Sign in to follow this  
pennywise

best hooligan film ?

Explain this then, my sons friend Bernie was well known for a bit of aggro in the barclay, had right wing links, yet was of mixed race? Nice bloke though.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Explain this then, my sons friend Bernie was well known for a bit of aggro in the barclay, had right wing links, yet was of mixed race? Nice bloke though.[/quote]

Strawberry is part right. The london clubs were a recruiting ground for the national front but fans of clubs such as Norwich were just in it for the heck of it. I was involved in this in the 80''s(not something I''m proud of) and can assure you that in the Norwich stein army there was no far right connotations that I was aware of. It would have been a bit daft because as Arthur rightly points out the head honcho was mixed race.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Explain this then, my sons friend Bernie was well known for a bit of aggro in the barclay, had right wing links, yet was of mixed race? Nice bloke though.[/quote]

I knew him slightly at the time, also knew one of the other "faces" at the time who''s nickname was B**Z*. And I remember the picture of them in front of the Kingsway with the NF flag. Being a bit of s staunch labour voter at the time and deff NOT a racist myself, I asked them why they were supporting the NF and the answer I got was that they couldn''t give a toss for them, it was just a chance to get their picture taken! Was a very strange time, as you say, Bernie did save me from a beating at the hands of  Spurs fans on one occasion, but I would not have wanted to get into an argument with him!

[quote user="ched seven"]

with all this nostalgic looking back at trashing pubs and putting the boot in  and exagerrated stories of running this firm and that firm  just wondered what everyones favourite hooligan movie is ?  i didn`t mind green street , thought football factory was terrible, haven`t seen cass yet  , the firm was alright. for me the best one has to be  ID  from the mid 90s with reece dinsdale ,warren clarke, and sean pertwee , a classic.

[/quote]

Here here, "F*&$in'' love you do Gumbo!"

I have never understood the way some people are so sycophantic for scum like the Krays, Frankie Frazier, Don Mclean and the like, to be fair Cass Pennant is reformed but thats not why people want photos with him or want to write books about him , its because he was a lunk headed thug that went round bashing people up.

Have none of you seen ''This is England''?

By far the best and most moving hooligan film, in my opinion.

[quote user="Geeza"]

Have none of you seen ''This is England''?

By far the best and most moving hooligan film, in my opinion.

[/quote]

i`ve seen it and bloody good it was, but wasn`t  football related more about good ska loving skinheads and  nasty racist skinheads