Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Unable to compete with Stockport of League 1, Great.

Or even this Monkey LOL. Do I lose stars for typing when ive had a few malts mate? LOL

"The thing is this. We were interested. We made a bid because of that. Our negeotiator from the board wouldnt sanction a bid of 100,000 matching Stockports. Now if we rate him-which we did because we made a bid, we obviously think he was good enough for championship level. So as we believed he was actually good enough for this level by making a bid, i ask those arguing against me this- How many chamionship standard strikers can you sign for £100,000? My guess is none. Sensible replys please, but please read properly 1st."

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Thanks Cam, well said.  I''m currently in a battle with one of my crying children who is insisting on not going to sleep.  They''ve got seven stars on a board and for each time they''re naughty they lose one and if they reach zero they miss out on going to see Wall.E tomorrow.  Unfortunately one of them is too stubborn to realise that her being naughty is just making things worse and she''s going to miss out as a result if she keeps it up.  Her stubborn nature means that everything has to be explained to her ten times before it finally sinks in (and it is because she''s finally stopped crying after half an hour of it).

Could we set up a similar system with this bunch of muppets? If we have to explain something to them more than seven times then they''re not allowed into any local pubs for a week? That''d learn ''em... [;)]
[/quote]

Sit and read to her.....the American thread would be a good start I think.  I''m sure she''d soon drop off.........................

[quote user="camuldonum"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Thanks Cam, well said.  I''m currently in a battle with one of my crying children who is insisting on not going to sleep.  They''ve got seven stars on a board and for each time they''re naughty they lose one and if they reach zero they miss out on going to see Wall.E tomorrow.  Unfortunately one of them is too stubborn to realise that her being naughty is just making things worse and she''s going to miss out as a result if she keeps it up.  Her stubborn nature means that everything has to be explained to her ten times before it finally sinks in (and it is because she''s finally stopped crying after half an hour of it).

Could we set up a similar system with this bunch of muppets? If we have to explain something to them more than seven times then they''re not allowed into any local pubs for a week? That''d learn ''em... [;)]
[/quote]

Sit and read to her.....the American thread would be a good start I think.  I''m sure she''d soon drop off.........................

[/quote]

LOL

Look EM you think you are right, I think i am right, does not mean to say either of us is. Its called an opinion or difference of opinion, no need to get personal and call people "spanners". Im not sure if its the same these days but in my day to call someone a spanner was reffering that they were a spastic, and thats a bit off, you probably dont mean it in that sense but at the end of the day you have your view and I have mine, right or wrong, this is a forum and would be a bit boring if we all agreed dont you think?

How many stars did I lose LOL?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]I use a monkey wrench, it''s a bit like a spanner.....But, who actually gives a monkey''s? [/quote]

You ALL care because it is your club. 

It''s just that you care in different ways and long may it remain so as long as you still end up caring!

[quote user="Mello Yello"]I use a monkey wrench, it''s a bit like a spanner.....But, who actually gives a monkey''s? [/quote]

It''s just that you care in different ways and long may it remain so as long as you still end up carin

[/quote]

OOOooooooooooooo............

Wow.

So soft and fuzzy.

Where''s the old newspaper hack?

Delia would love you on board in this mood.

Or more than one of you have access to the same account?

OTBC

It''s just that you care in different ways and long may it remain so as long as you still end up carin

[/quote]

Wow.

So soft and fuzzy.

OTBC

[/quote]

Wow.

So soft and fuzzy.

OTBC

[/quote]

As a devoted father of two boys....may I suggest Nitrous Oxide? Sends them to sleep nicely...and they laugh at your jokes while doing so......

Only too pleased to help....  [Y]

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

[/quote]

As a devoted father of two boys....may I suggest Nitrous Oxide? Sends them to sleep nicely...and they laugh at your jokes while doing so......

