Sign in to follow this  
Beauseant

Here's something interesting to debate

[quote user="Badger"]

[quote user="Leftfootdad"]How about...Why does GR keep making promises that never materialise? e.g. "I know the player I want am he will be here within 7 days"[/quote]

Presumably because he thought it was a done deal?

[/quote]

He can''t win.

He says nothing, everyone says he''s witholding information, and they want to know the truth. (sorry, the TRUTH)

He tells us something, and it falls through, he''s accused of being a liar.

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Scooby"][quote user="Beauseant"]

Given that we''re all bored today,and desperately waiting for news of a striker,and as I''ve always enjoyed poking sticks into termite mounds,here''s something for you all to debate.

We have two scenarios:

1 The club,with a limited budget, is not prepared to meet the price asked by Rosenborg to buy Iversen.This is subject to almost universal condemnation on this board,and seen as a sign of penny pinching at best,and incipient administration at worst.

2 Peter Cullum,a billionaire, is not prepared to offer the price asked to purchase the club.This is seen as shrewd business.

Discuss

[/quote]

Careful Beauseant old chap.  It''s just not cricket to offer such reasoned arguement on here.  You might be chastised severely for appearing to be on the side of the management and, worst of all, the club[:O]  And.... as for daring to cast aspersions against a certain Messiah, all be it tongue in cheek.  How very dare you!

[/quote]

It''s ''argument''......If you''re going to type pretentious, pontificating and ponderous piffle, try and get yur spellun roight!

Now, leave the keyboard and pooter....It''s your stint up Blah''s backside.....

[/quote]

God there''s always one isn''t there. Wassup Mello? Do you have nothing better to do than sit here trawling through peoples posts in case there''s ooooh, one spelling mistake, wow!  I''m so so sorry, I''ll take my uneducated arse back to school right away massa!  And, what the F*** are you on about Blah for?

Prat.

[/quote]

Twunt.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Scooby"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Scooby"][quote user="Beauseant"]

Given that we''re all bored today,and desperately waiting for news of a striker,and as I''ve always enjoyed poking sticks into termite mounds,here''s something for you all to debate.

We have two scenarios:

1 The club,with a limited budget, is not prepared to meet the price asked by Rosenborg to buy Iversen.This is subject to almost universal condemnation on this board,and seen as a sign of penny pinching at best,and incipient administration at worst.

2 Peter Cullum,a billionaire, is not prepared to offer the price asked to purchase the club.This is seen as shrewd business.

Discuss

[/quote]

Careful Beauseant old chap.  It''s just not cricket to offer such reasoned arguement on here.  You might be chastised severely for appearing to be on the side of the management and, worst of all, the club[:O]  And.... as for daring to cast aspersions against a certain Messiah, all be it tongue in cheek.  How very dare you!

[/quote]

It''s ''argument''......If you''re going to type pretentious, pontificating and ponderous piffle, try and get yur spellun roight!

[/quote]

God there''s always one isn''t there. Wassup Mello? Do you have nothing better to do than sit here trawling through peoples posts in case there''s ooooh, one spelling mistake, wow!  I''m so so sorry, I''ll take my uneducated arse back to school right away massa!  And, what the F*** are you on about Blah for?

Prat.

[/quote]

Mello has a bit of an anal fixation today,as well as a very nasty attack of pedantry.Still, saves having to construct an argument,doesn''t it?

[/quote]

When are you due back up there?......Have you finished your tea?

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Scooby"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Scooby"][quote user="Beauseant"]

We have two scenarios:

Discuss

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Prat.

[/quote]

Mello has a bit of an anal fixation today,as well as a very nasty attack of pedantry.Still, saves having to construct an argument,doesn''t it?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Just popping the wetsuit on now.Tea was great,I cooked spezzatino,which is a really nice Portuguese dish,we''ve had a couple of mojitos and are just settling down with a very nice Gran Reserva Rioja.How was your kebab?

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]I think we know that (1) is true, more or less - certainly true for Martin Taylor if you read today''s EDP.We don''t know if (2) is true, whether the club was ever really up for sale or whether that infamous £56m press release was just the club sabre rattling.So I don''t think we can really compare, to be honest.

