Sign in to follow this  
St.John Cooper

Half time and not 1 shot on target

Well nearly Half Time. If we cant get a shot on target we will never win games. Whatever the outcome of this game and I hope we win it is a sad tate of affairs and once again highlights big problems ahead for our season.

Some will say but its only the 3rd game of the season, I say change it now before its to late!

This has nil-one written all over it.  Oh, and let''s not forget the post-match "Marshy hasn''t had a shot to save" tired comment.  We are in trouble.  There''s a phrase ''they couldn''t buy a goal''..I think if you look around the division that''s EXACTLY what a lot of our rivals have done in the close season.  What a farce..this is exactly what we deserve after failing to replace Dion. 

[quote user="TheboyMark"]This has nil-one written all over it.  Oh, and let''s not forget the post-match "Marshy hasn''t had a shot to save" tired comment.  We are in trouble.  There''s a phrase ''they couldn''t buy a goal''..I think if you look around the division that''s EXACTLY what a lot of our rivals have done in the close season.  What a farce..this is exactly what we deserve after failing to replace Dion. [/quote]

Agree, no thought and just excuses and some fans that but into it!

Watching the official site text coverage. Doesn''t sound too bad.Not at the match then Mr. Cooper?Were you there last week??

[quote user="TheboyMark"]This has nil-one written all over it.  Oh, and let''s not forget the post-match "Marshy hasn''t had a shot to save" tired comment.  We are in trouble.  There''s a phrase ''they couldn''t buy a goal''..I think if you look around the division that''s EXACTLY what a lot of our rivals have done in the close season.  What a farce..this is exactly what we deserve after failing to replace Dion. [/quote]

Even with Dion nothing would change, it would be no different. I still don''t see why people get so misty eyed over Dion, he was a player coming towards the end of his career and the two seasons he was involved in were dire, he was never going to be a prolific scorer at his age.

So I personally wouldn''t say failing to replace Dion - more likely failing to replace Earnie and Ashton.

[quote user="ron obvious"]
Watching the official site text coverage. Doesn''t sound too bad.

Not at the match then Mr. Cooper?

Were you there last week??

[/quote]

Best thing I''ve heard all week.

Cos of course the official site text coverage is gonna say we''re dire isn''t it?

It''s probably Delia writing it herself.

Hi Ron, as said in the post last week yes I was last week but no not this week had to come back to Dubai whats your excuse?....and if you think it does not sound to bad you are the kind off fan that I mean by buy it.  Having said that you are a yellow and for that respect even if we disagree

OTBC

[quote user="TheboyMark"]I appear to be a prophetic genius.  Nil-one.  We can''t keep a clean sheet and we can''t score.  Dreadful.[/quote]

That the curent score?

[quote user="ron obvious"]
Watching the official site text coverage. Doesn''t sound too bad.

Not at the match then Mr. Cooper?

Were you there last week??

[/quote]

1 nil down Ron....souding not too bad still?  Sometimes its good just to say others might be right

If you were at the game you would know we had several shots in the first half. Lupoli missed an open goal. Hoolahan missed a good chance. Curo hit the woodwork. Pattison hit a nice shot just over - and that''s just off the top of my head.

Perhaps such criticism is unfair when all you have to go by is Radio Norfolk or a text comm.

[quote user="FozzyFan"]it says 1 shot on target, but doesnt say we hit the bar twice and missed 2 open goals ![/quote]

And you think that makes it better!   NO it actually makes it worse!