Only too pleased to help....  [Y]

[/quote]

NITROUS OXIDE! I knew it was something like that......[:O]

"Oh Dear! I''ve been using Nitro Glycerine on my kids......I wondered why there was no roof over their bedroom this morning - after I eventually  found them wrapped in charred duvets four door''s down, asleep in a neighbour''s garden."[:$]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Stockport win race for Thompson

Peter Thompson

Peter Thompson has signed a three-year deal at Stockport

Northern Ireland striker Peter Thompson has joined Stockport County after Irish League champions Linfield accepted a bid from the League One club.

Norwich City had also made an offer but Linfield said it had been unacceptable.

The exact fee has not been revealed but it is believed to be a substantial six-figure sum.

Thompson, who has seven NI caps and was the Premier League''s top scorer last season, has agreed a three-year contract with the Edgeley Park outfit.

Updated BBC report

Outbid by Stockport. End of story.

Any more attempts at excuses or rationalisations?

OTBC

[/quote]

There is nothing in that report that says we did not match or even better Stockports offer, just that our offer was unacceptable. I still stand by my assumption (given the wording of every reputable report so far) that Linfield held out for clauses in the deal that we found unacceptable. Unless you can show me what our bid was compared to Stockports then you can not say that we were outbid.

[quote user="bunny"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Peter Thompson

Peter Thompson has signed a three-year deal at Stockport

Northern Ireland striker Peter Thompson has joined Stockport County after Irish League champions Linfield accepted a bid from the League One club.

The exact fee has not been revealed but it is believed to be a substantial six-figure sum.

Thompson, who has seven NI caps and was the Premier League''s top scorer last season, has agreed a three-year contract with the Edgeley Park outfit.

Updated BBC report

Outbid by Stockport. End of story.

Any more attempts at excuses or rationalisations?

OTBC

[/quote]

There is nothing in that report that says we did not match or even better Stockports offer, just that our offer was unacceptable. I still stand by my assumption (given the wording of every reputable report so far) that Linfield held out for clauses in the deal that we found unacceptable. Unless you can show me what our bid was compared to Stockports then you can not say that we were outbid.

[/quote]

I think the board should burrow some money.....Do you think so Bunster?

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

From the BBC website:

Linfield''s leading goalscorer Peter Thompson

Linfield''s leading goalscorer Peter Thompson has seven NI caps

Northern Ireland striker Peter Thompson is to join Stockport County after Irish League champions Linfield accepted a bid from the League One club.

The exact fee has not been revealed but it is believed to be in the region of £100,000 plus add-ons.

Thompson, who has seven NI caps and was the Premier League''s top scorer last season, will now negotiate terms with the Edgeley Park outfit.

Thompson netted 44 times last season to help Linfield claim a third successive league and cup double.

A statement from Linfield said: "Peter has been an exemplary sportsman and ambassador for this club and his prolific goalscoring record bears favourable comparison with the greats of this club.

"Everyone at Linfield extends to Peter every best wish and hopes for success in his future playing career."

Linfield manager David Jeffrey had said on Tuesday that he was resigned to losing his top scorer.

"It would not be morally right to even think about standing in Peter''s way," said Jeffrey.

"He has served us fantastically well and was the first to turn full-time.

"He made a career decision then and wants to play at the highest level he possibly can and he is in the final year of his contract with us.

"It will leave us with a massive hole to try to fill but he goes with our blessing and the club wants to facilitate a smooth passage for him."

Jeffrey praised Stockport for the way they had handled the negotiations.

"They have been professional about it and the fact that their manager and chief executive broke off from a pre-season training trip in Italy to come to Belfast showed their desire for Peter," he added.

[/quote]

he''s naf anyway.

[quote user="astrodyne"]

No, your crap old car analogy is wrong. This is a young man who can put the ball in the back of the net, not a jaded old has-been such as pieman.

For the reported sums I would think this is a win win gamble. A footballing gamble.  

[/quote]

Ok slightly misleading analogy and granted he''s not an old player, but

you''ve still missed the point. It''s all about how much each party

involved in the transfer values the player. Stockport have a higher

valuation of him than we do and therefore are prepared to pay more,

simple. I wasn''t implying that Thomson was a crap old car, although I

think he would probably turn out to be a Vauxhall Corsa at best.