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Scooby"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Scooby"][quote user="Beauseant"]

We have two scenarios:

Discuss

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Prat.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Just popping the wetsuit on now.Tea was great,I cooked spezzatino,which is a really nice Portuguese dish,we''ve had a couple of mojitos and are just settling down with a very nice Gran Reserva Rioja.How was your kebab?

[/quote]

Spiffin'' obrigado! I had it with extra chilli sauce, (also had a quick half pound burger with a block of cathedral and a pint of daddies sauce on it for an appetiser, oh, an'' 2 bags o'' chips) and some garlic mayo, threw away all that onion, green stuff rabbit $hite an'' yucky bleedin'' tomato...Bleurgh! I washed it down with 9 pints of  Scruttocks 12% Itchynacker bitter, slightly cheesy with a tang of balldruff - but palatable once past my decayed and rotten incisors and pre-molars....Family sized fresh cream Black forest Gateaux for pud, didn''t have a knife - so ate it in a ''oner''......Nice! 

Wanna borrow me speedos? It''ll be like being back in the womb as you''ll feel the warmth from the closeness of Blahaha''s lower intestine.

Less chance of agitating the peritoneum as well.....Enjoy!

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="Beauseant"]

We have two scenarios:

Discuss

[/quote]

1/

Disagree, the overall transfer budget policy is subject to some degree of condemnation from posters such as myself, because we always appear to be one of the paupers in this division, as opposed to one of the main players, which we should be. Iverson is just the final straw, if rumours are to be believed we have been playing brinkmanship all over the place, and losing. Witness all the noise re Ameobi, the failed bid for Paterson, the failed bid for Howard etc etc. Posters such as myself cannot seem to understand why other clubs - Coventry, Bristol City, Nottingham Forest, Burnley, etc etc have been able to come up with reasonably large sums of money to buy strikers, whilst we have not. One of the counter arguments is that they have rich chairmen etc, this is in direct opposition to another argument frequently used, that there isn''t anyone prepared to invest in Championship clubs! Another counter argument is to ridicule these clubs recent history, compared their spending over recent seasons to ours. I am interested in NOW, this season, we should have had a sizeable transfer kitty, as due to the incompetence last season we practically need to replace the entire team. What we don''t yet know is the cost of not getting a top striker in, In real terms that could be a hell of a lot more than paying a bit more for said striker.

2/

Ok, imagine your PC, you make overtures to the club, you are used to being treated with respect, after all you''re a pretty sharp businessman, one of the best in your field. You are shrewd enough to know that the club is in a degree of financial difficuly, and the business is not going forward, it''s going backwards. Which will be a crucial factor in what you are prepared to pay. (How much did Ken Bates sell Chelsea for?) Under those circumstances you may be expected to be welcomed, for discussions to be held, for an opportunity to fully explore your proposals. What do you get? Not even the courtesy of a meeting, an ultimatum to pay up top dollar, or sod off. I don''t know this 100%, but that''s what appears to have happened. You are also a bit frustrated at some of the misinformation being put forward, ie "there''s no one stupid enough to invest in the club" etc etc. So you wait, why should you reward those in charge who have failed so miserably? I believe he will get the club, but it will be on his terms, not Delia''s, we''re just the poor sods who will have to wait it out.

[/quote]

OK BB.  We all know your anti-board stance so, of course your arguement will be biased, but it''s all hearsay and guess work.  As you say yourself  if rumours are to be believed and we should have had a sizeable transfer kitty.  As for I don''t know this 100%, but that''s what appears to have happened. Says who? As with most of the board/Delia bashers on here, your arguements are always based on rumour and guess work, never fact. What is a fact however is that NCFC are one of the best run and most profitable clubs in the country.  PC new exactly what he was bidding for and it was not a club in decline and distress, and he was not prepared to stump up.

