Sign in to follow this  
Tipster101

Where will this team finish debate.

Assuming the still outstanding signings do sign where do you all think the following team would finish in the league:

Marshall

Omozusi  Stefanovic Shackell Bertrand

Bell  Fozzy  Clingan  Hoolahan

Lupoli  Ameobi

Subs: GK, Croft, Russell, Cureton, Doc

I reckon 6th

Whilst obviously team building isn''t an exact science - the best teams are somehow much greater than the sum of parts would lead you to expect. Equally the best looking ones on paper can be truly poor.

Having said that i reckon this looks potentially pretty damn fine - could even challenge for automatic promotion!

Cue usual suspects .... "relagation certainties".

Still reckon there could be further surprises and, like others, not sure that Ameobi is worth spunking too much dosh on. Roeder may yet come up with better!

[quote user="woody"]Whilst obviously team building isn''t an exact science - the best teams are somehow much greater than the sum of parts would lead you to expect. Equally the best looking ones on paper can be truly poor. Having said that i reckon this looks potentially pretty damn fine - could even challenge for automatic promotion! Cue usual suspects .... "relagation certainties".[/quote]

Err? has Ameobi, or worse, Lupoli signed then? get real, it won''t happen!.[:|]

I was bloody worried a few weeks ago like the rest of you. We didn''t have any players and to be fair that isn''t the best way to head into a season. Now we''ve actually brought some players in we look half tidy. I think its fair to say we''ve improved the quality of the squad, even if we still lack a little on numbers. If we can get off to a good start and be consistent then in this league we could be towards to top. Not to say we''ll walk away with the title but top 8 is possible.

As with last season in the championship this coming season will be a very close affair.  remember last season there was only 18 points between playoff and relegation.  Anyone fool enough to guess where any team will finish will need a bit of luck.

I don''t think Roeder''s quite finished yet. Still plenty of names floating around: Gorks, Rasiak, Righters etc. There are probably some that haven''t been mentioned yet. Even after the season starts, the transfer window still has another month or so to go - and there are always loans during the season.

Still reckon Chris Martin has it in him to surprise people and be ...

They all have to gel somewhere down the line though!

The most important thing for me is that the midfield no longer picks

itself, which has to be the first time in years that we can say

that!  We have options! I''d almost forgotten what that concept

was...

We will finish as champions and Ipswich will be relegated, just how happy would we all be?

[quote user="Tipster101"]

Assuming the still outstanding signings do sign where do you all think the following team would finish in the league:

Marshall

Omozusi  Stefanovic Shackell Bertrand

Bell  Fozzy  Clingan  Hoolahan

Lupoli  Ameobi

Subs: GK, Croft, Russell, Cureton, Doc

I reckon 6th

[/quote]

I honestly believe that is the team that will kick off the season!! 10th

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="woody"]Whilst obviously team building isn''t an exact science - the best teams are somehow much greater than the sum of parts would lead you to expect. Equally the best looking ones on paper can be truly poor. Having said that i reckon this looks potentially pretty damn fine - could even challenge for automatic promotion! Cue usual suspects .... "relagation certainties".[/quote]

[/quote]

Did anybody say they had signed? Nope. Just a bit of fun. Why do you even bother? Honestly tho...why?

[quote user="Take me home...Carrow Road"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

Did anybody say they had signed? Nope. Just a bit of fun. Why do you even bother? Honestly tho...why?

[/quote]

Because I find this tread tragic, and it demostrates clearly just how desperate some City fans have become recently.....thats why.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Take me home...Carrow Road"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Because I find this tread tragic, and it demostrates clearly just how desperate some City fans have become recently.....thats why.

[/quote]

Haha, then why do you feel the need to comment on it? There are many threads that I find ridiculous...but hold myself back from ruining it for other people with constant negativity. I was taught..."If you''ve not got anything good to say...then don''t say anything at all!" Surely not an unreasonable request?

[quote user="Take me home...Carrow Road"]

I was taught..."If you''ve not got anything good to say...then don''t say anything at all!" [/quote]

Well I was taught differently!.[:)]

i reckon we could make playoffs if we steer clear of injuries.

Wiz... you''re getting your head handed to you at the moment by the way.