Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

A different view

I used to post quite regularly on here but for the last 18 months the whole thing has got just too boring. However, on the odd occassions that I do visit all I ever see are the same old stories, same old rumours, same old arguments, same old rubbish.

Delia out, it''s the Boards fault, the Manager is crap, let''s get a new one, we can''t score, we can''t defend, there''s no future in loan players, don''t let Huckerby go/bring back Huckerby, the squad is too old, the players are crap, we''re useless in the transfer market, the academy is not working, we ain''t got no money.

On and on and on it goes, day after day, week after week, season after season. What is the point of it all - all the whinging, moaning & sniping in the World won''t change anything.

Welcome to the real World of English football in 2008. It''s about time you realised that the days of Norwich City, and virtually every other Club outside the Premiership, being anywhere near "a major club" are over.

Like the vast majority of Championship sides we''ve been put out to grass by the Premier League. We might as well accept the situation & just get on and enjoy life just as it is because nothing is going to change. We are a Championship side, no better, probably no worse. The players we''ve got are probably the best we can afford and that situation is unlikely to change. We need a miracle but unfortunately no fancy foreign multi millionaire with brains is going to be interested in a relatively unknown Championship Club stuck out in the sticks of Norfolk.

A good season for us from now on is (i) not getting relegated, (ii) being comfortable in mid table and (iii) occassionally having a tilt at the play offs and the odd Cup run. Realistically we ain''t ever gonna be a long term (i.e. more than one season) Premiership team again. So, we might get lucky one season, maybe do a Derby/Watford/Hull City and get promotion, but for what - the glory of getting stuffed every week but infinitely superior players & teams who only see you as cannonfodder on the road to greater & more important things.

This is not being defeatest or unloyal. It''s just the way things are. Sure we all want the team to do well & be succesful but realistically if you are a football fan in 2008 you have to know and understand what your Clubs'' limitations really are. Unfortunately not many people here do.

I think most of what you say is fairly true, but the issue that seems to be causing trouble here is not winning the league but competing in it.

I hope we get one or even two target men (what happened to 2 for every position) and we give it our best shot,  think as a club we should be comfortable in this division. I think people are angry because it appears we cannot compete in this division. To go into the season without a target man is suicide and it really makes me wory about Roeders judgement. Surely we could have signed a loaner as backup who could be filling in now before the messiah arrives ?

I went to cov on saturday and at times we played some nice stuff but once we went behind there was no way back each attack took 5 minutes or more and they just got behind the ball (I would guess the same happened last night)

To be honest I hated the prem season but i do want us to have some realistic ambition to get there.

Then, Making of Leighton Buzzard, are you kneeling down or bending over? Which one?

Just asking.

As Keelan said, what bothers an awful lot of people is our clearly declining ability to be even properly competitive in the Championship.

OTBC 

Nothing like a bit of competetive spirit! There is absolutely no reason why we can''t regain our place in the premiership and stay there - just we won''t do it under the present board - because they don''t want to. 

Also, why do some posters moan about people giving views on a message board ffs? Is it not what it''s there for?

[quote user="astrodyne"]

Also, why do some posters moan about people giving views on a message board ffs? Is it not what it''s there for?

[/quote]

Is it just me or is this statement hilariously rich/ironic! [:D] 

[quote user="astrodyne"]

Nothing like a bit of competetive spirit! There is absolutely no reason why we can''t regain our place in the premiership and stay there - just we won''t do it under the present board - because they don''t want to

[/quote]

What an idiot

Would you care to expand on that statement my fishy fellow poster? Would you like to point out to me the ambition in achieving this aim of getting and staying in the premiership?

[quote user="astrodyne"]More paradoxical I feel my curly haired fellow poster[/quote]

No, its rich/ironic; you are complaining about people moaning about people expressing views on a message board when that''s all you ever do.

There''s a big difference between being paradoxical and hypocritical.  

Yes, and you are complaining about me complaining about another poster complaining about other posters complaining.....I find that rather paradoxical, but then I made an anti-board statment didn''t I curly - you couldn''t possibly agree with ME could you?[:)]

[quote user="astrodyne"]Yes, and you are complaining about me complaining about another poster complaining about other posters complaining.....I find that rather paradoxical, but then I made an anti-board statment didn''t I curly - you couldn''t possibly agree with ME could you?[:)][/quote]

Nothing to do with that I can''t say I''m over the moon with our board at this present time; just that you made a hilariously hypocritical statement which I pointed out. Simple as. I agree that the result of that, i.e. me complaining about you complaining about etc is somewhat paradoxical (in a truer sense) but your original statement was just hypocritical. [:)]

[quote user="astrodyne"]Would you care to expand on that statement my fishy fellow poster? Would you like to point out to me the ambition in achieving this aim of getting and staying in the premiership?[/quote]

Do you seriously think that the Delia, Michael and the rest of the board do not want premiership football?

We need a miracle but unfortunately no fancy foreign multi millionaire with brains is going to be interested in a relatively unknown Championship Club stuck out in the sticks of Norfolk.

Not a foreign one but to my knowledge there WAS a billionaire who was willing to invest on the pitch- but he was sent off with a flea in his ear.

The first two posts on this thread nail it. The way football works means that it is impossible in the current climate for us to be a force in the Premiership. But we ought to be in the top ten of the Championship every season, and competing for promotion more often than not.

Finally somoene is talking sense there are many things that we as supporters would like to see certain things done better at the clud i.e board issues, players, finances etc but what I hope most of us want to see this season and for the future is watching a team that plays good football, scrapes when they need to, bring through some quality home grown youngsters and can get through to the 3rd or 4th round of the CC Big Smile [:D] 

We will get the result on saturday and go from there, just remember where we were as a club in october last season!!