[/quote]

Gutted. I go to all the trouble of putting my post together, and am bathing in the praise that Beauseant generously gave me (thanks mate) and then you come along and stomp all over it! After the emotional rollercoaster of receiving praise and critiscism I am now hurt and depressed. Dealing with the points that you have highlighted, and I believe this has been said before, this is a messageboard, a place for opinions, rumours, suppositions etc. None of us really knows the truth unless we are very very close to the action. Of course I slant my arguments and comments against the Board, as I see them as the main obstacle to me being able to go absolutley mental on a Saturday afternoon after we have slaughtered the latest cannon fodder, followed by much celebratory alcohol and ripping the p*** out of the local scummers. Their lack of guts/investment/ambition is singularly to blame for me not being able to enjoy myself as much as I like. As such they are the enemy, as far as I am concerned.

ps - On balance I am far happier to have been praised by someone whose avatar is named after the standard of the Knights Templar, than one who has chosen a cartoon dog.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Davo"][quote user="pete_norw"] I think the general feeling throughout the fans is Peter Cullum would be the right chairman or owner to take our club back up to the Premier league and then into europe back where we belong, and if people who say that they are Norwich fans but would like Delia to stay they are not Norwich fans,Because with her we are going nowhere except lower league football. And a club always run on a shoestring,It is my opinion that she has no regards for the fan or the football, as long as her kitchen is working thats fine. [/quote]Sorry but this is just complete twaddle. Are you sure your not a West Ham, Wolves or Newcastle fan with that talk of us belonging in europe as though we have a divine right to be there because we are Norwich City Football Club. I would love to be there myself but I don''t feel it''s our divine right like you seem to. You can be a Norwich fan and support Delia just as you can be a Norwich fan and not support Delia. I''m not a fan of Delia''s and I think she has done as much for this club as she can but who decides whether you are a fan of a club or not? You? I don''t think so. I know a few people that are and have been season ticket holders for nearly 20 years and they support Delia because they don''t know much about Cullum, his intentions or his offer, are you going to tell me they aren''t real fans? Probably I wouldn''t put it past some people on this board.As for Iversen if I was Rosenborg I wouldn''t sell him. He''s a top striker over there and they can earn more money to buy better players for next season with him than they can without him. I doubt we offered them enough to be more than what they could earn in the next few months from this seasons UEFA Cup or from the chance of qualifying for next seasons European competitions which all happen in the next couple of months for them.Davo[/quote]

Inspite of what you said, don''t you think this club our club deserves better things, with Delia all we can hope for is mid to low league I have been a norwich Fan for over 40 years and the last ten have been a load of tof, I never said we had a devine right to play in Europe, but given the chance to would be better than a relligation fight to league 1 every season, when will people realise we are going nowhere with Queen Delia, Her biggest mistake was to keep worthington when we were in the prem. after ten defeates he should have gone then perhaps just perhaps we might still have been there now 

[/quote]I agree with alot of what your saying but when people come out if things like "in Europe where we belong" or "we deserve to be in the premiership" it gets on my nerves. When you talk like that don''t you think Leeds deserve to be in the Champions League every year where they belong as after all they spent more time and had more sucess in that competition more recently than we had in the Uefa Cup? The club is where it deserves to be at the moment because of the way it has been run over the last 10 years or so the same way Leeds are where they deserve to be because of the way they were run. As far as I''m concerned there;s only 2 teams in recent history that aren''t where they deserved to be: West Ham and Sheffield United.This doesn''t mean it''s where I want it to be of course I don''t. I''d love us to be in the same place Aston Villa are now. They have a top manager, a chairman that supports him while at the same time not being frivilous and keeping an eye on the financial stability of the club. There''s no doubt our current predicament is down to the board and they way the club has been run but just because people still back this board doesn''t mean they aren ''t true fans they just have a different perspective than you do. There''s very little football wise that would make me happier at the moment than seeing Delia doing a Jack Hayward and walking away from the club with the promise of serious investment and a crate of cooking Sherry (Ok Jack Hayward only took 10 quid but I think Delia would prefer the Sherry). She won''t do that and it seems to make a mockery of the things she''s said over the last 18 months or so and I''ve lost all trust in the current board like many people have but while I want her to go I''m not 100% sure Cullum is the right way forward. Only time will tell.Davo