance themselves. This spending of rich peoples money can''t last forever. 15 years ago we could compete with the richest clubs in the land. Even if we got back to the Premiership next season with Peter Cullum on board could we do that now?

[/quote]

Well of course you are right, Nutty, but you''re talking about a very hypothetical situation. We''ve just had the rug pulled fom under our feet and without some very marvellous gymnastics, we''re about to go a'' over t''.

The direction we''re headed in is not towards the Prem, though I do admire your optomism even at this stage of the proceedings.

Still next year we can have a good banter about just how much investment is required to get out of league 1.

[/quote]

Well of course you are entitled to your opinion but there''s no need to be condescending. I was talking about the way football is heading and pointing out that in the main clubs are financed by promises of investment each season. The bigger the investor means the harder it is to replace that money when the investment dries up.

My football team did not look like a League One team to me on Saturday, did it you?

[/quote]

Well of course your points are well taken, but it is a little ironic to be musing on the difficulties on financing a premiership campaign on the day that the Turners announce they''re quitting without the extra 1.5m going into the club as they promised dealia. The air must be a little rarified up on that fence.

My football team drew again on Saturday and are closer to the relegation zone than the play-off zone, is yours?

[quote user="Yellow Pecker"]

Well of course your points are well taken, but it is a little ironic to be musing on the difficulties on financing a premiership campaign on the day that the Turners announce they''re quitting without the extra 1.5m going into the club as they promised dealia. The air must be a little rarified up on that fence.

My football team drew again on Saturday and are closer to the relegation zone than the play-off zone, is yours?

[/quote]

The 1.5m shortfall doesn''t seem to have made much difference to the team Roeder has assembled in this window though does it? As always we shall have to see what happens about replacing that 1.5m. But however rarified would the air be up on the fence if at had been a 20m promise that went AWOL? [:^)]

You seem to have a lot of familiarity of the history of this message board for someone with so few posts, but maybe that''s something to do with Bly''s world and his wife watching.The reason I am on the fence over the whole Cullum issue is because these boardroom shenanigans are being played behind closed doors, and we only get to hear what those people playing those games want us to hear. Conspiracy theories fly around these boards. Everyone pretends to know what''s happening, who to blame, who''s at fault, who should do what. Take a step back and measure the credibility of these theories against what you know about your club. Do they add up? If they don''t add up to you ask a simple question. If the answer to that question has no substance to it, like a shrug of the shoulders and "where there''s a will there''s a way" then in all probability that theory has no substance.

I wasn''t talking about our result on Saturday, or our league position after 4 games. I was just pointing out that the players the club has assembled over the last 10 months did not look like a League One side to me. Did they you? As always there''s more to 90 mins football than Norwich City 1 Birmingham City 1 on Sports report. What did you think of the football we played? Who do you think made the difference to our midfield? Do you think Birmingham are a good yard stick to the standard required to challenge at the top of this division? Do you think our players are strong enough to cope with the more physical sides in this division? How do you think the side we have now compares to the side we had 10 months ago?

We are in much more of a position to make judgements on these football issues than we are on what''s going on behind closed doors in the boardroom. I''m not on the fence over this. I believe the squad we have no is stronger deepr and better as a whole than the one we had 10 months ago. We play better football and we matched Birmingham for much of the game. I am a bit concerned about the fact that they looked strongetr than us at the end of the game and I am still not sure if we are big enough to cope with the more phyical teams in this league. But time will tell on that one. If Birmingham are a yard stick of what''s required to challenge at the top of this league we could be going to have a good season.