Sign in to follow this  
Tookie140

Mifsud asking price 1.5m?

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Doesn''t offer anything we don''t already have? Please. [:|][/quote]

Exactly. He can''t hit Maltese barn doors!

At that price I''d agree we should look elsewhere but Mifsud is a lot better than Martin and Cureton. I can''t comment on Lupoli yet though.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]At that price I''d agree we should look elsewhere but Mifsud is a lot better than Martin and Cureton. I can''t comment on Lupoli yet though.[/quote]

i just don''t see the point in having Lupoli, Cureton and Mifsud in the same squad

[quote user="ncfc_chris"]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]At that price I''d agree we should look elsewhere but Mifsud is a lot better than Martin and Cureton. I can''t comment on Lupoli yet though.[/quote]

i just don''t see the point in having Lupoli, Cureton and Mifsud in the same squad

[/quote]

I would agree that we need a target man.

Mifsud didn''t score in 19 games after Xmas and wasn''t in the Coventry starting 11 at the end of the season.  Looking at the Coventry message boards, the supporters don''t seem to be too worried about losing him. 

I didn''t go to the Coventry away game but I am told he caused us problems.  Was the problem Mifsud, or was it Docherty and Shackell?

Well if we dont have £1.5 million our 2 strikers are going to be pretty poor.

[quote user="FozzyFan"]

1.5 million will eventually be enough for 1 certain shola ameobi towards the end of the window !

they will let him go because hes out of contract at the end of the season, so they dont want him going for nothing !

[/quote]If you read an article on Newcastle Mad yesterday about how it was time for Shola to move on as the fans were against him now it said he had already turned down moves to Stoke,Ipswich,WBA and Norwich.

[quote user="Northern Canary"]1.5m is a fair price for someone whose scored 17 goals in a season, we may not have that much for one player though.[/quote]

Only 11 league goals though and he went 19 games without a goal last year which suggests he was found out! Even Curo scored more league goals than him and he never went anywhere near 19 games with a goal.

Like others have said £1.5M is a lot of money for another small striker. I would rather have Rasiak for similar money or possibly Amoebi. Also you could probably get Rigters for £450K if you want a pacy striker. Mifsud would be OK for £500K tops - don''t forget he is out of contract at the end of the season too.